Like Tree776Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2018, 12:55 AM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

[POTENTIAL SAGAT]BMW driver go caltex pump petrol pay only $10 for $135 Petrol

UPDATED:21/04/18
https://www.facebook.com/CaltexSinga...47018682022565

https://www.facebook.com/lovemily21/...57309521043538

KELLY'S Initial Post copied here word for word.
Dear Caltex,

I earlier witnessed an incident at Caltex Tampines Ave 8 @2pm on 14 April and it filled me with such indignation that it prompted me to write this to you, hoping that you could help alleviate the financial obligation of your employee and implement appropriate measures to handle the incident as follows.

While processing payment at the Cashier counter, the customer (picture uploaded herewith) and driver of BMW vehicle SLTXXXXG, claimed that your pump attendant had mistakenly refilled a full tank of petrol costing about $135 for his vehicle instead of the $10 petrol that he had instructed at Pump 7. He refused to pay the full amount and insisted to pay only $10 for the full tank.

The pump attendant probably in his early 60s, was subsequently summoned to the Cashier counter to verify. He explained that he had heard that it was a full tank refill but the customer immediately rebutted it. What happened next astonished me. Instead of creating a scene by engaging in an argument with the customer, the elderly pump attendant calmly informed the Cashier to let the customer pay $10 and he would personally absorb the rest of the cost. As a result, the customer walked away smugly paying a mere $10 payment for a full tank of petrol for his BMW Series 5 vehicle.

Whilst I was impressed with the collected composure and professional customer service that both your Cashier and pump attendant had displayed throughout the incident, I am deeply disturbed that the customer had capitalized on the opportunity to make the elderly pump attendant pay for the supposedly oversight. The customer could have responded gentlemanly and be gracious to forgive by paying for the petrol since his vehicle would need to consume it anyway. Alternatively, he could have paid for a partial amount instead of making the elderly pump attendant bear the full $125. Unfortunately, this was not so.

I have done some online research and noticed that the remuneration of a pump attendant averages about $1600/mth in Singapore. $125 means a significant 8% of his meagre salary. Would Caltex consider waiving this amount or allowing the pump attendant to pay at cost?

Also, assuming it was entirely the pump attendant’s oversight, under such circumstances, perhaps the Cashier could have proposed to the customer to pay for a partial amount instead of allowing the elderly pump attendant bear full monetary responsibility?

Alternatively, for proof of evidence, perhaps Caltex can install CCTVs equipped with audio recording of drivers’ instructions to the pump attendants at each pump? What are Caltex’s existing guidelines and policies to handle such situation? I am concerned that if no effective standard operating systems are defined, such practices of having pump attendants to bear the price discrepancies can lead to abuse. Imagine if one uses this approach on each petrol station in Singapore every few days, it is tantamount to one walking away striking lottery frequently and the accumulated value will be very substantial!

If you need more information, please feel free to PM me. You may also get a full account of the story and verify it by asking the Cashier involved and the pump attendant (a dark skinned Chinese uncle whose name is 2 characters and has a Ba or Ka in his name.

Press Links:

https://mothership.sg/2018/04/caltex...ump-attendant/

https://www.facebook.com/CaltexSingapore/

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...0024?cid=fbcna

https://www.facebook.com/shinmindail...type=3&theater

http://www.chinapress.com.my/2018041...8%AD%E6%8B%9B/

http://www.chinapress.com.my/2018041...8%AD%E6%8B%9B/

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...endant-and-bmw

http://johor.chinapress.com.my/20180...C%AF%EF%BC%81/

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singa...276?xtor=CS2-8

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singa...0180416-851261

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...olice-10143384

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ok&xtor=CS1-10

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/bmw...port-sells-car

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singa...552?xtor=CS2-8

CSI:

chronological timeline of events:

14/04/2018
Ms kelly Posted her account of what happened at Tampines Ave 8 Caltex on 14/04/18. Of a dispute between a BMW 520I driver (Mr Freddy Foong) and a pump attendant (Uncle cowboy), Article came to my attention at around 2330H. Thread created 0055H 15/04/18.

