HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Do u use water filter at home?

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #211
Supremacy Member

i use zerowater. it filters heavy metal like lead and chromium.
hopefully i ingest less of them, however they get into the water supply.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
yuri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #212
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/porta...aterDispenser/

anyone using this?

can review? now promo at $1488
i'm using this. i bought it for my newborn. really godsend filter aside instant hot warm cold water is god like lol

saves a lot space as well can keep kettle, water dispenser all aside
~Dragonite~ likes this.
sneggg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #213
High Supremacy Member

I just bought the 3M water filter dispenser. Got cold water, room temperature and hot water. I don't know the filter good or not but I buy because of the brand 3M.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
delceer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #214
High Supremacy Member

Blue colour for cool water, green colour for room temperature water but I feel it still cold. One thing I don't like is don't have child lock button.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #215
Great Supremacy Member

i use zerowater. it filters heavy metal like lead and chromium.
hopefully i ingest less of them, however they get into the water supply.
The Zerowater options on Amazon is pretty ok. Just a wee more expensive than the faucets based ones, and it does get the TDS a bit low for my liking (that's another seperate story, not a biggie anyway) but it's pretty ok.

Anyway since you brought up Chromium, not really a big issue vs Lead. There is no real safe levels for lead exposure, though WHO pegged it at 10ppm for water. Over here in SG probably Chromium probably gets into our diets via boiling in stainless steel kettles etc, but really super low concentrations.

Actually for adults ingestion of lead via oral route, i don't think we'd see much of an issue with those researched levels. The issue is really for pregnant women, kids....coz over there lies the biggest effect.
However like i said, i'd be hard pressed if someone asks "can you see the effects of chronic ultra low level lead ingestion then?". Coz how do you prove that 2-4 IQ points drop? And even then does it translate to something tangible in real life....academic results? $$$ earnings? It's Impossible to prove.

So....it's something like eating bak kwa, chao tar chicken wings, smoking...someone sure would quote that eg of his granduncle who is age 88 and been smoking for 70 years.
For all you know, there are toddlers who started smoking in other countries.

~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by WussRedXLi; 09-07-2017 at 12:24 PM..
WussRedXLi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #216
Great Supremacy Member

i'm using this. i bought it for my newborn. really godsend filter aside instant hot warm cold water is god like lol

saves a lot space as well can keep kettle, water dispenser all aside
TO be perfectly honest, those Tiger, Zojirushi airpot stuff already like 200+ dollars liao for a decent model. Base model can get into the mid 100s during OG offer etc.

These things, really become a parent then one can appreciate all the costs.... (for me i'll try ways and means to cut costs but without cutting performance/features too much)
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #217
Arch-Supremacy Member

Blue colour for cool water, green colour for room temperature water but I feel it still cold. One thing I don't like is don't have child lock button.
child lock button only for hot water. why need lock for cold water?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
sneggg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #218
Master Member

I just bought the 3M water filter dispenser. Got cold water, room temperature and hot water. I don't know the filter good or not but I buy because of the brand 3M.
great..
but i kind of got a stupid qns..

lets say u empty the cool water tank straight, then water from supply pipe flows in again right, how long before it take to become cold again?

same for hot water..
~Dragonite~ likes this.
HikarU123456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #219
Arch-Supremacy Member

The 3m water dispenser and water filter system taobao selling for a few hundred dollar only. Can buy or not. Singapore selling price is really very expensive.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
curahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:33 PM   #220

Anyone using the Hyflux water filter ?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by popeyes; 29-03-2019 at 10:53 PM..
popeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #221
Arch-Supremacy Member

I use instapure. R7.

Good enough. 3 mths change once.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
redsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #222
eyz
Supremacy Member

actually I used instapure F8 before.

there's no filtration at all. the TDS remain the same before and after filter.

I changed to a new filter and it remain the same.

The Zerowater options on Amazon is pretty ok. Just a wee more expensive than the faucets based ones, and it does get the TDS a bit low for my liking (that's another seperate story, not a biggie anyway) but it's pretty ok.

