Do u use water filter at home?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh we use the Philips wp3860 water filter but filter out the water for boiling and cooking and maybe if steam face for taking blackheads out

Anything else use unfiltered.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
But tap pipe had to be clean also ma lol.. BTW the filter can last how long?

I install it myself. My tape is hot and cold. So I disable the hot and use it for this filter ;)

dEv_

Reaction score
You guys can actually get cheap and good stuff from Amazon.

For NSF-53 certified lead reduction stuff, go search the following products....i share the below list just to start you off.
If you own a present water filter, it might be already be reducing lead....but i do not research on those stuff like Hyflux, Novita, Evopure, Cleansui etc.
Eg the Instapure F8 that some of you may have purchased from Self-fix can handle lead and is NSF-53 tested. (Instapure F8 used to be available on Amazon too).

100 gallons = 378 litres
Search on Amazon.com (read the reviews)
-Culligan FM-15 (uses 200 gal 756L cartridge)
-Dupont faucet filters (various models, 100 gal or 200 gal cartridge)
-Pur advanced faucet filters (100 gal)
-Brita faucet filter (100 gal)
-Aquasana AQ-4000 countertop filter (450 gal)
All the above contain very high quality highly spec solid carbon block filters that take care of many of the contaminants. Size of the product does not determine whether or not the filter is better. The only issue with the above is that the xxx number of gallons filtered is lower than the bigger filters (eg the 10-inch canister filters).

Do not be misled and think that ultrafiltration (0.01 microns) would take care of lead for example, it would not. An RO system would take care of soluble lead, yes that is true (however RO has its disadvantages).
And not all solid carbon block filters/granular activated carbon filters can reduce for eg soluble lead to a level that you'd care for (eg > 99%), though most do reduce to X amount and are effective to a certain degree, just that it's not certified and thus difficult to ascertain any reliable technical performance info.

For more advanced users, you can try the catridges or 10-inch solid carbon blocks with DIY 10-inch canisters. If really hardcore and kiasu, can try 20-inch canisters for the whole house, use some excellent chlorine/chloramine filter like some of the aquarium reef hobby solid carbon block filters which actually work much better than the consumer stuff that we get.
The 10-inch filter canisters are available from Taobao or Amazon, see which one you are more comfortable with.
Do note that the solid carbon blocks need to be NSF-53 certified. (not only NSF-42 certified, which is for safety of the materials used)

- 3M Filtrete Under Sink Water Filtration System (3US-MAX-S01). 1500 gals 5670 litres. Probably better for those big families and also intends to use filtered water (no chlorine/chloramines) for washing their veg etc.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0ADH3K/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_14?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
...it uses 3/8 inch 3分管 so you might need to go taobao and get your own hoses to convert to 2分 coz Taobao sells the 2分

Tap diverter.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.323.3ZLAkP&id=41209541438
配件2分双切转换器龙头接头 双切 (search for similar terms, you will get results from other sellers)
TB2zmaed9BjpuFjy1XdXXaooVXa_!!202695593.jpg

Just for additional info, i think the majority of us Singaporeans would not DIY
Some 10-inch filters, all are solid carbon blocks
Pentek P-250 Under Sink Water Filter Set by Pentek (1000 gals)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VTCPJG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

DuPont WFDWC70001 Universal Drinking Water 550-Gallon Carbon Block Cartridge by DuPont
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VZ2KN2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_11?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

GE FXULC Drinking Water System Replacement Filter (600 gals)
https://www.amazon.com/GE-FXULC-Dri...46&sr=1-12&keywords=ge+water+filter+cartridge

For folks intend to get 3M Filtrete Under Sink Water Filtration, this connector may come in handy.

bJeBzLo.jpg

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know but I bought the 3M water filter dispenser from Best Denki. I feel that money well spend. So convenient with the cool water, hot water and room temperature water.

Singapore need water filter meh just drink from tap?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Water is world class in Singapore. You got think before how's the water come into your house from water treatment plant ? Those pipe will corrode or dirty after so many years underground ? Those roof top tank will dirty or not ? Last time got one person dead inside the roof top tank right ? I don't know got people drink directly from the tank or not.

Singapore need water filter meh just drink from tap?

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Water is world class in Singapore. You got think before how's the water come into your house from water treatment plant ? Those pipe will corrode or dirty after so many years underground ? Those roof top tank will dirty or not ? Last time got one person dead inside the roof top tank right ? I don't know got people drink directly from the tank or not.

Will you maintain your water filter every week?

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Not all filter need maintainer every wk ba
I bought one too n use. I think better becoz of the pipes
U see they do renovation the pipes for water not sure how dirty n if dirts n sands n muds (during rainy days installation) will be stuck in the water pipes

N the one I bought is alkaline water filteration sys
If read carefully they don't seem to remove 100% of the heavy metals etc?
Chlorine is it 100% removed ?
Coz if remove all minerals etc 100% like reverse osmosis then the body don't have much of these from water. Need to get from elsewhere liao

Last edited:

Meat Bao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EDMW experts,

Usually I buy bottled mineral water from the supermarket.

Now I think I want to install a filter at home, and just use the water at home.

Could you please recommend 2 or 3 filters to me ? I will trust your suggestions and buy them..

I am confused reading this thread. Please suggest 2 or 3 filters and I will just select one and buy it.

Thank you for your kind advice.

:crazy:

Last edited:

yuri2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a minimum, you'll need 2 basic filters.

1. Sediment filter - filters sand, dirt, particles that pass through water system, protects more expensive filter down the line.
2. Carbon filter - filters chlorine, bad taste

Then the filters need to change regularly.
When to change depends on the volume passing through.
Typically, 6 months -2 years (if water is very clean)

Don't skip the sediment filter, it's the first line of protection. I made this mistake.

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing

if stay in multiple units type of housing eg high-rise condo or flats, may need to use filter and change regularly

if landed, and water pipes were changed when you move in, you may not need to change it as regularly

*Pickle*

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I AM the water filter. All chlorine and metals end up inside my bloodstream, saving me loads of money every month.

bullfrog

Banned
Reaction score
Water may be free from bacteria but the water runs through piping and may pick up sediments such as rust, etc. Its good to filter water before drinking to remove particles deposited in the water as they may collect in your kidneys and form kidney stones.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.