Do u use water filter at home?

codexboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seens like these korean and china brands not very cheap also. Any reason against getting the 3m one? seems more reputable for the filters etc

Darkshadows

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do any of you replace the food grade tubings connecting the water source and also the filters? I think after many years of usage, the tubes may not be that clean already.

Kriz X Cross

Reaction score
I recently bought a hot, cold and room temperature water dispenser from Aqua Kent Singapore, nearly 6months in. Got it for quite an affordable price but it's not those sleek tankless model been marketed around though. My wallet can't tank with all the reno being done sia😅 Still it was rather slim though at what I measured of 22cm. 😂

overall decent quality and customer service :) just surprise that there wasn't much mention of this brand around though. you guys could perhaps look them up on Facebook haha

sacredx

Reaction score
Anyone bought Sterra or Purikool? Their item looks the same, not sure if it is really from Korea

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought Sterra or Purikool? Their item looks the same, not sure if it is really from Korea
Yea bought from purikool. The owner say is same machine from Korea. He say he suppose to be official distro dunno when the OEM(ovio) go allow another channel in sg.

Anyway alot of brands is Korea OEM and brand as different machine sell in sg eg. Hydroflux and ruhens.

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, how long have you been using it? Will you recommend anyone in getting it?
For me I buy cause the nozzle assembly can push inside the machine and UV sanitise vs other brand is just always outside dunno will kena splash by soap or oil.

Using for 3mths liaos. Will recommend mostly for convenience for hot and cold water. Purified vs drinkable water think not much difference ba and alkaline mostly just pseudo science to me.

sacredx

Reaction score
For me I buy cause the nozzle assembly can push inside the machine and UV sanitise vs other brand is just always outside dunno will kena splash by soap or oil.

Using for 3mths liaos. Will recommend mostly for convenience for hot and cold water. Purified vs drinkable water think not much difference ba and alkaline mostly just pseudo science to me.
Thanks!!

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

robie_aibo

Reaction score
I am using Philips RO water dispenser. It has a 4 litres tank and the filter can last about a year ( depending on the usage). In China, Philips launched a WiFi controlled version.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In fact, due to the removal of chlorine in alkaline water, there is very high probability of bacteria buildup in alkaline filters. Please clean all the hoses and faucet yearly to prevent the buildup of bacteria due to lack of chlorine in alkaline water.

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is ok la. Biology is not a compulsory course so it is forgivable some people dont know. Thats why these companies can huat off people's stupidity and fear.
Yeah, it’s the kind of false marketing claims that not only fake and ridiculous.

IAmNotABot

Reaction score
Your thoughts about the Water Purifiers / Filter Dispensers?

Just to check if anyone is familiar with some tankless models of water filters/purifiers that I have been asked to check out for my family. My parents are looking to get one.

Researching on my own, I recently checked out water filters from RUHENS and also some model I saw online - COSMO Water Dispenser

RUHENS
Has an atas looking showroom at Ubi area, and the salesperson did a thorough demo for us, even highlighting the fact that their water dispenser does not waste an excessive amount of water when it does the on-the-fly filtering (I subsequently found out that purifiers using reverse osmosis filters would require a large amount of water to flush the filtered contaminants out via a water outlet, which their models don't have. I guess they are using standard sediment filters).
The older model they have has some weird requirement for the buyer to get their servicing package (else warranty void, or something), while the newer and slightly more expensive one allows self-servicing like filter changes. However, the newer model also has smaller filters that are, on the whole more expensive over the longer term to maintain.

COSMO
Apparently, the guys who brought it in are the same people who brought in the Origin Mattress that looks super popular for some reason. The guy did a quick demo and short explanation, and it sounded like something comparable to what Ruhens Newer model can do, though with some added level of control over the temperature. The filter change also self service, not sure if they are using reverse osmosis filters (does not look like it, the fellow also mentioned the machine has no cold water flushing/drainage), need to get the filters from them.
Thing is the showroom looks a bit like a shady operation to me, showcasing their mattress, electronic door lock, and water filter dispenser items all in the same room, with a valiant effort at keep safe distancing for people. Their main product seems to be their mattress, so I am not very confident that the warranty will be valid throughout the whole period. LOL

Checking online, I also saw Purikool and Sterra Water Purifiers. Has anyone heard of Sterra Water Purifier?
The tankless machine they are selling looks like a practical copy of one of the higher end models Purikool is pushing these days (I think it is OHC-7000D or something like that). Their website looks very new, and whatever posts they have are relatively recent compared to the others on the market. I can't tell if they are legitimately sourcing from the same OEM or this is something shady, so taking the cautious approach here.

If anyone has anymore information on any of these, please do share if you happen to know what it is like to use their water purifier (or a similar purifier from other brands). These purifiers are pretty huge investments, hope to be able to find more information before committing a big ticket item for the family. Huge thanks in advance to anyone who can share more details and their own experience ba. :)
Thank you for sharing! I went to view Purikool at their showroom and it looks identical to sterra. Have you gotten one? Which brand did you go for?

Psyres

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing! I went to view Purikool at their showroom and it looks identical to sterra. Have you gotten one? Which brand did you go for?
I went for LivingCare.

Family looked into tankless ones and found this. Not sure who recommended to them but I went with them to the showroom to see a couple of months back. They liked what they saw, I placed a deposit.

Have an installation for the Pearl Series coming up soon. Hope it lasts and the modular repair feature is as useful as the salesperson makes it out to be.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.