HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Do u use water filter at home?

Like Tree184Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #256
Supremacy Member

Why so cheap compared to those proper filtration system?
the testimonials on the website looks doggy .... but the price looks good.
Globe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:21 AM   #257

Water filter

[QUOTE=WussRedXLi;108664011]Anyway tripleg, just FYI......this 10" filter cartridge on Amazon is Amazon free ship eligible. You can buy the 10" filter housings on Taobao or Amazon (TB is of course cheaper, but there are also slightly more expensive and higher quality housings, materials shd be safe......PP Polypropylene)

See if you are interested. Run another 1 micron sediment filter, can get from TB.....shiok liao. And won't run into low TDS "issue". Use the tap diverter that you can get from Taobao. 2 PE 1/4 inch 2分 hoses to run to the housing.

If you want ultrafiltration, can get UF cartridges from TB. Safe lah.....no worries.
1 micron sediment -> 0.01 microns UF -> Amazon KDF85/activated alumina/catalytic AC filter.

Will take care of lead as well.
Only "issue", it does not have NSF/WQA certification.

It is not the normal activated carbon, but catalytic activated carbon, so it's designed to be much more efficient for chloramines and also would last much longer.
ie the youtube video done by BRS/Bulk Reef Supplies on previous page, they tested one 0.6 micron normal AC solid carbon block and it lasted only ~ 150 gallons @ 0.25 gpm flowrate for chloramines (total chlorine). Remember, free chlorine = chlorine. Total chlorine includes chloramines, but usually at our tap end it means majority chloramines coz we don't have much chlorine left coz all reacted liao, not stable.

As you know, over at our tap end, we have very low levels of chlorine (coz already reacted with the organics in the pipes liao), but the chloramines are still up there.......coz it's designed that way to be much more stable.

The PUB water quality report states 3ppm monochloramine on avg.

WussRedXLi, is it possible for a layperson to install this on her own? If so, are you able to advise what other items are required? Or can I get a similar item in the market and pay an installer to do it for me?
brikette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 10:23 AM   #258

hi,
culligan is not shipping direct from amazon anymore.

Don't mind, i post here for sharing of info....

Details are on post 108, page 8.

Summary :

The cheapest are the faucet based ones. All the devices are NSF 53 certified for lead reduction (amongst other stuff)

100 gallons = 378 litres
Search on Amazon.com (read the reviews)
-Culligan FM-15 (uses 200 gal 756L cartridge)
-Dupont faucet filters (various models, 100 gal or 200 gal cartridge)
-Pur advanced faucet filters (100 gal)
-Brita faucet filter (100 gal)
-Aquasana AQ-4000 countertop filter (450 gal)
All the above contain very high quality highly spec solid carbon block filters that take care of many of the contaminants. Size of the product does not determine whether or not the filter is better. The only issue with the above is that the xxx number of gallons filtered is lower than the bigger filters (eg the 10-inch canister filters).

- 3M Filtrete Under Sink Water Filtration System (3US-MAX-S01). 1500 gals 5670 litres. Probably better for those big families and also intends to use filtered water (no chlorine/chloramines) for washing their veg etc.

Yes, whenever possible, can use stainless steel fittings, stainless steel faucets if you can. Apparently even the lead-free brass stuff sourced locally approved ones possibly have pretty significant spikes above the WHO limit (10 ug/L). Is that high/risky or not, i don't know but i'm not sitting around to find out for my kids even though for myself i don't really care.
You should too for your pregnant wife and baby when he/she's borned.

If use those xxx and yyy china sourced stuff without certification, like so many people buying from Taobao nowadays, normal yellow brass, don't say liao. (not saying all MIC TB stuff are bad)

BTW, TB stuff really got super good and super bad stuff. Just recently in the aircon cleaning thread, one guy gotten a bad 12V power adapter (powering the water diaphragm pressure pump for aircon washing), the power adapter blew, tripped the MCB and ELCB, and also blew his microwave oven with sparks and flames.
Some other folks gotten 12V 5A power adapters to power their 100W pumps. The sellers/TB factories sometimes really anyhow one.
linusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #259
High Supremacy Member

Singapore water is Exceeded world class water standard.

Anyone use water filter system at home?
Those that install at the tap or in a water pitcher?

I use a water pitcher type filter for drinking.
Old 26-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #260

What's with hydroflux charging so expensive when PUB water quality is already so good? There's other big companies too like hyflux, 3m, xiaomi, away etc.
Zopizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 03:25 PM   #261
MRC
Supremacy Member

I am using this water filter system now cheap and good. Anybody who wanna buy a filter can consider this. There is a 200 rmb voucher for this and they are giving you 2 years worth of extra filters for spares as well.

https://uland.taobao.com/coupon/edet...8984_148848359
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...#post110780782
Cheapest Air Parcel From China to Singapore (Door to Door)
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...e-5674668.html
Pay on behalf at 4.75. (Instant Service)
Taobao buyforme available (No Commission)
Whatsapp or call me at 88232023 (Ken)
MRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 05:57 PM   #262
High Supremacy Member

This one can DIY install?

