[Official] Sharing Essential Oils Info, Usages, Tips, DIYs, Lobangs etc

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope i didnt. i think maybe senser spoil cos when i filled it up with water and on it... it beeps and auto switch off like how it will when there is low water level inside.

Hmm... maybe really spoilt liao. If it is not fr Muji, then juz buang and get new one bah

Sent from From ohjodelicious using GAGT

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Have take care during the cleaning lor. Dun let water get into the inner part where the electrical parts are.

The EO for mopping is usu for insect repellent or disinfecting purpose. Juz use for last rinse.

Tea Tree is quite a strong one. So must be heavily diluted before use it topically. But do a small area test 1st

I use the epsom salt as exfoliating for knee caps.

it happened to me..

i'm using those steam type, i think water had entered the electronics area and caused a power trip :s13:

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it happened to me..

i'm using those steam type, i think water had entered the electronics area and caused a power trip :s13:

I kena before oso. Accidentally got some water into the bottom. I juz stop using it for a few days. Then it oso of dried up then can use liao

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Muji style diffuser you mean tis type?

QVNCzhfl.jpg

Tis type can add pure EO to the water. Amt of EO to add is dependent on the diffuser capacity and the viscosity of the oil. If add too much, it will clog the diffuser or no mist will come out

The water-based ones are more for scenting the room. Usu is used for water-based air purifier or humidifier like the ones below. These type of purifier/ humidifier not advisable to use pure EO. Unless you want to heavily dilute the EO wif water. Which will then defeat the purpose liao.

Yah, this type. The 'ultrasonic' type that makes the mist come out. Zehzeh got so many :eek:

I put the 500ml in my office and the 100ml one in my bedroom
But smell quite faint unless I drop like 10+ drops into the diffuser :(

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah, this type. The 'ultrasonic' type that makes the mist come out. Zehzeh got so many :eek:

I put the 500ml in my office and the 100ml one in my bedroom
But smell quite faint unless I drop like 10+ drops into the diffuser :(

I got a lot of diffusers at home. The ones in the pic are juz some of them. I tink i have at least 12 at home.

Sometime when you put too much EO, the smell oso wun get stronger. Coz the oil will get too heavy for the diffuser to "move". Not so strong mist flow and scent gets affected.

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for car usage?

https://shopee.sg/Car-Air-Vent-Perfume-Bottle-Refillable-Car-Air-Freshener-Perfume-Diffuser-Fragra-i.63369471.1615334547

recently i bought this, pretty cute and good.

i tried water, it evaporate too fast.
and the wooden part, actually cracks..

so now, i'm fully on oil.
on day 2 trial.

Car, if I need something strong, i use tis one from YL.

dqBkFiql.jpg

Then I diy car diffusers for my bro. Will be giving them as xmas gifts to frens oso.

Later i post the pic of the diy diffuser

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tis is the diy car pom pom air fresher/ diffuser.

h17SXB6l.jpg

mbdw1Bol.jpg

dj50cpJl.jpg

Juz clip to the aircon vent if you wan a stronger scent. Drop a few drops of EO to the pom pom. Then add EOs again when the scent diminished over days/ weeks later.

Tis piece was a bday gift for a fren who is a doraemon fan. I oso included a diy respiratory blend of EOs in a 3ml sample bottle.

KELh6KFl.jpg

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The EO respiratory blend has Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Peppermint

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
looks cute.
in fact,too cute for me :s13:

any recommendation for EO for cars or house?
all non electric

is fragrance oil the same as EO?

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi ish here for oil to rubba rubba on moi self :o

I'd rather let the masseuse massage my body bah
- Friday's appt confirmed too

(tho' I did buy some Ginger Oil for lymphatic massages + Reed Diffusers + etc
all as xmas pressies for friends too - tho' only 1 friend gets an extra USB Small Ultrasonic Diffuser too)

Oh - just remembered a very very old Spa-related EO Incident years ago
The Spa Therapist had rubbed some Orangey Citrus Oil lightly on my shoulder arms before starting me on a Heat-Hydro Program [for the fragrance bah]
Some minutes later I realised there was a 'burning sensation' and quickly went out for help - she didn't use Carrier Oil to dilute the EO ..sighzzzz
The Spa Manager gave me complimentary premium treatments in compensation there

Last edited:

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks cute.
in fact,too cute for me :s13:

any recommendation for EO for cars or house?
all non electric

is fragrance oil the same as EO?

Fragrance oil is not EO. They are synthetic products. Although sometimes a bit of natural ingredients are added.

They do not possess any healing properties. But they are created to leave a longer lasting scent.

Sorry... misread earlier. Tot you are asking abt diffusers for cars.

A lot of EOs are suitable for both homes and cars depending on your requirements.

