Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Campbellsoup

Reaction score
Interesting thread.. my in laws stay there now. Downgraded from sembawang mrt oppo 4 room flat to a new bto 3 room. It's a nice estate and have to agree with some fellow edmwers that it's a quiet and relaxing place. Good for retirement to be honest.

Me and wife had a chance to get a bto there.. out of 1k plus flats (I think it was 2018 or something) we saw the subscription was around 800-900 plus. But decided against it because of the journey from our work locations. Gotta say I didn't regret my choice.. but if I'm retiring and done with hustling Canberra really feels nice

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder will mr Canberra still promote this thread after mop and he sell his house.

I almost every wk visit my cousin, he also complain Canberra is super ulu and mafan. The moment mop up wan to sell liao.

I tink his neighbour also same, he move in 2 yrs liao the unit nxt to him is vacant still

I also dunno since i stay in slumjang

How you know I have a house in Slumbawang? :eek:

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/lis...3-5-sty-semi-d-w-pte-lift-wak-hassan-for-sale

Interesting thread.. my in laws stay there now. Downgraded from sembawang mrt oppo 4 room flat to a new bto 3 room. It's a nice estate and have to agree with some fellow edmwers that it's a quiet and relaxing place. Good for retirement to be honest.

Me and wife had a chance to get a bto there.. out of 1k plus flats (I think it was 2018 or something) we saw the subscription was around 800-900 plus. But decided against it because of the journey from our work locations. Gotta say I didn't regret my choice.. but if I'm retiring and done with hustling Canberra really feels nice

It is a fact that Sembawang is ulu.

Only ideal if you are working in northern region, likes going Johor Bahru, outdoor lover, relatively cheaper property price or a quiet and peaceful environment to reside/retire. :D

Last edited:

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I been staying in Sembawang for more than a year, my family is happy here. I got two supermarkets and two food courts just downstairs from my 270k 4rm, I can walk to the mrt in less than 10 mins or take a bus to northpoint in less than 15. I can jog to the park and see the beach. My block is quiet and clean. Neighbours are friendly.

There is a lot of good food in the area no matter what you like to eat laksa chicken rice grilled seafood western food steamboat hokkien mee burgers pizza white beehoon

There are primary secondary schools within walking distance and Republic poly is a 15 Mon direct bus ride away and nyp a short MRT ride

Bukit Canberra will be completed next year with a polyclinic, gym, nature trail, outdoor and indoor swimming pool. Just a ten minute jog away.

So all you ppl who say yislum or slumberra or slumbawang, you don't know anything

Been to Yishun recently n the ppl I approached v nice. Be it the jiu Hu accent really xdd or local auntie. V friendly n give extra mile to help

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

leeerwin

Reaction score
Moving in to Canberra early next year, just bought a place to stay. Hope I dont regret my decision =P

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is still concrete, should be the last project that still use concrete.

lucky you. im looking at canberra probably in 2 years time. if the ones are plaster wall, will need to soundproof it. :s13::s13::s13:

Reaction score
Cranberra is very near Yishun industrial estate very gd if u worked there..,

Otherwise it’s really ulu

Even Tampines is more accessible to town than cranberra

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cranberra is very near Yishun industrial estate very gd if u worked there..,

Otherwise it’s really ulu

Even Tampines is more accessible to town than cranberra

Walk 5 minutes to mrt and take 30mins train to town, its more accessible than those who stay at amk but not near the mrt Station.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just now jiak the curry poks at blk 105 coffeeshop.. really not bad :(

Went yesterday (Sun) specially to try your Malay stall curry puff recommendation.

Business so good until sold out and have to wait for 1.5hrs for next batch. :vijayadmin:

Service staff also a bit stuck up. I went google reviews and read a few negative feedback on service related issues also.

Oh well forget it.

Moving in to Canberra early next year, just bought a place to stay. Hope I dont regret my decision =P

If you are a peace and quiet lover you will enjoy Canberra.

For now only Blk 105 is the most crowded. When Canberra Plaza opens it may change.

felt that the bus freq very slow

Has always been like that.

Never take bus for damn long, nowadays take mrt.

Canberra MRT station's opening is really much more convenient and time saving.

I literally dashed 50m from link bridge to gantry and onto train. :s13:

On the link bridge there are some shop units. I believe not open for tender yet.

U will never regret. Like holiday resort feel.

Yes indeed. So quiet that you can hear bird chirping from far away. :D

PCN roads are wide and smooth for cycling.

For those who are used to congested and high population density districts you may need some time to adjust to the slower pace and lepak lifestyle in the Canberra part of Sembawang.

Last edited:

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying Canberra is like staying sembawang. But I still rather stay yishun.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.