LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2018, 07:56 AM   #166
Master Member

Another day another toxic arrogant gongkia
o blong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 08:23 AM   #167

hire top lawyer bao jiak meh?

confirm win arh?
I heard there is a young lawyer from D&N who is extremely good in presenting arguments but your pockets must be deep deep to accept their charges to stand a good chance.
gilcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #168
Master Member

the fact that the miscommunication happened is prove enough that the message wasn’t communicated properly.

I am curious :

What were the exact words he said to the petrol station attendant?

Were you personally there to hear what he said to the petrol station attendant?

If you were not there, who did you hear from and how did you establish it was a fact and not just a one-sided story from one party or just hear-say you read from internet or newspapers?

ps. Just in case kum gong kias misinterpret that I am taking any side, I hereby declare that I am merely trying to establish the "facts".
hwbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 08:40 AM   #169

tbh his story alot of loopholes. first top finish then park dif places at hdb estate then suddenly go sell after this sagat exploded. so now what? run road n hide.
he nust be finding a way to hide it, get new car w carplate i bet.
superhero41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:05 AM   #170
Arch-Supremacy Member

Talking

it is obvious from the facts that he communicated the message poorly, and it is his responsibility to do so clearly as he made a “special order”. so yes, he must pay. i see him as a big bully.
I am curious :

What were the exact words he said to the petrol station attendant?

Were you personally there to hear what he said to the petrol station attendant?

If you were not there, who did you hear from and how did you establish it was a fact and not just a one-sided story from one party or just hear-say you read from internet or newspapers?

ps. Just in case kum gong kias misinterpret that I am taking any side, I hereby declare that I am merely trying to establish the "facts".
the fact that the miscommunication happened is prove enough that the message wasn’t communicated properly.
Communication 101 tells us that good communication is the responsibility of both the sender and the receiver.

This is because a miscommunication can still happen when you say something correctly and clearly in English/Mandarin or any language for the matter but the other party misheard or misinterpret it due to various reasons (such as his/her personal bias or poor command of the language or not concentrating or lack of relevant knowledge, making assumption based on his/her experience with other people, diminished hearing ability due to old age etc.).

So if the BMW driver had said it clearly and unambiguously that he wanted to pump only $10 and the petrol station attendant didn't hear it correctly but, for various reasons, assume that it was "pump full tank", then based on your reasoning, it is the fault of the BMW driver? Hahahaha.

ps. In case kum gong kias misinterpret that I am saying that the BMW driver had said "to pump $10" clearly and/or was not at fault, I hereby declare that I am merely making a point that it is kum gong to jump to the conclusion that it is the fault of the sender when a miscommunication occurs.

Last edited by BHills; 17-04-2018 at 09:08 AM..
BHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #171
GBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

U need to have case right , equity partner in the big 3 is already 1 m a year for your info
U can try seek Singapore top 3 legal firm and ask for thier cost and u will understand 1.5 to 2 k is below thier costing
And what he said is true I know of a law firm if u want engage them pay 500 k first for civil litigation.
Civil case is only for the rich , not for comoner
Stop being canon fairy can or not. I deal with a lot of the bigger law firms in Singapore. Generally their rates are Associates/Snr Associates $300 to $500 per hour range, partners $600 to $800 per hour range. You only ask for Snr Counsel if the case is complex. Btw interns don't get paid working in law firms.
GBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #172

Communication 101 tells us that good communication is the responsibility of both the sender and the receiver.

This is because a miscommunication can still happen when you say something correctly and clearly in English/Mandarin or any language for the matter but the other party misheard or misinterpret it due to various reasons (such as his/her personal bias or poor command of the language or not concentrating or lack of relevant knowledge, making assumption based on his/her experience with other people, diminished hearing ability due to old age etc.).

So if the BMW driver had said it clearly and unambiguously that he wanted to pump only $10 and the petrol station attendant didn't hear it correctly but, for various reasons, assume that it was "pump full tank", then based on your reasoning, it is the fault of the BMW driver? Hahahaha.

ps. In case kum gong kias misinterpret that I am saying that the BMW driver had said "to pump $10" clearly and/or was not at fault, I hereby declare that I am merely making a point that it is kum gong to jump to the conclusion that it is the fault of the sender when a miscommunication occurs.
I drive Grab daily to meet daily expenses so don't always have much cash on hand or cash in bank. I also have a recent similar experience at Shell Alexandra station. I told the elderly pump attendant in Mandarin twice to pump $30 then I head straight to toilet before I went into the cashier counter. Then the bill was $65 and I was shocked. I told the cashier I only wanted $30 and explained that it would be a problem if I did not have enough money to pay. Fortunately I had slightly more than that in my bank and just pay and move on though I was upset. Now I pump petrol myself.
Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #173
Master Member

I drive Grab daily to meet daily expenses so don't always have much cash on hand or cash in bank. I also have a recent similar experience at Shell Alexandra station. I told the elderly pump attendant in Mandarin twice to pump $30 then I head straight to toilet before I went into the cashier counter. Then the bill was $65 and I was shocked. I told the cashier I only wanted $30 and explained that it would be a problem if I did not have enough money to pay. Fortunately I had slightly more than that in my bank and just pay and move on though I was upset. Now I pump petrol myself.
He pump 30 litres liao
AcIenTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:23 AM   #174

He pump 30 litres liao
I know right, though I don't suppose many people would say pump 30 litres instead of saying pump 30 dollars. And I don't even know how to say litres in Chinese.
Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:37 AM   #175
Arch-Supremacy Member

Already said. Just look at his fark face, he got no money to even consult a lawyer, let alone sue for defamation

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #176
Master Member

Sinkie pawn sinkie culture

Ite
dungeon_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #177

Even petrol $$$ also want to chut stunt to save

Want to spend $$$ on lawyer?

Yep rite

flyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #178
GBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

This guy can engage the services of pro Bono lawyers. Free and can sue ppl
Don't think he's "poor" enough to qualify for pro bono lawyers..
GBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #179
Arch-Supremacy Member

SCARED HE DUN SUE NIA!!!
linbeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 10:11 AM   #180
High Supremacy Member

Biggest winner : lawyer
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.