HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Do chiu feel sad to see old people work in mac and as toilet cleaner?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 02:20 AM   #31
Master Member

Not every old person, their son become doctor or lawyer or IT mgr.

I know a lot of you drive car, earn $20K one month. But there are people who earn very little or kena retrenched because of FT or because cpy close down, and so they dun hv much money to gib to parents. When the parent see their children struggling, they also dun want their children money and even though they so old they earn money with their hands.

Sometime the son divorce must pay alimony and have very little money left for himself and also support parents.

Dun just make fun and say who you vote for. Have a heart. Please.
daveteo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:21 AM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

what happened to their kids and grandkids?

why so many years never bother to save for retirement?

these people may be hiding some bad background.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:23 AM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

I know a lot of you drive car, earn $20K one month. But there are people who earn very little or kena retrenched because of FT or because cpy close down, and so they dun hv much money to gib to parents. When the parent see their children struggling, they also dun want their children money and even though they so old they earn money with their hands.

Sometime the son divorce must pay alimony and have very little money left for himself and also support parents.

rubbish lah.

all they need to do is stay together with the children.

1 bag of rice, a try of eggs, from ntuc, how many dollars only.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:26 AM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

a lot of people fukked up their lives....

past drug addicts, too lazy to do proper job, treated own kids badly so they got abandoned... some even work to feed their gambling habits even in old age... some are ex criminals who never turned over a new leaf and refused to get a proper job.

if they did honest jobs and had a proper family, why should they end up like that?

find out more before you judge and deem them all pitiable and blame the govt.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:39 AM   #35
Supremacy Member

$

Having $20k per month can easily save $15k a month compared to saving $500 to $1k based on $2k+ . The income gap is really wide..why? This current administrators r increasing their salary, bonus while bringing foreign white collar worker to suppress chiur salary...
The rich become richer, the poor becomes poorer. Guess u voted for this
Sultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:26 AM   #36
Great Supremacy Member

In before sexercise
Please don't feel sorry for them. Otherwise wait some ASW SJW starts to campaign against old people working as toilet cleaners, then MacD got excuse to start a Clean Your Own Toilet campaign and maybe end up we will all have to deal with Bring Your Own Porta-Loo campaign after that.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:38 AM   #37
High Supremacy Member

The problem with the previous generations,is that they have this ur kids are ur retirement policy...I suppose this is a Asian tradition as u see this problem not only in Singapore but in Korea as well.

But u are right....this is a stupid way of approaching things....even if we relied on our children as our retirement policy,not everybody can earn 10 or 20k a mth and drive a Audi...the top ten percentile earns 12k and above....majority of us 70 percent earn less than 6k a mth.....what they should do is tax all the working adults rich or poor to feed the elderly.

Like in the west..... they've got it figured out so long ago.

Last edited by frenchbriefs; 10-10-2019 at 04:41 AM..
frenchbriefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:44 AM   #38

My own grandparents lived good lives...I haven't heard of such cases of elderly doing that.. though I have spotted some specimens before
towkayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:45 AM   #39

Having $20k per month can easily save $15k a month compared to saving $500 to $1k based on $2k+ . The income gap is really wide..why? This current administrators r increasing their salary, bonus while bringing foreign white collar worker to suppress chiur salary...
The rich become richer, the poor becomes poorer. Guess u voted for this
What about the billionaire families in Singapore??
Old 10-10-2019, 04:46 AM   #40

Hmm? Ts know nothing about old people. Old people working in mcdonalds the fries they cook is very nice and crispy. They're very good at cooking compared to young part timers. I rather them stay in aircon mcdonalds to work than go out collect cupboards under hot sun. The 1990s mcdonalds all got 10-25yrs experienced staff. Different food standard back then. Those that live through that period will know the real smell of mcdonalds.
I agree. Youngsters at McDonald's are half heartedly working....
Old 10-10-2019, 05:23 AM   #41
High Supremacy Member

Hmm? Ts know nothing about old people. Old people working in mcdonalds the fries they cook is very nice and crispy. They're very good at cooking compared to young part timers. I rather them stay in aircon mcdonalds to work than go out collect cupboards under hot sun. The 1990s mcdonalds all got 10-25yrs experienced staff. Different food standard back then. Those that live through that period will know the real smell of mcdonalds.
have u been to a mcdonalds in the last ten years?they dont allow old sinkies behind the counter or in the kitchen,old sinkies are slow fuddy duds and cannot handle the fast pace environment of mcdonalds nowadays especially when its always so crowded.....most of the food preparation and meal prep is handled by msian fts....old sinkies are delegated to the back u know where.....sinkies are useless even in fast food establishments.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #42

Definitely, maybe they work for fun? McDonald is a fun place right!
wetdreamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:23 AM   #43
Master Member

How come my parent don't make money when they see their children suffering.
lockks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:25 AM   #44
Greater Supremacy Member

This ish my phuture
This ish my life

ramlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whilst it is true that McD hires a lot of foreign workers. But us sinkies are still shining respectively in their position.

Beauty is in the eyes of beholder, maybe some people feel sorry, but they are surviving without the worry of retrenchment. Politics is down to a minimal. You are not them, if they dun feel sorry for themselves, why would you need to?

Even a dishwasher can proudly declare: I am still working.

Yeap, I do see an old auntie behind the counter. Old, face with a lot of wrinkles. She can speak English too.

Last edited by KnightDroid; 10-10-2019 at 06:36 AM..
KnightDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.