Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
question to those that earn,

u buy 250k (4 room), u sell at 350K (best case)

U buy a resale hdb 3 room (360K) (nice renovated(Best case)) 1 street away from a MRT

does this consider earn?

i dun tink any new estate right now can truely earn, unless u buy 250k and sell for 500k and ur next property u buy @ 400K, fully renovated and better amenities in the vicinity

Last edited:

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U buy a resale hdb 3 room (360K) (nice renovated(Best case)) 1 street away from a MRT

does this consider earn?

i dun tink any new estate right now can truely earn, unless u buy 250k and sell for 500k and ur next property u buy @ 400K, fully renovated and better amenities in the vicinity
Sell expensive, buy expensive.

Vulpix

Reaction score

does this consider earn?

Heng I buy is to stay. :s22: Cheap flat near MRT good enough for me, I dunno how to exploit property market.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My plan is after MOP, to take my time to bid for new BTO as 2nd timer at central areas... :o:o

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sheng siong supermarket coming soon. 2nd place to get groceries within 5mins walking distance from my place. My parents place need to walk more than 10mins to buy groceries, Canberra where got ulu?

Huh, where are they opening?

Should be the commercial space near the rental flats. Forgot what block liao.

Blk 105......

That means Sheng Siong supermarket will be in the same block as Eastbrook foodcourt (Blk 105).

Eastbrook is really convenient for those who do not require to travel much. Eg. Retiree, housewife, online business, etc. This estate is the furthest from Canberra MRT.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng I buy is to stay. :s22: Cheap flat near MRT good enough for me, I dunno how to exploit property market.

Yes cheap flat with MRT Station at doorstep is hard to find! :s13:

Have a roof over your head first is the most important. Got extra money then punt investments or second property.

My plan is after MOP, to take my time to bid for new BTO as 2nd timer at central areas... :o:o

Even if you profited from the sale of your first BTO. Be prepared to fork out extra money to purchase second BTO in matured estates. 4-Room BTO flat smelly smelly S$500-600K. :D

My view is unless you are upgrading or downgrading flat size if not do it right the first time. Meaning if the original idea is to stay matured area then go for it even though it might be more expensive. Moving house is damn headache plus waste stamp duty fees and resale levy. Most importantly damn time consuming!

Last edited:

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That means Sheng Siong supermarket will be in the same block as Eastbrook foodcourt (Blk 105).

Eastbrook is really convenient for those who do not require to travel much. Eg. Retiree, housewife, online business, etc. This estate is the furthest from Canberra MRT.
I think having a contained commercial space in the area is also to provide employment to the residents who live in the rental flats.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Have a roof over your head first is the most important. Got extra money then punt investments or second property.

Even if you profited from the sale of your first BTO. Be prepared to fork out extra money to purchase second BTO in matured estates. 4-Room BTO smelly smelly S$500-600K. :D
Agreed on both points.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Even if you profited from the sale of your first BTO. Be prepared to fork out extra money to purchase second BTO in matured estates. 4-Room BTO smelly smelly S$500-600K. :D
Yeah next time sure exp but by then my career will stabilised already. With a flat under my name, I can slowly bid my time and not be as desperate like before when it’s comes to balloting. Hope can secure good location then. 4 room also ok.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think having a contained commercial space in the area is also to provide employment to the residents who live in the rental flats.

Yes can bid for the food stalls to tan jiak. But I am only afraid those new foodcourt the rental surely more expensive because aircon mah! :s13: Those on the ground please update here.

Agreed on both points.

:D

Yeah next time sure exp but by then my career will stabilised already. With a flat under my name, I can slowly bid my time and not be as desperate like before when it’s comes to balloting. Hope can secure good location then. 4 room also ok.

Wish you all the best. :)

seewsimisee

Reaction score
the food in canberra more ex than anywhere else

think we carrot head.boycott liao.Now i just buy from the coffeeshop across yishun mrt omw back home

Blue_donkey

Reaction score

U can but after 99 lease up???.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the food in canberra more ex than anywhere else

think we carrot head.boycott liao. Now i just buy from the coffeeshop across yishun mrt omw back home

Food Paradise coffeshop price is not cheap. The cai png and drinks were only cheap during opening promo. :s13:

Sembawang MRT Station S$2.00 chicken rice also can but small portion hahaha.

When more coffee shops operate, price will drop.

Hard to say as not too many coffeshops around Canberra on the whole.

Heng still got Sheng Siong supermarket for those who prefer to cook. :D

Last edited:

mojojo

Master Member
Reaction score
My colleague bot the ec the visionaire which is besides Canberra mrt for abt 700k..he told me 10 years later after it got privatised, he intends to sell for abt $1m..

doremo1981

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bot resales. My seller sell his 3rm hougang flat near hg mrt to me and got 2rm bto at canberra as singles scheme lol

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.