Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra is not that undeveloped. Have you even been there?

They have basic amenities which is enough considering about 50+% of the HDB flats there aren't even ready.

Also, if you wait till it's developed, the price will shoot up so yes, it's like investing in stocks.

The residents knew what they were getting into when they BTO'd there and in about 2-5 years, it won't be a ghost town anymore so what's the problem?

You think AMK, Bishan, TPY all what? Everything created in a workshop, then they throw it into the piece of land? You think the early residents didn't have to wait for their amenities to be developed when towns in AMK/Bishan/TPY were first built?

So yes, you all are short sighted as ****.

If you all rich, you wouldn't even bother with HDBs lah :s13:
Northpoint and sunplaza is just a station away.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Canberra is not that undeveloped. Have you even been there?

They have basic amenities which is enough considering about 50+% of the HDB flats there aren't even ready.

Also, if you wait till it's developed, the price will shoot up so yes, it's like investing in stocks.

The residents knew what they were getting into when they BTO'd there and in about 2-5 years, it won't be a ghost town anymore so what's the problem?

You think AMK, Bishan, TPY all what? Everything created in a workshop, then they throw it into the piece of land? You think the early residents didn't have to wait for their amenities to be developed when towns in AMK/Bishan/TPY were first built?

So yes, you all are short sighted as ****.

If you all rich, you wouldn't even bother with HDBs lah :s13:

I am most likely biased, but just knowing I have Sheng Siong and probably NTUC within walking/cycling distance is making me quite happy that my flat is in Canberra. :s13:

Vanyel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last time 30yrs when i was a kid, Tampines same simi sai also dun have, have to go bedok~

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Early Mover = Cheaper price but amenities lacking.
Late Mover = Higher price but amenities ready.

Take your pick whether you want to have early mover or late mover advantage. :s13:

aceminer

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got choice of a mall that is walking distance vs one that have to take a bus, which would you choose? :s13:
I can walk thr lol. It's not that far.

Sent from Sent From My Phone using GAGT

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra Property Price

Any latest developments from Slumberra? :s13:

Prices transacted in vicinity is almost double of BTO prices according to current valuation once MOP condition is met.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was at a site meeting at canberra

The chicken rice at the food paradise kopitiam near canberra mrt not bad. The breadshop beside the kopitiam also quite nice

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

_death_god

Reaction score
Upcoming Nov BTO launch will feature 310 flats in Canberra that is around 450m (6mins) away from the upcoming Canberra MRT.

I saw some previous post on URA that the field next to EastLawn is reserved for educational purpose but on HDB website it just show a Park there. Any thoughts on that?

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upcoming Nov BTO launch will feature 310 flats in Canberra that is around 450m (6mins) away from the upcoming Canberra MRT.

I saw some previous post on URA that the field next to EastLawn is reserved for educational purpose but on HDB website it just show a Park there. Any thoughts on that?
URA Masterplan is the future planning guide
HDB is using a map which is showing the current structure

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There is a small park there mah. They also mark out another park behind eastbrook which is another small park. I don't see any conflicts.

autumnleaf

Reaction score
The school should be beside the park.
Park in between school and East Lawn

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The distance between the Nov BTO and future Canberra MRT Station is at least 600m and not 450m. :s13:
Exactly sia... to Eastwave already 400m... how can new plot distance only 450m. If take bus from Canberra mrt also is a good 3 bus stops away.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra

Exactly sia... to Eastwave already 400m... how can new plot distance only 450m. If take bus from Canberra mrt also is a good 3 bus stops away.

Any latest developments for Slumberra?

I think in a year's time Canberra MRT station will be open. Property valuation instant bump. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.