[PSA] Please post responsibly to avoid misleading others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please define credible source. Is it only those from 154 har :o :o

Be discerning of sources regardless of where they are from

And definitely take with a pinch of salt “advice”/“news” from smart alecs in this forum, especially those who likes to make sweeping statement

If you let them guide you, it’s akin to getting your pet dog’s advice on how to fix your wifi =:p

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Yes this should be the right way. Also ban those who quote from Wikipedia :s22:
And Sun bian ban those always start thread dragon phoenix but NO picture

Last edited:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Could you kindly point me in the right direction? I might not have come across it - A thread link or post link or user in question would help.

One of the key differences might be importance of the subject matter at hand along with whether something said is an opinion versus spreading false information.

This is just my preliminary input.

Thanks.

Why is replaced talent not banned for the allegations as serious as latest announcement?

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod/admin, please put up new sticky advising EDMWers to stop posting and bumping threads made by that siao lang online troll using multiple clone accounts.

Ignore the troll, and he/she will stop.

Don't understand why some EDMWers bump the thread and quote the troll some more. :s22:

I thought about creating PSA thread ask ppl not to quote, bump thread. But then I worry that brings even more attention to the troll. So posting on this sticky thread for mod/admin to take appropriate action.

ReyPalpatine

Reaction score
Could you kindly point me in the right direction? I might not have come across it - A thread link or post link or user in question would help.

One of the key differences might be importance of the subject matter at hand along with whether something said is an opinion versus spreading false information.

This is just my preliminary input.

Thanks.

I cannot find the thread another moderator might have taken action but he said he a certain army camp had Wuhan virus Attack according to his wife at MOH.

But he is not banned. Could u please clarify with your team

ReyPalpatine

Reaction score
View PostReplaced Talent wrote:
Alert: do avoid Hendon Camp; understand that there's first case of *suspected* Wuhan pneumonia reported from here this morning

Morning All, some important information from my wife working in National Centre for infectious Diseases (NCID) at TTSH.

Please avoid to go TTSH or KKH (below 16 years old)

If ever need to see dr in hospital, please do opt for NUH or Private hospital. They’ll be sending China/Wuhan Patients to this 2 Hospital. If possible, wear mask at all times.

Please take care and stay safe.

Managed to find a quote of it. Thread is closed and deleted. However user is not banned

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
View PostReplaced Talent wrote:
Alert: do avoid Hendon Camp; understand that there's first case of *suspected* Wuhan pneumonia reported from here this morning

Morning All, some important information from my wife working in National Centre for infectious Diseases (NCID) at TTSH.

Please avoid to go TTSH or KKH (below 16 years old)

If ever need to see dr in hospital, please do opt for NUH or Private hospital. They’ll be sending China/Wuhan Patients to this 2 Hospital. If possible, wear mask at all times.

Please take care and stay safe.

Managed to find a quote of it. Thread is closed and deleted. However user is not banned

To supplement his post....

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/124760994-post9246.html

People who post insensitive things like that should not be allowed to remain in this forum

Last edited:

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As titled and I believe this is quite self explanatory in the face of what's happening in the world right now.

Spreading inaccurate or false information is incredibly irresponsible.

You will not only go against HWZ and SPH rules, but that of the Singapore law.

Be responsible or face the consequences.

Thank you.

How about registering all current and future users of forum by their NRIC? I support...

Reaction score
I suggest all registered user must have their passport photo as avatar, make this a compulsory requirement else cannot register.:s22:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Account ban is the only outcome from our end.

What the authorities can and will do, that's up to the court to decide, so we can't exactly dictate that, but yes, up to the maximum punishments set aside for contravening such laws is possible.

only result in ban???? :s11::s8:

nvr fall foul to the PROTECTION FROM ONLINE FALSEHOODS
AND MANIPULATION ACT 2019 ???

no police follow up since fake news can caused panic unnecessary :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.