HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ketogenic diets are, however, a well-established way to help control Type 2 diabetes

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #196

Still waiting to see if KPC will reply my earlier long post in a coherent fashion. But I suspect she will gloss it over since that's the easy way out.

Well isn't this science?

Research is made to validate or invalidate hypothesis, so that we are closer to the truth each time.
Barring the scientifically trained ones and more rational folks, very few on the forum have shown appreciation for the ebbs and flows/pendulum swings necessary to the scientific method. We live in a generation of instant gratification. Media sensationalization doesn't help either..
Lurkerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:12 AM   #197

on that point

are you using unhealthy PUFA veg or seed oil like canola oil

it is my firm belief that long use of such contributes to many of our modern metabolic ills n diseases
No... Both me and my wife just started vegan diet, this is not vegetarian diet. Please lah, I think you also go watch the #3 video clip on Food Choices.

That French woman travel around the globe talking about pure vegan diet don't know still in Singapore or not. She was arranged by my wife's company to give talks to their employees around the world.

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT
rawtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #198
Supremacy Member

I have been posting my blood test results to show that my way of LC eating works for me too
BS!!!!....stop trying to deceive ppl here about your blood test results......

you have been window dressing your blood test results by goin on a restrictive diet days/weeks before the blood test to game the result.....and after bragging about it here.......then go on a "celebratory" bingeing on crap food for months only to repeat the window dressing again on the next test......not only you ownself delude ownself...but you are trying to deceive ppl too.........

if your smlj " n=1 130g liberal carb high fat" diet is really working for you....then why need to "prep" for your blood test?......

not only do you have hpb and diabetes.....u also suffering from mental illness.... so beside polyclinic....u shld also make appt at imh too....
yonglimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #199
Supremacy Member

on that point

it is my firm belief that long use of such contributes to many of our modern metabolic ills n diseases
u wanto advise ppl about the unhealthy PUFA veg oil?

so what abt the crap hc food that you have been stuffing yourself with?....are those not cooked in PUFA veg oil?

ownself delude ownself......
yonglimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #200

I have been posting my blood test results to show that my way of LC eating works for me too
If you wear a Libre Sensor like mine, you will not be able to cheat prior to your blood test cos your doctor can demand you do hourly reading on your Libre reader. It will 100% show your highs and lows, cannot escape one.

Last edited by rawtuna; 15-10-2018 at 11:39 AM..
Old 15-10-2018, 11:39 AM   #201
Arch-Supremacy Member

BS!!!!....stop trying to deceive ppl here about your blood test results......

you have been window dressing your blood test results by goin on a restrictive diet days/weeks before the blood test to game the result.....and after bragging about it here.......then go on a "celebratory" bingeing on crap food for months only to repeat the window dressing again on the next test......not only you ownself delude ownself...but you are trying to deceive ppl too.........

if your smlj " n=1 130g liberal carb high fat" diet is really working for you....then why need to "prep" for your blood test?......

not only do you have hpb and diabetes.....u also suffering from mental illness.... so beside polyclinic....u shld also make appt at imh too....
Hahaha! Bingo!

But I guess she’ll deny it as usual!
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #202
Arch-Supremacy Member

on that point

Have you actually read the studies on canola oil? I bet not.

Here’s just 1 of the many that disprove canola oil is disease causing.

https://academic.oup.com/nutritionre.../6/370/1882361

“Canola oil-based diets have been shown to reduce plasma cholesterol levels in comparison with diets containing higher levels of saturated fatty acids. Consumption of canola oil also influences biological functions that affect various other biomarkers of disease risk.”
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:56 AM   #203
Banned

Have you actually read the studies on canola oil? I bet not.

Here’s just 1 of the many that disprove canola oil is disease causing.

https://academic.oup.com/nutritionre.../6/370/1882361

“Canola oil-based diets have been shown to reduce plasma cholesterol levels in comparison with diets containing higher levels of saturated fatty acids. Consumption of canola oil also influences biological functions that affect various other biomarkers of disease risk.”
You are of course at liberty to believe this (rubbish to me n means I disagree here with Prof Phinney from Virta who thinks canola is ok = I Don't follow hook line n sinker your LCHF "charlatans" too nor am I in any cult as such) n to continue with liberal canola oil usage

While I will only ingest canola oil as a No Choice resort when eating outside hawker food as we have switched over to pricier healthy coconut oil [at least mom is not stupid in that respect] n some olive oil butter .....

Last edited by kaypohchee; 15-10-2018 at 12:18 PM..
kaypohchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #204

Still waiting to see if KPC will reply my earlier long post in a coherent fashion. But I suspect she will gloss it over since that's the easy way out.
Ofc she will not, like many of the instances when I debunked her WOTs.
binbinpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #205
Banned

Ofc she will not, like many of the instances when I debunked her WOTs.
What's the point ?

When the "court" or "jury" in edmw here
Is no different from our own leader's
"Ownself clear ownself etc "

Indian can become Malay
This one classic !!!!!!

Mainstream orthodoxy voices too strong here

Fake news or not Fake news
Healthy or unhealthy
LC rubbish or LC Gem
Who decides ????

Last edited by kaypohchee; 15-10-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Old 15-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #206

What's the point ?

When the "court" or "jury" in edmw here
Is no different from our own leader's
"Ownself clear ownself etc "

Indian can become Malay
This one classic !!!!!!
Lol classical example of when one loses a debate or argument on factual grounds, one chooses the easier route of personal attack. Always easier to blame others instead of self reflecting..

Last edited by binbinpon; 15-10-2018 at 12:33 PM..
binbinpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #207

Kaypohchee, this is not rubbish... and I am a living example.

https://nutritionfacts.org/2018/02/0...n-the-kidneys/
Old 15-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #208
Banned

Lol classical example of when one loses a debate or argument on factual grounds, one chooses the easier route of personal attack. Always easier to blame others instead of self reflecting..
Where is the personal attack ??

You can't even differentiate between the Ad Hominems from gkhchay YL mummy1234 etc etc
Old 15-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #209
xiao_bear_bear

I see Instagram got people selling those keto supplements , got use anot?
Old 15-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #210

Libre reading just before lunch... I had a small pack of Meiji Hello Panda biscuits at 11:30am cos I was feeling too cold.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.