HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HWZ's 20th bday mega contest! Over $10,000 worth of prizes for you!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2018, 02:28 PM   #76
Arch-Supremacy Member

Happy birthday HWZ! Can't believe you're 20 years old already. Started as a magazine and now a popular site that have found lots of love from many of us.

May you have even more success and in another 30 years, you be 50. Just don't compete with my age. You won't be able to catch up.
birthday can jiak 4fingers is also very good. got one year, i only jiak caipng...

hardwarezone now is very diversified now with different types of mainstream media, news and sources by edmwers no longer only magazines
WhiteAnt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #77
Arch-Supremacy Member

what i love about hwz edmw forum is that there are alot of funny characters in here. some are really very colourful and they provide lots of entertainment. also hwz provide some of the fastest news leak that not even our local newspapers/media can compete with.

this forum has some nice photos of overseas tour that some members went to. also got food reviews on various restaurants, hawkers and even fast food located in singapore as well as overseas.

there is even a section for academics and also a marketplace where people can buy and sell their used or new stuffs.

tech show section have brochures and floor plans for comex, sitex and pc show. this is very convenient as we do not need to go hunt for these.

for gamers there is a section where we can discuss on the latest ps4/xbox games as well as deals.

what i love about hwz site is that there are many reviews on the latest mobile phones as well as hardware, gadgets etc. there are price lists from sim lim square stores which is good for pc builders. it allow us to compare prices between stores and look for the best deals.

this site is like a one stop place for getting info and entertainment.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #78
Arch-Supremacy Member

birthday can jiak 4fingers is also very good. got one year, i only jiak caipng...

hardwarezone now is very diversified now with different types of mainstream media, news and sources by edmwers no longer only magazines
4fingers food nice anot? never been there before to eat.

hardwarezone mainstream media and news is one of the fastest. so fast that even our local media and newspapers also steal them
Old 28-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #79
Supremacy Member

We are giving away fantastic prizes worth over S$10,000 - 4FINGERS gift vouchers, Ariston heater and Google Play gift cards!

But we won’t be around for long, so seize your chance to win the amazing prizes.

First task/question:
It’s our birthday! Send us your most creative birthday wishes and what you love about HWZ site and HWZ Forum to score points.

These are our awesome prizes:
10 x $30 Google Play gift cards
100 x $30 4FINGERS Gift vouchers
80 x $40 4FINGERS Gift vouchers
36 x $50 4FINGERS Gift vouchers
10 x Ariston Andris Slim 30 (SL30) worth $389

Rules & instructions:
- Clock up points from 28 Sep to 14 Oct
- Prize redemption period from 15 Oct to 19 Oct
- Answer all the 3 questions we will be asking on this thread during the next 2 weeks.
- The more you comment, the more points you can garner
- We have also planted a bunch of mystery words within this forum. If you mention these mystery words in your replies and discussions, you will increase your chances of winning (Hint: You might find the mystery words here).
- Participate daily in the discussion thread to uncover more points.
- Extra points may be earned by participating in the bonus questions posted by the forum admin.
- Strictly no parroting, spamming - please observe the forum rules to avoid infractions and disqualification.

Participation Notes:
- Points will be awarded for daily participation in this discussion thread at the end of every week. Redemption of rewards will be one week after the contest has ended and there will be no points awarded during this time.
- Number of points awarded is capped daily.
- Points can be redeemed for rewards from 15 Oct 2018 to 19 Oct 2018
- Any points not redeemed by 2300 hours on 19 Oct 2018 will be forfeited.
- Members who spam or create nuisance posts will have points deducted and infractions issued for misuse of the forum and not adhering to forum rules.
- Bonus points will be awarded to members who put in extra effort with useful or thoughtful posts that contribute to this discussion thread. Points awarded are at the discretion of the forum admins and they are final.
- There will be no redemption by proxy.
- Rewards not claimed in person by 30 Nov 2018 will be forfeited.
* The decision of Forum admin in all matters relating to points redemption and rewards redemption are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Happy 20th birthday to HWZ and more to come!!!

