www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Eat-Drink-Man-Woman (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/)
-   -   "I find this argument, frankly, amazing": PM Lee Hsien Loong (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/i-find-argument-frankly-amazing-pm-lee-hsien-loong-5889763.html)

[[ForeverAlone]] 24-08-2018 07:02 PM

"I find this argument, frankly, amazing": PM Lee Hsien Loong

"I find this argument, frankly, amazing": PM Lee Hsien Loong on commentators who say that the 99-year lease for an HDB flat is an "extended rental".

https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNews...iZsg&__tn__=-R

Home ownership helps Singaporeans build up assets: PM Lee

SINGAPORE: By pursuing homeownership as a key national policy, the Government has improved the lives of Singaporeans significantly, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in a speech on Friday (Aug 24), following key announcements on housing policy at Sunday’s National Day Rally.
"The Government has long pursued home ownership as a key national policy, for many good reasons," he said as he launched a book - Critical Issues in Asset Building in Singapore’s Development.
Owning their own homes gives Singaporeans "a stake in the country" and something to fight for when the "chips are down", said Mr Lee.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...m-lee-10648722

:s12::s12::s12:

[[ForeverAlone]] 24-08-2018 07:07 PM

WC32890 24-08-2018 07:18 PM

Extended lease? That guy must be a tortoise. Can live past 100?

whatmeworry 24-08-2018 07:22 PM

LKY tricked all Merdeka Pioneers sinkeis to own a flat.
Only reason it to lock in their 30years of working life to fund for the HDB.
LKY is typical political strategist. It works.

But now it becomes too expensive that many sinkies are struggling to pay for their HDB, it has become a burden and lifelong death trap.

Younger sinkies are not stoopiak.

This HDB issue will destroy Singapore in another 20years.

Perisher 24-08-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WC32890 (Post 116164005)
Extended lease? That guy must be a tortoise. Can live past 100?

you think you can live past everything you own?
Or might just die choking next minute. :s22:

[[ForeverAlone]] 24-08-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatmeworry (Post 116164052)
LKY tricked all Merdeka Pioneers sinkeis to own a flat.
Only reason it to lock in their 30years of working life to fund for the HDB.
LKY is typical political strategist. It works.

But now it becomes too expensive that many sinkies are struggling to pay for their HDB, it has become a burden and lifelong death trap.

Younger sinkies are not stoopiak.

This HDB issue will destroy Singapore in another 20years.

LKY already give a CLEAR Direction yeas back , don't complain :)

ask yourself , WHO PAY ?? SG NO MUCH RESOURCES , DEPEND ON FOREIGNER COUNTRIES , WHO PAY WHO PAY ?? FREE THIS AND THAT FROM OPPOSITION WHO PAY ???

DON'T put " PROFITS A DIRTY WORD , OR ELSE SG DIE ! "

Chunchunmaru 24-08-2018 07:29 PM

The government is subscribing to the idea that if a lie is repeated often enough, it eventually gets taken as the truth.

ahkrong 24-08-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunchunmaru (Post 116164147)
The government is subscribing to the idea that if a lie is repeated often enough, it eventually gets taken as the truth.

Yup, thats huai they are so shameless.

Sent from mai dua karchng using GAGT

rathalos 24-08-2018 07:35 PM

How is signing a 99 year lease home ownership? U can't even vote to enbloc the whole development.. ur maintenance is done by a political party and u have no say in how it is managed.. u have to go through the lessor for approval on estate modifications rather than competent building authority under building act.. all signs point to lease via hdb as the lessor agent, and yet pinky keeps pretending lease is ownership..

dannytan87 24-08-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunchunmaru (Post 116164147)

It's call 三人成虎

ahkrong 24-08-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rathalos (Post 116164227)
How is signing a 99 year lease home ownership? U can't even vote to enbloc the whole development.. ur maintenance is done by a political party and u have no say in how it is managed.. u have to go through the lessor for approval on estate modifications rather than competent building authority under building act.. all signs point to lease via hdb as the lessor agent, and yet pinky keeps pretending lease is ownership..

Like i said, the only thing we own is our signature on the paperwork.

ketua 24-08-2018 07:37 PM

I find this chronic liar, frankly amazing.

Sent from Xiaomi MIX using GAGT

Johnkoh1984 24-08-2018 07:38 PM

That's why EDMW is full of trolls. Can you come out with better housing policy?

I cannot. That's why I keep my mouth shut.

All you all can do is what the oppositions are good at, point out mistakes but offer zero alternative

cubana 24-08-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [[ForeverAlone]] (Post 116163762)
"I find this argument, frankly, amazing": PM Lee Hsien Loong on commentators who say that the 99-year lease for an HDB flat is an "extended rental".

https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNews...iZsg&__tn__=-R

Home ownership helps Singaporeans build up assets: PM Lee

SINGAPORE: By pursuing homeownership as a key national policy, the Government has improved the lives of Singaporeans significantly, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in a speech on Friday (Aug 24), following key announcements on housing policy at Sunday’s National Day Rally.
"The Government has long pursued home ownership as a key national policy, for many good reasons," he said as he launched a book - Critical Issues in Asset Building in Singapore’s Development.
Owning their own homes gives Singaporeans "a stake in the country" and something to fight for when the "chips are down", said Mr Lee.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...m-lee-10648722

Can't blame him lah. He's probably never been tasked to make a proper business decision or negotiate from a weak position since he's born w silver spoon n his 1st n only job is miw top dog. How can he relate to commoners? In this case he doesn't even make sense

ahkrong 24-08-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnkoh1984 (Post 116164255)
That's why EDMW is full of trolls. Can you come out with better housing policy?

I cannot. That's why I keep my mouth shut.

All you all can do is what the oppositions are good at, point out mistakes but offer zero alternative

ZERO??
whatever suggestions offered by oppos are being WHITEWASHED or laughed at anyway.
N being the ruling party, they are welcomed to play any kind of dirty politics, sugpokked by 扛懒 s 70%.
N come up with better housing policies? Same applied to oppositions, no affiliation with PAP all suggestions can go fark spiders.