[RANT] Beware of Fanco Ceiling fan!

jiakzua

Master Member
Reaction score
I used to have a KDK standing fan :s13: durable until I hope it faster spoil so I can change new one. After many years of usage still good as new other than plastic fading colour coz I put near window

Heng ar! Moi use KDK ceiling fan :s13:

But also up lorry in less than 3 years. Can’t control the fan speed, always stuck at speed Huan. :s22::s22: fugged

But The KDK standing fan jin durable, fan cover rusty riao, almost 9 years still powerful :D heng Ar!!

slumkia

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng moi use pignic lantern at home
Use d size battery only and can carry everlee where I goes in moi house

Gonjeng

Master Member
Reaction score
I also use FANCO ceiling fan but i choose model that use led light bulbs.
So that in the even spoilt, very easy to change.
No need to kpkb like TS.

KouAnKyuuKa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Encountered a bad experience here and trying to raise awareness..

The ceiling fan i'm using is Fanco Aroma 54

Please think twice if u wanna buy Fanco Aroma 54 ceiling fans.

Their ceiling fan led lights are customized to their own type of plugs, if your LED light spoil you won't be able to DIY and change yourself!!

You will have to use their service if you want to to get the LED lighting replaced! Only they have the correct LED lighting and panel available.

You will have 2 options:
1. Lan lan suck thumb bring the stupid LED panel to their office for repair

or

2. lan lan suck thumb call them, make an appointment, and then get their people down to your house for repair. Calling their people down will cost you $25 for transport fee, $15 for labour fee, total $40 for servicing, LED panel lighting itself cost $40

Total cost$80!!! just to change their stupid LED panel which is a basic necessity in life(lighting)!!

The LED panel at my local DIY store sell the same type of LED panel @ $35 only!!! DIY change yourself..

You are locked down to their service forever like how Apple lock down iPhone users!!

Careful!! really blood sucking company, beware and avoid!!!

EDIT:
Their website does not sell just the LED panel, you can only "service" your panel

here are some of their rates:

afm4k2H.jpg

Buy torchlight lah. Cheaper right? Then no need to pay $80 :s13:

darkfuryex

Reaction score
Theres those plastic connectors with metal inside.. can screw it down so as to tighten it.

item_XL_7557028_6215634.jpg

hey bro mind guiding how to cut the default cable to attach the ends to the common wire clip? that's what the store uncle advise me to do..but i've got totally no experience in this so any help would be greatly appreciated... :(

is it something like this:
1. use wire cutter cut away the default 2 white plug
2. expose the copper wire
3. connect to clip

this is how my ceiling fan connection looks like btw
IMG-6182.jpg

this is the how the driver connection looks like, the ceiling fan connects to the driver which powers the LED
IMG-6183.jpg

Gonjeng

Master Member
Reaction score
Want to do DIY.
But dont know cut like wires.
TS is pathetic.
Not your service support center.

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same problem .

My remote control totally failed in the second month.

I didn't send in the warranty card. So it's my fault.

Went to Taobao, bought the similar remote control module for $50. Installed it myself.

my fan controller and RF remote also changed myself. total cost less than $30. The RF remote quality was not good so i had to buy and resolder the buttons myself :s13:

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
ts. look like your LED is 3 tone kind. cannot find replacement here.
the link i give you only got 1 tone. but better than light

darkfuryex

Reaction score
ts. look like your LED is 3 tone kind. cannot find replacement here.
the link i give you only got 1 tone. but better than light

i dont mind 1 tone, the problem now is the connector itself is plug type which is the default plug when fanco installed the fan...im afraid if i cut the wire to expose copper wire, instead of copper wire coming out, some weird patented wire technology that fanco has came out then lagi worst..need to ask them come repair...

any one got experience cutting fanco "plugs" before to expose the copper wire?

ProofOfSai

Reaction score
i dont mind 1 tone, the problem now is the connector itself is plug type which is the default plug when fanco installed the fan...im afraid if i cut the wire to expose copper wire, instead of copper wire coming out, some weird patented wire technology that fanco has came out then lagi worst..need to ask them come repair...

Trip your MCB first and use a test pen to double check both live & neutral wire. Once incoming is terminated, Should be easy from there riao. Cut, connect & tape if necessary. :s22:

Don’t trip MCB also can but since chiu blur, safer to terminate incoming.

Last edited:

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score

no such thing. just cut the connector taobao led and driver got give you a clip to connect the wire.

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
TS, to be honest, if you can't even do a simple stripping of wire and reterminate it. then just hire people to do it.
if you stay punggol maybe i can help

darkfuryex

Reaction score
the other cable on right side is connected to what?

right side is another black connctor to connect to the LED light, the plug type is those kind our inside our computer tower is using...like GPU power connector

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.