15/04/2018
1)Story went Viral online. However driver's identity was not revealed.
2)Car sighted at Blk 157 Jln Teck Whye

16/04/2018
0600H - 1100H:
1) Driver's identity final revealed to be Mr Freddy Foong. Name was initially spread via Whatsapp.
2) Proven that Mr Freddy Foong was confirm the owner of the BMW.

This pic was taken from some where else.
3)car was still at blk 157 JlnTeck Whye, subsequently drove to APEX at 10 Buroh St(APEX) and then to Platinum motoring at BLK 53 UBI AVENUE 1.(Do note a stone's throw away from Mr Foong's office)

1100H - 2359H:
1) news media reported the incident. Also reported that Mr Foong had lodged a police report on Sunday.

2)Police issued statement that they verified that car was being sold and Mr Foong did not require additional fuel .Thus debunking he was out to scam the Petrol kiosk.

3)Car listed for sale at SG carmart.
http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/i...731289&DL=3160

17/04/2018 - current
1) Uncle cowboy broke silence. Asked public to not crucify Mr Foong and give him Chance. Mr Foong did not at anytime admit that it was his mistake.
2) Mr Freddy Foong told his side of the story via police report. Also said Uncle Cowboy was very rude to him.
3) Mr Foong also said he had intentions to sue Ms kelly for defamation. Not known if Mr Foong will take action against people that exposed his personal details.

Things to note for timing of police report:
1)Sunday from 0055H till 2359H no one online on both EDMW and FB had ascertained his identity. Thus it's highly unlikely anyone will be harassing him on Sunday.
2)Presuming someone did harass Mr Foong, it makes absolutely no sense for him not to disable his social media accounts to limit the damage.
3)Mr Foong's social media accounts was only disabled on Monday morning upon being posted on EDMW.

Linklin Profile page disabled after only ONE MINUTE of posting. This confirms that Mr Foong is indeed monitoring this thread.

Things to note for conflicting reports between public account and police report.
1)From Caltex employees, Mr Foong said he borrowed the car and was returning the car. So he top up the amount he used.

But on the police report, it was stated that he had in fact intended to trade in his car at APEX Automotive which have a branch in Jurong. ( actual address on SG CAR MART is 10 Buroh Street #02-20 West Connect Building )

Car traded in on Saturday story inconsistencies and doubts based on Mr Foong's story and police report

1) Mr Foong's intention was to pump $10 worth of petrol so he can last till APEX Automotive's dealership at 10 Buroh Street. which the appointment is set at 3.30pm. No black and white documents provided, no CCTV footage and independent witness sightings of the car in the building.

Zero indication that car was being traded and transacted that day. And it also doesn't make any sense for someone to just drop their cars at a dealership without transferring ownership for the purpose of trading in the car. Too many liabilities and risk for the car owner to bare. Even if there were no transactions that day, he would had signed some documents to cover himself (can be backdated though)

2) Car was apparently traded in at APEX Jln buroh, but it was then sighted at Blk 157 Jln Teck Whye parking illegally at the dustbin area.

And this will have the question of why would the dealership drive the car for personal use when the traded in car is slated for sale. Risking potential damages to the car and other variables such as summons. Is the dealership so unprofessional?

3) car was then subsequently Driven to 10 Buroh St (APEX) and then to UBI ( Platinium motoring)

4) Car was subsequently put on sale on Monday afternoon..

Observations and comments.
With all information laid out. It's clear that with Mr Freddy's account of events, He had every other chance to totally debunk all the online speculation and accusations of him trying to cheat Caltex had he provided evidence of the car being sold on Saturday afternoon.

yet he had nothing to show.

He made a police report on Sunday citing harassment and general fear when no one had know who he is, where he stay, his phone and social media accounts.

