HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ketogenic diets are, however, a well-established way to help control Type 2 diabetes

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2018, 10:59 PM   #151

To all my Attackers & Critics

Say what you wish - you happy can liao

Won't waste my time further in rebuttals etc [unless absolutely necessary]

I'm perfectly at ease basking/living in my 'delusion whatnots....'

Stick with your dogmas & bias etc etc etc
Just as I will with mine [UNTIL contrary evidence etc surfaces]

To be honest and fair, most of whom you branded as attackers and critics are not really attacking you. They are trying to correct or clarify some of the missing/ misleading info that you have quoted/ stated. Just because they do not see eye to eye on your belief, you said they are attacking you and not being open to new concepts.

Have you not attack what they have clarified? Have you yourself remained opened to their explanation and accept that your belief will need more time and studies to prove their real benefits? You have asked others to be objective, but have you done the same? The fact is you did nothing of the things you ask others to do to you. When asked why you are not behaving like what you preach, you gave the lame excuse of wanting to protect what you believe.

Nobody is asking you to give up on what you believed in or is passionate about. (Actually, to certain extent, I do admired your love and courage for unorthodox health practices) They are just pointing out the things that you may have missed out or did not consider. In fact, that could be read as them being concern that you may wreck your own (and other's) health, without considering these overlooked factors. Instead you chose to read these comments negatively.

The fact that it is always the same 1 against many (and quite a few are qualified medical professionals), it is clear who makes sense and who doesn't. The sad truth is the thread(s) usually started on good quality, but upon your participation, it gets distorted and went haywired.

You don't need to rebut or reply to this post. Thanks.

Posted from PCWX using My Intellectual Brain
kaypohchee likes this.
tamchiakngeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 12:36 AM   #152
Banned

LC also good for T1D not only T2D etc etc etc etc .....

(Yes to me LC/LCHF remains a Near-Panacea for practically all the metabolic chronic + autoimmune illnesses some cancers etc etc etc ....)

Hmmm there's NO essential Carb n NO Carb-Deficiency Disease !
Watch that video - so many sentiments said by Troy that I can identify with
Winston Churchill Gandhi .... ....

Marika Sboros
‏@MarikaSboros
Following Following @MarikaSboros
More Marika Sboros Retweeted Troy stapleton
So, your #dietitian, #endocrinologist tells you that as a type 1 diabetic, a low-carb diet is not good for you. Here's what a type 1 diabetic MD has to say about that, via another type 1 diabetic MD @drtroystapleton:
https://twitter.com/drtroystapleton/...64615628754944

Troy stapleton
‏@drtroystapleton
Follow Follow @drtroystapleton
More
https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/w...abetes-469606/

Why I Started Following a Low-Carbohydrate Diet After Almost a Decade With Diabetes

Spoiler!

2:43 PM - 12 Oct 2018

Hamish Milne
‏@hamishbmilne
9h9 hours ago
More
Replying to @drtroystapleton
It was your presentation https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TR8rc_AF6XU … that changed things for us, my wife Nikki (T1) overnight regaining BG control, hba1c <5. TY

kaypohchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #153
Arch-Supremacy Member

To be honest and fair, most of whom you branded as attackers and critics are not really attacking you. They are trying to correct or clarify some of the missing/ misleading info that you have quoted/ stated. Just because they do not see eye to eye on your belief, you said they are attacking you and not being open to new concepts.

Have you not attack what they have clarified? Have you yourself remained opened to their explanation and accept that your belief will need more time and studies to prove their real benefits? You have asked others to be objective, but have you done the same? The fact is you did nothing of the things you ask others to do to you. When asked why you are not behaving like what you preach, you gave the lame excuse of wanting to protect what you believe.

Nobody is asking you to give up on what you believed in or is passionate about. (Actually, to certain extent, I do admired your love and courage for unorthodox health practices) They are just pointing out the things that you may have missed out or did not consider. In fact, that could be read as them being concern that you may wreck your own (and other's) health, without considering these overlooked factors. Instead you chose to read these comments negatively.

The fact that it is always the same 1 against many (and quite a few are qualified medical professionals), it is clear who makes sense and who doesn't. The sad truth is the thread(s) usually started on good quality, but upon your participation, it gets distorted and went haywired.

You don't need to rebut or reply to this post. Thanks.

Posted from PCWX using My Intellectual Brain
Now you can see why most of us are so absolutely disgusted with her cult like behavior in the forum and want her banned permanently so that we can have good discussions on health issues w/o her irritating WOTs.
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #154

This is my blood glucose reading after I cut out animal proteins from my diet. The 7.4 reading was breakfast of 2 slices of white bread and a cup of teh o barely 1 hour ago.

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
rawtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #155
Arch-Supremacy Member

That’s healthy for 2 hours after eating

Right?

Before your breakfast of bread and teh-O, when was your last meal?

This is my blood glucose reading after I cut out animal proteins from my diet. The 7.4 reading was breakfast of 2 slices of white bread and a cup of teh o barely 1 hour ago.

blues7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 07:59 AM   #156

That’s healthy for 2 hours after eating

Right?

Before your breakfast of bread and teh-O, when was your last meal?
8pm last night... 1 vege bao, a bowl of salad and 3 pcs of pumpkin balls... All carbs, zero animal protein.

Old 15-10-2018, 08:28 AM   #157
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks like I’m the one in trouble

Reading much higher than ok

8pm last night... 1 vege bao, a bowl of salad and 3 pcs of pumpkin balls... All carbs, zero animal protein.

blues7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why don’t you take unsweetened soy milk? It’s a good source of protein. Or is plant based protein also prohibited by your doc?
Old 15-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #159
Arch-Supremacy Member

Better go to the polyclinic or your GP to get it checked out.
Old 15-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #160

Why don’t you take unsweetened soy milk? It’s a good source of protein. Or is plant based protein also prohibited by your doc?
Bro, I'm 50yo. A few years ago I drank soy milk everyday 1 cup for 2 years continuous, all joints in my hands hardened. My doctors and dietitians stopped me in time, took me almost 2 years to recover. So no soy milk in my diet.

Old 15-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #161

It's not just the macros and their source that he has to watch. Soy milk (or legumes in general) is high in phosphate and potassium. These 2 electrolytes need to be carefully balanced in advanced CKD.
Lurkerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #162
Arch-Supremacy Member

To all my Attackers & Critics

Say what you wish - you happy can liao

Won't waste my time further in rebuttals etc [unless absolutely necessary]

I'm perfectly at ease basking/living in my 'delusion whatnots....'

Stick with your dogmas & bias etc etc etc
Just as I will with mine [UNTIL contrary evidence etc surfaces]
Ownself bluff ownself
megabyte14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #163

I guess your diet need to readjust and you need a detox period.

I can meet up with you to understand your diabetic condition and if needed can guide you back on track.

Lifestyle changes have to start from you.

blues7 likes this.
Old 15-10-2018, 09:15 AM   #164

It's not just the macros and their source that he has to watch. Soy milk (or legumes in general) is high in phosphate and potassium. These 2 electrolytes need to be carefully balanced in advanced CKD.
The last blood work result, Potassium is 5.6 and Phosphate is 1.5. Currently on medication to curb the Phosphate, must swallow the med together with first mouth of food during lunch and dinner. For curbing potassium, just eat veg and fruits low in potassium will do.

Old 15-10-2018, 09:26 AM   #165
Master Member

This one is normal or got diabetes ?
Harri83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.