HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ketogenic diets are, however, a well-established way to help control Type 2 diabetes

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

The guy is Professor and he had been doing it for 6 years.
being professor does not mean he's right. We also have professor who drove his maserati on the wrong side of the road to get even with a van.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Ya weight decrease but cholesterol level through the roof.
Not unless you are a Hyper Responder

I used and am STILL using the LC (not keto) woe to maintain my healthy blood test readings including Cholesterol n hbA1C
Polyclinic doc who is himself doing LCHF says "Carry On !"
kaypohchee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

The guy is Professor and he had been doing it for 6 years.
I’m sure he had success with keto but just because he’s a professor doesn’t make him an authority on this.

Also examples like his are just anecdotal evidence which research doesn’t accept.

At the end of the day, there are so ways to reverse diabetes not just keto.

Personally although at 61, I’m in the pink of health I like to experiment with such fad diets to see their effects on me body composition wise.

Unfortunately keto wasn’t my cup of tea. During the initial fat adaptation period I got extremely tired and incessant leg cramps even though my magnesium intake was more than adequate. But the worst part of it was that I lost a lot of weight & most of it was lean muscle mass. So that was the end of my keto experiment.

You can see my pics when on keto and not on keto which I’ve posted in the slimming thread:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...69502-433.html
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #19

Not unless you are a Hyper Responder

I used and am STILL using the LC (not keto) woe to maintain my healthy blood test readings including Cholesterol n hbA1C
Polyclinic doc who is himself doing LCHF says "Carry On !"
Good for you. I've heard of many cases of people thinking keto diet = eat all the fatty food (KBBQ, bacon, etc etc.) 3 meals daily and end up having high cholesterol. I think main point here is to control and eat the fats in moderation.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #20

Good for you. I've heard of many cases of people thinking keto diet = eat all the fatty food (KBBQ, bacon, etc etc.) 3 meals daily and end up having high cholesterol. I think main point here is to control and eat the fats in moderation.
Yes . Eating lchf also mean healthy eating . The fats refer to healthy fats and not junk .
Devilman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #21
High Supremacy Member

Yup cavemen only eat proteins from animals.
But they never tell you the cavemen also ran, climb, kills and carry the hunted animals. The exercise that cavemen do is also very tough.
whatmeworry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

actually is quite obvious why keto diets work

don't eat sugar, then less sugar ends up in blood, then diabetes will be better controlled lor

is so easy
Geylang Prawn Seller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #23

fark all the non-believers EDMWer. Last time i was Ketogenic diet and gymmed 3 times a week. Easily lose 2kg / week.

You don't believe the effectiveness of Ketogenic diet is your problem. Your loss that's all.
neoslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

Yes . Eating lchf also mean healthy eating . The fats refer to healthy fats and not junk .
Exactly HF = Healthy Fats !!!!

1st thing
No matter doing Whatever Diet or woe
To cut out or reduce as much unhealthy CRAP fake food PUFA veg seed oil as possible
Old 09-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't bother with gkhchay lah

Former LCHFer who had previously used LCHF to avoid getting T2D etc but turned Biggest LCHF-Hater when some of his clients he coached ran into problems with doing keto (which I highly suspect was due to not reducing certain meds when starting on keto ie Blaming a Good Tool due to essentially User Error or Misapplication there)

Not everyone requires strict keto
Some like me do fine on just (Liberal) Low Carb of 130g carbs daily limit most days !!!!

Also great one to use Ad Hominem insults etc with bth Holier than Thou standing in judgment Taunts n Ridiculing just like the Vegan Troll YL !!!

Actually very interesting n telling a person's innate character etc ....
Oh please, you don’t have any credibility at all. All your LCHF WOTs have been demolished thru & thru.

Besides you’re eating tons of crap as can be seen in your recipe thread. But the biggest joke is that you’re STILL on diabetic and hypertension medications + you don’t exercise. And that’s what you call healthy?

So please spare us the your supposedly success with LCHF/keto because you have none.
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #26

Yup cavemen only eat proteins from animals.
But they never tell you the cavemen also ran, climb, kills and carry the hunted animals. The exercise that cavemen do is also very tough.
Ya man . I try the best diet without exercise my body still canít make it . Got to keep forcing myself to exercise ....
Devilman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

actually is quite obvious why keto diets work

don't eat sugar, then less sugar ends up in blood, then diabetes will be better controlled lor

is so easy
hallelujah

You are able to see the LC Light !!!!!

Oooops ....that does sound somewhat cultish
But couldn't resist hahaha
Old 09-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

hallelujah

You are able to see the LC Light !!!!!
got video from one of the more vocal keto docs!

Geylang Prawn Seller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Oh please, you don’t have any credibility at all. All your LCHF WOTs have been demolished thru & thru.

Besides you’re eating tons of crap as can be seen in your recipe thread. But the biggest joke is that you’re STILL on diabetic and hypertension medications + you don’t exercise. And that’s what you call healthy?

So please spare us the your supposedly success with LCHF/keto because you have none.
Believe what you want to lor

My LCHF doctor encourages my LC form of eating as it WORKS for me despite your Hate Statements lor !!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

It is pretty hard to throw out all the carbo unless you are preparing all your meals.
And you will be drinking tea or water when you meet up with your friends for meal.
Can be done lah
No need to be anal about LC
Just tweak accordingly to circumstances n setting lah

Like me today
My IF=Intermittent Fasting was prolonged to after 3.30pm 1st Meal making it 20+ : 3+ IF today

As not being a hot day mom returned home with my healthy LC Fish Soup lunch only at 3.30pm with her extended Stare at the World Passing her by as she ate her HC lunch (HC being Hawker Centre n also Higher Carb with mom's must have Carb Staple whether rice or noodles) after her usual morning marketing trip etc ....

So my 1st Meal is a combined healthy Lunch-Tea too with a bowl of collagen-rich nutritious not-so-sweet Sweet Soup (which definitely helps with mom's dementia etc as she now remembers my LC lunch requests n she has also these few days taken back some of the cooking too etc)

LC Fish Soup lunch + Nutritious Collagen Rich not-so-sweet Sweet Soup

Last edited by kaypohchee; 09-10-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.