I am using this water filter system now cheap and good. Anybody who wanna buy a filter can consider this. There is a 200 rmb voucher for this and they are giving you 2 years worth of extra filters for spares as well.

https://uland.taobao.com/coupon/edet...8984_148848359
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 05:57 PM   #263
High Supremacy Member

But we are using metal pipe.

Singapore water is Exceeded world class water standard.
Old 26-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #264
Arch-Supremacy Member

Eh we use the Philips wp3860 water filter but filter out the water for boiling and cooking and maybe if steam face for taking blackheads out

Anything else use unfiltered.
leonaheidern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #265
MRC
Supremacy Member

This one can DIY install?
I install it myself. My tape is hot and cold. So I disable the hot and use it for this filter
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...#post110780782
Cheapest Air Parcel From China to Singapore (Door to Door)
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...e-5674668.html
Pay on behalf at 4.75. (Instant Service)
Taobao buyforme available (No Commission)
Whatsapp or call me at 88232023 (Ken)
MRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 06:04 PM   #266
High Supremacy Member

But tap pipe had to be clean also ma lol.. BTW the filter can last how long?

I install it myself. My tape is hot and cold. So I disable the hot and use it for this filter
Old 14-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #267

You guys can actually get cheap and good stuff from Amazon.

For NSF-53 certified lead reduction stuff, go search the following products....i share the below list just to start you off.
If you own a present water filter, it might be already be reducing lead....but i do not research on those stuff like Hyflux, Novita, Evopure, Cleansui etc.
Eg the Instapure F8 that some of you may have purchased from Self-fix can handle lead and is NSF-53 tested. (Instapure F8 used to be available on Amazon too).

100 gallons = 378 litres
Search on Amazon.com (read the reviews)
-Culligan FM-15 (uses 200 gal 756L cartridge)
-Dupont faucet filters (various models, 100 gal or 200 gal cartridge)
-Pur advanced faucet filters (100 gal)
-Brita faucet filter (100 gal)
-Aquasana AQ-4000 countertop filter (450 gal)
All the above contain very high quality highly spec solid carbon block filters that take care of many of the contaminants. Size of the product does not determine whether or not the filter is better. The only issue with the above is that the xxx number of gallons filtered is lower than the bigger filters (eg the 10-inch canister filters).

Do not be misled and think that ultrafiltration (0.01 microns) would take care of lead for example, it would not. An RO system would take care of soluble lead, yes that is true (however RO has its disadvantages).
And not all solid carbon block filters/granular activated carbon filters can reduce for eg soluble lead to a level that you'd care for (eg > 99%), though most do reduce to X amount and are effective to a certain degree, just that it's not certified and thus difficult to ascertain any reliable technical performance info.

For more advanced users, you can try the catridges or 10-inch solid carbon blocks with DIY 10-inch canisters. If really hardcore and kiasu, can try 20-inch canisters for the whole house, use some excellent chlorine/chloramine filter like some of the aquarium reef hobby solid carbon block filters which actually work much better than the consumer stuff that we get.
The 10-inch filter canisters are available from Taobao or Amazon, see which one you are more comfortable with.
Do note that the solid carbon blocks need to be NSF-53 certified. (not only NSF-42 certified, which is for safety of the materials used)

- 3M Filtrete Under Sink Water Filtration System (3US-MAX-S01). 1500 gals 5670 litres. Probably better for those big families and also intends to use filtered water (no chlorine/chloramines) for washing their veg etc.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
...it uses 3/8 inch 3分管 so you might need to go taobao and get your own hoses to convert to 2分 coz Taobao sells the 2分

Tap diverter.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...id=41209541438
配件2分双切转换器龙头接头 双切 (search for similar terms, you will get results from other sellers)

Just for additional info, i think the majority of us Singaporeans would not DIY
Some 10-inch filters, all are solid carbon blocks
Pentek P-250 Under Sink Water Filter Set by Pentek (1000 gals)

DuPont WFDWC70001 Universal Drinking Water 550-Gallon Carbon Block Cartridge by DuPont

GE FXULC Drinking Water System Replacement Filter (600 gals)
https://www.amazon.com/GE-FXULC-Drin...lter+cartridge

For folks intend to get 3M Filtrete Under Sink Water Filtration, this connector may come in handy.

dEv_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #268
Arch-Supremacy Member

Damn fun to con people sia...
standarture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #269

Singapore need water filter meh just drink from tap?
kindoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #270
High Supremacy Member

Don't know but I bought the 3M water filter dispenser from Best Denki. I feel that money well spend. So convenient with the cool water, hot water and room temperature water.

Singapore need water filter meh just drink from tap?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.