A lot of ppl like to use lavender in cars. For me, i wun use purely lavender in car coz I scare it may get too relaxing for the driver. I prefer to do a blend of Lavender, lemon and peppermint. Else, like wat I shown in the diy diffuser above, i use tea tree, eucalyptus and peppermint. The scent is more uplifting and it has antiviral and insect repellent properties

At home for my dad's room, i will diffuse lung strengthening oils or respiratory oils as he has pulmonary fibrosis.

Last edited:

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'd rather let the masseuse massage my body bah
- Friday's appt confirmed too

(tho' I did buy some Ginger Oil for lymphatic massages + Reed Diffusers + etc
all as xmas pressies for friends too - tho' only 1 friend gets an extra USB Small Ultrasonic Diffuser too)

Oh - just remembered a very very old Spa-related EO Incident years ago
The Spa Therapist had rubbed some Orangey Citrus Oil lightly on my shoulder arms before starting me on a Heat-Hydro Program [for the fragrance bah]
Some minutes later I realised there was a 'burning sensation' and quickly went out for help - she didn't use Carrier Oil to dilute the EO ..sighzzzz
The Spa Manager gave me complimentary premium treatments in compensation there

My goodness, tat is so careless of the masseur. Luckily is it not a hot oil. Some undiluted or insufficiently diluted essential oil can cause 3rd or 2nd degree burns. So have to exercise caution

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My goodness, tat is so careless of the masseur. Luckily is it not a hot oil. Some undiluted or insufficiently diluted essential oil can cause 3rd or 2nd degree burns. So have to exercise caution

That wasn't a massage session or meant as a massage oil

She spread that on me more for a lifting fragrance while undergoing the quite-shiok Heated Hydrotherapy Spa treatment - I was left alone after that

It's a great pampering spa hydro treatment
where you are 'floating' above water but don't feel the wetness
like on a heated Water Bed of sorts
while body 'cocooned' in Black Sea Mud or seaweed etc etc ....
I'd always enjoyed these real spa-hydrotherapy sessions
The hydrotherapy equipment only found in orthodox real spas as such
Not those fake much less authentic 'spa type'

BTW I started using the NOW EOs today
Now got Tangerine - Eucalyptus - Peppermint in the Diffuser

Last edited:

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That wasn't a massage session or meant as a massage oil

She spread that on me more for a lifting fragrance while undergoing the quite-shiok Heated Hydrotherapy Spa treatment - I was left alone after that

It's a great pampering spa hydro treatment
where you are 'floating' above water but don't feel the wetness
like on a heated Water Bed of sorts
while body 'cocooned' in Black Sea Mud or seaweed etc etc ....
I'd always enjoyed these real spa-hydrotherapy sessions
The hydrotherapy equipment only found in orthodox real spas as such
Not those fake much less authentic 'spa type'

Carelessness bah. I scare to try out new facial or spa places as I hv hyper-sensitive skin.

Once my bff dragged me to her atas facial place. Tried out their facial for sensitive skin. In less than 2min, my whole face turned extremely red. The owner and the therapist all got so worried. I stuck on the bed for ice treatment for almost 1hr. Then managed to calm skin. Else, have to go hosp liao

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Next time you try Lemon (1 or 2) + Eucalyptus (3) + Peppermint (2). Tis blend can boost immunity and clears bugs

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next time you try Lemon (1 or 2) + Eucalyptus (3) + Peppermint (2). Tis blend can boost immunity and clears bugs

I didn't buy Lemon leh

But 4th NOW bottle is Citronella [didn't use as don't really fancy the smell but bought for the pests issue]

desiresale

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy Lemon leh

But 4th NOW bottle is Citronella [didn't use as don't really fancy the smell but bought for the pests issue]
Next time when you finish the tangerine lor. Tangerine oso can use as a replacement but not as strong as lemon.

Citronella is good for mosquito repellent but some ppl dun like the strong smell.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carelessness bah. I scare to try out new facial or spa places as I hv hyper-sensitive skin.

Once my bff dragged me to her atas facial place. Tried out their facial for sensitive skin. In less than 2min, my whole face turned extremely red. The owner and the therapist all got so worried. I stuck on the bed for ice treatment for almost 1hr. Then managed to calm skin. Else, have to go hosp liao

Reminds me of my own Instant Red from the harsh AHA Peeling that was quite a rage once upon a time too

In my younger days
I did join a 'politically-correct small women's grp' etc too - networking ??
Was the 'demonstrating model' for an AHA Demo session at 1 of these 'tai-tai' ladies' homes [tho' usual monthly meetings held at a Hotel Function Rm with other non tai-tai professionals too]
This brand was supposed to be VERY Safe for Sensitive Skins too
Think my skin never really properly recovered after that hahaha :s22:
Maybe 3-4 years then I left.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.