Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Do u use water filter at home?

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #91
Great Supremacy Member

turn brown still okay..

turn black.. realli jialat
| Come Play | [COLOR="Orange"][B]Overwatch[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Singapore[/B][/COLOR] | [B][COLOR="Green"][URL="http://bit.ly/bf1sgFB"]Battlefield 1 SG FB[/URL][/COLOR][/B] | [URL="http://bit.ly/bf1sgDS"]BF1 Discord[/URL] |
[I][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Georgia"]You Only Live Once.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]
[IMG]https://zippy.gfycat.com/RawMagnificentBighorn.gif[/IMG]
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]♔♔ ❤ Eunjung ❤ IU ❤ MinKyung ❤ Dasom ❤ Hani ❤ Choa ❤ Eunha ❤ Woohee ♔♔[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]iP7Plus Gold 128GB - Logitech G930/G700s - ASUS GTX 780Ti-DC2OC - ASUS PCE-AC68 - ASUS RT-AC87U[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/CENTER]

[B][SIZE="1"][RIGHT][COLOR="LemonChiffon"]good bye my beloved doggie(15yo) tat accompanied moi 14yrs, 24.9.11 6.20pm [/COLOR][/RIGHT][/SIZE][/B]
BlueBulb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #92
High Supremacy Member

not at home

but i believe not all areas the tap water taste the same.

all those little india makan place that have the usual complimentary jug of water (straight from tap i suppose) the water taste damn jialat. probably gan pua old water pipings
Old 02-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #93
High Supremacy Member

Anyone use this? Good or not?

not good....

no guarantee that water is cleaned... maybe only filter out 50%.

also wet and open, easy place for breeding bacteria and mold...
Asakura likes this.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #94
Great Supremacy Member

Off the tap, i boil it before dumping the boil water into my brita water flask..

Straight hot water for coffee or tea, the reservoir(Morphy Richard Redefine Hot Water Dispenser) has a brita filter..
Gixxerfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #95
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is this brita ?
oohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #96
Great Supremacy Member

anyone using water ionizer? which model
orpisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #97

Yes I am using now.
Wah.... your sink cabinet is sooooo clean...
innerlight10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #98

Aside from the rust particles, if we boil our drinking water, then it's fine right? No?
innerlight10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #99

I use a faucet filter by the brand Cleansui. Water taste not as nice compared to previous system we were using at home but it definitely tastes better than tap water. I can't stand the taste of tap water.

Bought the Japan version off Qoo10

https://www.cleansui.com/en/product/faucet/cspxe.html

Last edited by laeticia; 31-01-2017 at 08:11 PM..
laeticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #100
Arch-Supremacy Member

Using this from taobao

http://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/WP3861_00/on-tap-water-purifier

Still boil the water after going through this.

End up buying cause our hdb flat water started tasting metallic 4 years after we moved into the flats opposite queenstown mrt.

leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #101
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://ihome.com.sg/products/househo...teh2oeasy.html

My neighbour reccomend this.. is it good
oohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #102
Supremacy Member

He's the boss i think. Remember he mention before

Then you shy shy just tahan ah?
weathersohot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:46 PM   #103
Supremacy Member

Anyone use this? Good or not?

Simple ,cheap and effective.

PrOfAtSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #104
Great Supremacy Member

Came across this very good article.

Done in Singapore with pumbling stuff that are available here in SG (all are PUB approved stuff), simulating end-users taps' conditions.
Received: 12 December 2015; Accepted: 23 February 2016; Published: 27 February 2016

www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/13/3/266/pdf

2.1. Simulated Premise Plumbing System
To determine whether lead contamination in drinking water will occur in a “lead-free” premise plumbing system, a typical premise system was built using locally (Singapore) purchased materials as shown in Figure 1.
In Singapore, all water fittings used shall conform with the standards and requirements stipulated by the Public Utilities Board (PUB) and their use shall conform to the Public Utilities (Water Supply) Regulations and Singapore Standard Code of Practice (CP) 48. A water fitting shall be deemed to comply with the stipulated standards if it is certified by an accredited product certification body. The maximum allowable concentrations of metals leached shall not exceed the limits specified by the WHO Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality [28,29]. Copper pipes and brass fittings used in this study were microwave-digested and measured for lead content, and results showed that their lead content was <0.25% by weight, and thus can be considered “lead-free” according to the last “lead-free” definition by USEPA.

Residents moving into new buildings or renovating their plumbing systems are potentially at risk of lead contamination in their drinking water. Lead contamination due to the presence of a lead source is expected to persist for as long as many years if the situation is left untreated or the system is left untouched.

“Lead-free” brass fittings were identified as the source of lead contamination.

The system was assembled in the laboratory using all-new plumbing materials
and only certified copper pipes, brass fittings and stainless steel taps were used without any tapes, sealants and solders that may be present in field sampling. Many studies in the literature used either relatively short lengths of pipe (3 m) or single fittings to represent real distribution systems, while this study is specifically designed to represent real premise plumbing systems that use copper pipes.

The long experimental period allows us to show that lead contamination can be persistent in premise distribution systems and helps to fill the knowledge gap in the existing literature.

Acknowledgments: The authors thank the Singapore Ministry of Education (project number R-302-000-049-112) and National Taiwan University (grant number NTUCDP-103R7877) for financial support.
Author Contributions: Yi-Pin Lin and Ding-Quan Ng conceived and designed the experiments

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #105
Great Supremacy Member

Children are more at risk than adults when it comes to the dangers of ingesting lead. Children will absorb 30-75% of the lead they ingest while adults will absorb only 11%. Individuals with the greatest risk, even with short term exposure, are young children and pregnant women. Estimates are, on average, lead in drinking water contributes between 10 and 20 percent of total lead exposure in young children. Reduced intelligence, impaired hearing and decreased growth, are associated with blood levels as low as 10 micrograms of lead per deciliter of blood (ug/dL). A 10 ug/dL increase in blood levels correlates to a loss of 2 IQ points. Individuals will adsorb more lead if they have poor nutrition than those that have better diets.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.