If he was really harassed on Sunday why leave it till Monday morning at 7am to disable it all after his name finally was revealed?
This itself already made no sense whatsoever and raised more doubts as of his true motive.

Even with the police making a statement that they verified he was selling his car, to what depth did the police verify the information? Do note that till now He and the dealer had not produced a single shred of hard and un-refutable evidence that the car was indeed transacted on Saturday.

Misconception that police investigated to verify Freddy is innocent.
Freddy Foong Lodged a police report on Sunday 15/04/18. Citing Harassment.
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ok&xtor=CS1-10

In his police report, in the 2nd page, he explained what was his original intentions and final words are that he hopes the report will clear his name and also protect his family.

Now, for police reports, as he was filing a harassment report against someone ( or in this case everyone on the internet? ). Police will investigate the harassment (if there are grounds for an investigation that is)

People seems to assume the police will verify Freddy's account to be accurate(sell car on Saturday). However the police report shown to media was just an add on statement to the report.

Police do not verify the facts on the statement of the person lodging the report first nor help Freddy verify and clear his name. They only investigate if there are crimes committed. You go lodge police report does the police investigate you first to make sure you are telling the truth then go investigate the case?

Freddy will not be able to file a police report for people falsely accusing him because that is a civil suit. Police will thell him to go fly kite...

So when the press asked the police, police said they verified as in verified with Freddy the facts he stated in the report. Police have no reason to go investigate how accurate Freddy's report is unless someone lodge another report against Freddy to dispute what he said.

Alleged online harassment and cyber bullying by Freddy
A facebook user named Willie kok Heng Hua had said on her FB post that She was apparently Harassed by Freddy online. She was the other person who posted Kelly's full account word by word on her Facebook which garnered many shares.

Apparently Mr Freddy Foong blocked her using his original account, then used a fake FB account (Sky Sun) to harass her.

When she revealed to the person behind the fake account that he was exposed to be Freddy as she had a means to track his IP address via a friend, The said person immediately blocked here again.

This incident may had taken place on Sunday in one of the Facebook articles both replying to each other in the comments section. s Freddy's FB account was only disabled on Monday morning.

Screen shots below:

Final Summary.
This incident if it was a genuine miscommunication will not had blown out of such cataclysmic proportion had Mr freddy Foong produce actual hard evidence of his true intentions on Sunday.

instead by hiding and waiting until his identity was revealed, he had ultimately failed to prevent his reputation to be dumped into the cesspool.

(21/04/18)
Based on the new information that points to Freddy apparently cyber bullying or harassing another Facebook user for sharing Kelly's post, it questions Mr Freddy's character and integrity and ultimately cast even more doubt and shadow over his side of the story.

Self correction on some facts:
AS i had said many things in the thread would like to clarify and correct some things i had got it wrong.

1) Car ownership details on insurance in this case is not a valid argument point. He could just produce LTA letter and send it to insurer to backdate the refund.

2) Fuel gauge on cars varies from model. The initial post i made that most cars fuel gauge will drop one bar after 100 -1 50km is not entirely accurate. it's too generalized of a statement.

However the fuel gauge for the BMW 520I behaves this way, because i had personally drove a similar model before and i know.

Will update this page once additional information comes in.

Last edited by eclipsemints; 21-04-2018 at 12:06 PM..
eclipsemints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 12:57 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

what's his edmw nick?
orpisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 12:57 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nnb.. got money buy bm.. no money buy petrol..

Why all bm drivers so cb one.. on the road and everywhere..
CPL_Raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

Hope this driver tio sexposed deep deep
Old 15-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nnb.. got money buy bm.. no money buy petrol..

Why all bm drivers so cb one.. on the road and everywhere..
This one is Cb one a whole new level lor.
WarCloud7 likes this.
eclipsemints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 12:59 AM   #6
Greater Supremacy Member

https://www.facebook.com/CaltexSinga...tion&ref=notif

Dear Caltex,

I earlier witnessed an incident at Caltex Tampines Ave 8 @2pm on 14 April and it filled me with such indignation that it prompted me to write this to you, hoping that you could help alleviate the financial obligation of your employee and implement appropriate measures to handle the incident as follows.

