HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Canberra: Is it the new ghost town of Singapore?

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #136
High Supremacy Member

Oh, come 2019 all the best to NSL stations after Yishun... nowadays go work I go Sembawang take train already so packed. Next time got Canberra with all the new residents, don’t know how Yishun Siaolangs and AMK peepur gonna board. Last time I stay YCK already have to wait 2-3 trains during rush hour.
Franzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #137
Great Supremacy Member

Can don’t reveal? Cos moi scare tio expose I always read Edmw while waiting for 883 de...

Yeah I love it now cos not much people esp at night, so peaceful and quiet. I blast my surround sound watch saving private Ryan at night also no need scare cos no neighbours yet. Go eat or shop also no need wait.

But ED construction damn dusty la, my house exterior freaking dirty due to rain and dust. And HDB quality now damn jialat, I move in 3 months only got so many hairline crack on my wall and ceiling. I think next year first year anniversary will ask contractor to come in patch and paint everything one shot. Sian.
sho many slumbawang residents

yesh ish true.
at night can whack speakers loud loud cos bo lang
watch walking dead hear people scream loud loud
RadEoNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #138
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tell me which NEW estate last time wasn't a forest???
You know Orchard & Bishan last time is cemetery?
I went to some places in areas like dover, woodlands, telok blangah, they really do have a forest nearby, sometimes can even see monkeys running across the road.

But no one mention slum leh.
drkcynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #139
Master Member

If only I can stay there now instead of slumbawang. I will just tahan lack of mrt till it builds. As Long I can stay near mrt can liao

Currently stay 15 mins away from mrt
Notbbfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #140
Supremacy Member

slum霸王, slumberra!

honghongz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #141
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it the Car name porche cranberry?

Laoyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #142
High Supremacy Member

If only I can stay there now instead of slumbawang. I will just tahan lack of mrt till it builds. As Long I can stay near mrt can liao

Currently stay 15 mins away from mrt
An mrt line that is prone to fail...
Old 23-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #143
High Supremacy Member

An mrt line that is prone to fail...
Exactly, forget abt NS line, go for Thomson Line, new & soomth like NE-like.
matrix05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #144
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can don’t reveal? Cos moi scare tio expose I always read Edmw while waiting for 883 de...

Yeah I love it now cos not much people esp at night, so peaceful and quiet. I blast my surround sound watch saving private Ryan at night also no need scare cos no neighbours yet. Go eat or shop also no need wait.

But ED construction damn dusty la, my house exterior freaking dirty due to rain and dust. And HDB quality now damn jialat, I move in 3 months only got so many hairline crack on my wall and ceiling. I think next year first year anniversary will ask contractor to come in patch and paint everything one shot. Sian.
That's the bad thing about having construction site nearby. I am also affected by the dust from east delta.

Now people say is a ghost town, 2 years later will be very different. MRT will be up by then making public transport very convenient. Road connecting to yishun ave 8 will also be up in 2 years time so drivers can bypass the yishun town to get to expressway. The town just need more eateries.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #145
High Supremacy Member

Oh, come 2019 all the best to NSL stations after Yishun... nowadays go work I go Sembawang take train already so packed. Next time got Canberra with all the new residents, don’t know how Yishun Siaolangs and AMK peepur gonna board. Last time I stay YCK already have to wait 2-3 trains during rush hour.
The long term plan is for TEL to provide alternative travel options parallel to the NSL....
70niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #146

That's the bad thing about having construction site nearby. I am also affected by the dust from east delta.

Now people say is a ghost town, 2 years later will be very different. MRT will be up by then making public transport very convenient. Road connecting to yishun ave 8 will also be up in 2 years time so drivers can bypass the yishun town to get to expressway. The town just need more eateries.
Is East Delta the final project in the Canberra area?
Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #147
Arch-Supremacy Member

the future is ??? maybe the dev might be on hold due to financial reasons or whatever no one knows. But those who bought it currently sure jialat cos staying in ghost town.

But moi only take one bus, moi where got know anything. Wait the residents lip lai complain....

That surrounding area look like Johor though. Lots of forest and not very developed
Very narrow vision. Few years back punggol exactly same as what you mentioned about canberra. Now? Lol.
kl39717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #148
High Supremacy Member

Is East Delta the final project in the Canberra area?
No. The empty plots parallel to the mrt lines are earmarked for HDB. You can see it in the URA master plan and news reports. They already start building the road for that area, in fact finishing liao...
Old 23-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #149
High Supremacy Member

The forested area, called Simpang, is where the new Ave 8 is being built. It is going to run parallel to Ave 2 and we all know how congested that road is.

Once the road construction is completed, you can jolly well bet more HDB gonna pop up. In fact, Simpang township has been on the cards since 1980s, and its about the size of Punggol.
Old 23-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #150
Supremacy Member

There is a Canberra in Singapore??
MadeInAnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.