I love how i can find almost all subject matter experts(SMEs) here, any topics, any questions no matter how strange, how technical, there bound to be an expert here. Thanks HWZ for providing the place and all the contributors here.
jtec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #80
Master Member

Still remember long time ago, I had like 24 months physical subscription of the hwz magazine and would read them while traveling or in the library. Back then reading physical book was still popular.
Valour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

what i love about hwz edmw forum is that there are alot of funny characters in here. some are really very colourful and they provide lots of entertainment. also hwz provide some of the fastest news leak that not even our local newspapers/media can compete with.

this forum has some nice photos of overseas tour that some members went to. also got food reviews on various restaurants, hawkers and even fast food located in singapore as well as overseas.

there is even a section for academics and also a marketplace where people can buy and sell their used or new stuffs.

tech show section have brochures and floor plans for comex, sitex and pc show. this is very convenient as we do not need to go hunt for these.

for gamers there is a section where we can discuss on the latest ps4/xbox games as well as deals.

what i love about hwz site is that there are many reviews on the latest mobile phones as well as hardware, gadgets etc. there are price lists from sim lim square stores which is good for pc builders. it allow us to compare prices between stores and look for the best deals.

currently, hardwarezone has the most abundant news and info on technology, computer hardware, mobile, software stuffs for local resources. even the subforums like edmw news is famous and can appear in wanbao

sometimes i even surf edmw on mrt trains, love those big breaking news

wondering issit 4fingers sponsoring the food vouchers for hardwarezone birthday?
Old 28-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #82

I've been here for 13 of the 20 years. Goodness. The undisputed #1 source for trending news!

Been fun and hopefully more to come! Happy Birthday HWZ.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #83
Banned

Agree with you. I usually look at their reviews on phones and laptops. These reviews interest me. Add to that the EDMW forum has tons of different discussions - from everyday life to politics. Sometimes I learned the news here first rather than from news sites.
CptCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #84
Master Member

hardwarezone mainstream media and news is one of the fastest. so fast that even our local media and newspapers also steal them
4fingers not bad. Must eat the spicy flavour. Taste nicer for me
BananaMilkShake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #85
Administrator

lol..... some guru just told me where the photo and timeline was lifted.

lol you know them personally? wonder if they're still surfing hardwarezone or mod

20years has passed, i assume they're in their 40s now
WhiteAnt likes this.

iOS & Android App | Email | Feedback/ Issues
Milo T-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #86

Accompany you for the past 13 years and you only here since 2016. Guess you like the printed stuff more than online.
I started coming here in around 2004-2005 and created an account around 2006, but can't remember the pw anymore. I don't really post, so there is no need for an account. Created a new one to post some questions whenever needed.
LingBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #87
Arch-Supremacy Member

absolutely, nice until cannot!! the very first time i had this, i thought i was putting something so heavenly into my mouth! hope you will get the vouchers then can eat it for real. one con is, 4fingers v expensive.. eat 2 big mac meals and a sundae with that price
Old 28-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #88
Arch-Supremacy Member

Agree with you. I usually look at their reviews on phones and laptops. These reviews interest me. Add to that the EDMW forum has tons of different discussions - from everyday life to politics. Sometimes I learned the news here first rather than from news sites.
Happy 20th birthday Hwz!!

got one thread which allow me to learn the various chinese folk religion deities as well as 7th month festival.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #89
Arch-Supremacy Member

lol..... some guru just told me where the photo and timeline was lifted.
hmmmm photo and timeline was lifted?

sorry, lifted mean what?
Old 28-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #90
High Supremacy Member

My first encounter with HWZ is when I am researching on Redmi phones when it was launched locally in Singapore in 2014. The craze for a $169 budget phone was very hyped up, which aroused my curiosity to research more on it and I chanced upon the Xiaomi Redmi thread at the Android User Group sub-forum.

At that moment of time, I was just a lurker without an account so I was just merely reading through posts made by other HWZ users. Many were amazed by the value it brings, which made me very stoked on getting one (and eventually I did get one).
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.