While processing payment at the Cashier counter, the customer (picture uploaded herewith) and driver of BMW vehicle SLT6883G, claimed that your pump attendant had mistakenly refilled a full tank of petrol costing about $135 for his vehicle instead of the $10 petrol that he had instructed. He refused to pay the full amount and insisted to pay only $10 for the full tank.

The pump attendant probably in his early 60s, was subsequently summoned to the Cashier counter to verify. He explained that he had heard that it was a full tank refill but the customer immediately rebutted it. What happened next astonished me. Instead of creating a scene by engaging in an argument with the customer, the elderly pump attendant calmly informed the Cashier to let the customer pay $10 and he would personally absorb the rest of the cost. As a result, the customer walked away smugly paying a mere $10 payment for a full tank of petrol for his BMW Series 5 vehicle.

Whilst I was impressed with the collected composure and professional customer service that both your Cashier and pump attendant had displayed throughout the incident, I am deeply disturbed that the customer had capitalized on the opportunity to make the elderly pump attendant pay for the supposedly oversight. The customer could have responded gentlemanly and be gracious to forgive by paying for the petrol since his vehicle would need to consume it anyway. Alternatively, he could have paid for a partial amount instead of making the elderly pump attendant bear the full $125. Unfortunately, this was not so.

I have done some online research and noticed that the remuneration of a pump attendant averages about $1600/mth in Singapore. $125 means a significant 8% of his meagre salary. Would Caltex consider waiving this amount or allowing the pump attendant to pay at cost?

Also, assuming it was entirely the pump attendant’s oversight, under such circumstances, perhaps the Cashier could have proposed to the customer to pay for a partial amount instead of allowing the elderly pump attendant bear full monetary responsibility?

Alternatively, for proof of evidence, perhaps Caltex can install CCTVs equipped with audio recording of drivers’ instructions to the pump attendants at each pump? What are Caltex’s existing guidelines and policies to handle such situation? I am concerned that if no effective standard operating systems are defined, such practices of having pump attendants to bear the price discrepancies can lead to abuse. Imagine if one uses this approach on each petrol station in Singapore every few days, it is tantamount to one walking away striking lottery frequently and the accumulated value will be very substantial!

The TLDR version: Man go caltex, tell pump attendant pump full tank for BMW. Go in cashier say only want to pump $10. Accuse pump attendant hear wrongly. End up only pay $10 out of $135 for the petrol...

The balance the elderly pump attendant absorb.
He dunno do how many times liao, 10 bucks of fuel can drive how long?

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT
ORELLE, frank131, i3z... and 1 others like this.
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:02 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

Disgusting idiot. Based on my calculation is ron 98 fuel 60 litres since bmw 5 series is 70l tank capacity so a ron 95 at $135 is not possible with cash.

By the way he looks like a tiong.
New Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:02 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

who pumps $10 petrol? knn, cheater...
likevegetable likes this.
savoirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:02 AM   #9
Banned

BMW driver = asshole

It's open knowledge
Darkraid likes this.
fatbastardx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:03 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

In before saga dies down in 3 days
likevegetable likes this.
4_dreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

confirm is he bm owner guai lan. $10 of petrol not even enough for his bm 5 series to drive up plaza sing carpark and come down la knn.
lengbebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

Edmw CSI team time to work

Sent from Nokia 8210 using GAGT
P R N D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #13
Master Member

Pump $10 petrol on a BMW? Want to bluff who sia
ashketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

Drive BMW but so disgusting, Wah Kaox
One Piece likes this.
Chris008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 01:06 AM   #15

Cheapo driving an old model bmw with renewed COE.

I have a feeling this is not the first time he does this.
One Piece likes this.
lindasnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.