HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HWZ's 20th bday mega contest! Over $10,000 worth of prizes for you!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #61
Arch-Supremacy Member

didnt know hwz started on 9th august. now sept liao den start this bday contest?

when did sph buy over hwz also?
Good question, why hardwarezone only celebration birthday after 9 august that's like a happy belated birthday

To your question on when did sph buy over hardwarezone is as below:
In 2006, HardwareZone was purchased by SPH for S$7.1 million. SPH acquired all the magazine titles published by HardwareZone, which included HardwareMAG (HWM), GameAxis (a computer games magazine), and PHOTOVIDEOi (a digital photography magazine)
WhiteAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #62
Arch-Supremacy Member

happy bday hwz ! Moi wan jiak 4 finger pls
Limexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

hwz 20 yr old means got many old uncles and aunties here...
that's true, hardwarezone is getting older with each birthday celebration, so do the people surfing here every year only thing is a happy machine never ages

anyway, among so many sub forums, Mobile Communication Technology should be my most interested section. it gives a lot of reviews by real people instead of what we see in youtubes which are just testers of a few days or weeks at most to give a fair judgement
Old 28-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

gong xi gong xi hwz and happy birthday. hope each year there will be less problems and clones to eliminate
bosssaizo likes this.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #65
Master Member

Happy birthday Hardwarezone!
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

Happy birthday HWZ! Can't believe you're 20 years old already. Started as a magazine and now a popular site that have found lots of love from many of us.

May you have even more success and in another 30 years, you be 50. Just don't compete with my age. You won't be able to catch up.
didn't know that they are already 20 years old but i did know their birthday is on the same day as singapore.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #67
Banned

I wonder what are the keywords that will help you get more points. Don't see to get it.
CptCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

Happy 20th birthday hwz!!
Love hwz becoz of the available price list for download so no need go down to simlim to check price. Also not forgetting the forums that outlived compared to the blue opposition.
havent been to sls for a long time le actualy hardwarezone is good enough for price comparison. only go down IT fair to buy stuff like memory card or ink cartridges

happy birthday hardwarezone for hitting the 20 years milestone and hope for many years to come !
Old 28-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #69
Administrator

omg! The photo!!!

Some interesting facts found:

• Team was formed
May 1998 marked the inception of the Singapore Overclockers Group (SOG), where Jackie Lee, the founder teamed up with fellow undergraduates Ang Chi Hoe and Eugene Low, and eventually Jereme Wong, Poh Swee Hong, and Dr Jimmy Tang.

• Official launch of Singapore Hardware Zone
SOG had a change in name to Singapore Hardware Zone, with 9th August 1998 being the official launch under www.hardwarezone.com domain. Vijay Anand joined the team to power the editorial content.

• HardwareZone forum
Hardware clinic was set up, and other tech ‘clinics’ soon established after. The Eat-Drink-Man-Woman (EDMW) forum was created to embrace topics that were “off-topic”. EDMW is now Singapore’s undisputed #1 chit-chat forum and has frequently captured or reported news faster around the country than the official mass media or social media.

WhiteAnt likes this.

iOS & Android App | Email | Feedback/ Issues
Milo T-REX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:13 PM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually, that why i said not enough
Best ask Milo admin see can have buffet for all of us here..if not scared of being sexposed...
i would love a pizza buffet with many varieties. will be better if the prizes are buffet vouchers.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #71
Banned

i would love a pizza buffet with many varieties. will be better if the prizes are buffet vouchers.
Buffet sounds good. BBFA would love them. It's a celebration. They should up the ante.
CptCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #72
Master Member

********* Team was formed
May 1998 marked the inception of the Singapore Overclockers Group (SOG), where Jackie Lee, the founder teamed up with fellow undergraduates Ang Chi Hoe and Eugene Low, and eventually Jereme Wong, Poh Swee Hong, and Dr Jimmy Tang.

********* Official launch of Singapore Hardware Zone
SOG had a change in name to Singapore Hardware Zone, with 9th August 1998 being the official launch underwww.hardwarezone.com

********* HardwareZone forum
Hardware clinic was set up, and other tech *********clinics********* soon established after. The Eat-Drink-Man-Woman (EDMW) forum was created to embrace topics that were *********off-topic*********. EDMW is now Singapore*********s undisputed #1 chit-chat forum and has frequently captured or reported news faster around the country than the official mass media or social media.

Jskm. After being bought by sph, think now they became bbfa and pcw in edmw
WhiteAnt likes this.
BananaMilkShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #73
Master Member

I just had 4-Fingers wings combo meal a few days back when I was attending an event at Plaza Singapura. Taste good
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #74
Supremacy Member

• Team was formed

• Official launch of Singapore Hardware Zone
SOG had a change in name to Singapore Hardware Zone, with 9th August 1998 being the official launch under www.hardwarezone.com domain. Vijay Anand joined the team to power the editorial content.

• HardwareZone forum
Hardware clinic was set up, and other tech ‘clinics’ soon established after. The Eat-Drink-Man-Woman (EDMW) forum was created to embrace topics that were “off-topic”. EDMW is now Singapore’s undisputed #1 chit-chat forum and has frequently captured or reported news faster around the country than the official mass media or social media.

Wah yandao and rich! Hahaha
WhiteAnt likes this.
jtec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

omg! The photo!!!
lol you know them personally? wonder if they're still surfing hardwarezone or mod

20years has passed, i assume they're in their 40s now
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.