Anyway since you brought up Chromium, not really a big issue vs Lead. There is no real safe levels for lead exposure, though WHO pegged it at 10ppm for water. Over here in SG probably Chromium probably gets into our diets via boiling in stainless steel kettles etc, but really super low concentrations.

Actually for adults ingestion of lead via oral route, i don't think we'd see much of an issue with those researched levels. The issue is really for pregnant women, kids....coz over there lies the biggest effect.
However like i said, i'd be hard pressed if someone asks "can you see the effects of chronic ultra low level lead ingestion then?". Coz how do you prove that 2-4 IQ points drop? And even then does it translate to something tangible in real life....academic results? $$$ earnings? It's Impossible to prove.

So....it's something like eating bak kwa, chao tar chicken wings, smoking...someone sure would quote that eg of his granduncle who is age 88 and been smoking for 70 years.
For all you know, there are toddlers who started smoking in other countries.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #223
Great Supremacy Member

actually I used instapure F8 before.

there's no filtration at all. the TDS remain the same before and after filter.

I changed to a new filter and it remain the same.

The TDS meter is measuring things correctly, the issue is that people are using the meter wrongly. The Instapure solid carbon block does not remove/reduce the dissolved solids in the water. That is why it's called a Total Dissolved Solids meter. It is a close cousin to the EC or electrical conductivity meter.

A solid carbon block does not remove dissolved chlorides, bicarbonates etc. But specially manufacturered ones does remove things like lead, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals etc.... (effectiveness of each and every contaminant depends on how it's manufacturered)
The Instapure F8 that you are using is NSF-53 certified to v significantly reduce (like ~ 99%) a long list of contaminants.

Basically TDS is called Total Dissolved Solids is coz it is measuring all the dissolved minerals like chlorides and stuff.
For eg, your mineral water is actually very good water without contaminants and good tasting. But if you use a TDS meter, it'd be quite elevated. Some mineral water measure over 200 ppm and i have seen 300-400 range.
The TDS of water only tells you a small part of the whole story.
However, when used in very specific usage areas, eg in the Zerowater resin ion-exchange filtration systems, it can tell you when it is really time to change the filter.

The TDS of your water only gives you a small window on the water quality of the water. It's used as a secondary indicator in water quality tests.

Pls watch this video. They dropped 500,000 copies of bacteria (shd be E-coil) into 001ppm distilled water and it barely rose to just 7 ppm on the TDS meter. That number of bacteria copies would really land anybody in hospital.

(scroll down in this product listing for the video, enable your Adobe Flash when prompted if you click on the video area)
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...d=545871494098

Or use the youku link :
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUxOT...rom=s1.8-1-1.2

Google :
E.coli > 大肠杆菌,大肠埃希杆菌(Escherichia coli)

And the world's cleanest/purest water @ 0.0 ppm absolute zero TDS is really very lousy tasting + GROSS.

BTW, pls also do not be smoked and mislead by this type of hocus pocus test of them trying to electrically precipitate the "contaminiation" out of your tap water with say 100ppm TDS.

Video link : http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI3OT...!2~5~5!7~5~5~A

[/IMG]
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by WussRedXLi; 10-07-2017 at 03:14 PM..
WussRedXLi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:52 AM   #224
eyz
Supremacy Member

geez didn't know the TDS is just 1 part of checking the quality of the water.

my impression is that the chlorine in the water is good enough to kill the bacteria, hence boiling is not even necessary.

my filtered water by Zerowater in fact taste quite good.

after trying Zerowater, I can't stand the taste of tap water, even boiled 1.

so wuss, thou not important, may I ask what is the TDS reading for your filtered water?

I'm not sure whether I would be disappointed with the taste after I switched to these canister filter.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
eyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:04 AM   #225
High Supremacy Member

child lock button only for hot water. why need lock for cold water?
Lol... are you sure got the machine at home ? Don't throw face.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.