HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ketogenic diets are, however, a well-established way to help control Type 2 diabetes

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #46

Cut the crap KPC ..

ADA acknowledged that LC diet works in controlling the sugar for first 3 months, and effects taper significantly after for the next 2 years.

In fact ADA stated that Mediterranean diet's effect at controlling sugar appears the best among all other options.

Diets like DASH, mediterranean are way safer and sustainable for diabetics..

Why choose an inferior product fraught with dangers like keto?

Last edited by binbinpon; 09-10-2018 at 06:05 PM..
binbinpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #47
Great Supremacy Member

fark all the non-believers EDMWer. Last time i was Ketogenic diet and gymmed 3 times a week. Easily lose 2kg / week.

You don't believe the effectiveness of Ketogenic diet is your problem. Your loss that's all.
And sounding like this dun mske things more believeable

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
BeaRzwalken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:11 PM   #48
Banned

Cut the crap KPC ..

ADA acknowledged that LC diet works in controlling the sugar for first 3 months, and effects taper significantly after for the next 2 years.

In fact ADA stated that Mediterranean diet's effect at controlling sugar appears the best among all other options.

Diets like DASH, mediterranean are way safer and sustainable for diabetics..

Why choose an inferior product fraught with dangers like keto?
1 small step at a time bah - coming from ADA !!!
Don't expect to move mountains there ..

I can say that your short-sighted thinking :
1. LC is not inferior
2. "Dangers" as such only due to User Error etc as the LC principles are ONLY logical n sound !!!!!

Regarding the SAFETY [ie NOT at all fraught with dangers] of keto

Read Peter Attia below https://peterattiamd.com/ketosis-adv...-state-part-i/

One other housekeeping issue: Ketosis versus DKA?

In a separate post, I explained the difference between nutritional ketosis (NK) and diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). If this distinction is not clear, I’d suggest giving this separate post a quick skim for a refresher. DKA is a pathologic (i.e., harmful) state that results from the complete or near absence of insulin. This occurs in the setting of type 1 diabetes or very end-stage type 2 diabetes, and often as the result of a physiologic insult (e.g., an infection) where the patient is not receiving sufficient insulin to bring glucose into his cells. A person with a normal pancreas, regardless of how long he fasts (including the fellow I reference above who fasted for 382 days!) or how much he restricts carbohydrates, can not enter DKA because even a trace amount of insulin will keep B-OHB levels below about 7 or 8 mM, well below the threshold to develop the pathologic acid-base abnormalities associated with DKA. Let me reiterate, it is physiologically impossible to induce DKA in anyone that does not have T1D or very, very, very late-stage T2D with pancreatic “burnout.”

Last edited by kaypohchee; 12-10-2018 at 09:42 PM..
kaypohchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #49

1.Not keto-lchf only Liberal 130g LC

2. I prefer to be STILL able to enjoy life with some "processed starchy crap" n YET hv my Cake AND to eat it too being able to maintain good Blood Test Readings n hbA1C --------> obviously what I'm doing WORKS here !!!!

My most proud achievement in the Convincing Mom department was in getting stingy her Switched Over to pricier Coconut Oil from unhealthy PUFA Veg Seed Oils - in end-2016 after my research etc ....

Sadly tho' this switch came Too Late as mom was already beginning her Early Onset Dementia ....IF ONLY that realisation took place say 10 years Earlier then she could have avoided being afflicted with Dementia sighzzzzzzzz

Which means IF I had been aware of the benefits of the LC woe say 20-30 years back instead of only in 2016
Both of us would have avoided getting hit in the 1st place with these Metabolic Chronic ills too
You know that someone is beyond cure she she defends her diet and say nothing when someone calls her mum stupid
peterpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

She can tank so many fract points but still haven't banned yet proves that her diet indeed works in some way.
testerjp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #51
Master Member

I just wanna say
The reason why I stick to LC diet is because it’s almost impossible for me to get fat again
I feel energetic, very focused. My personal experience.
It’s hard to gain muscle I agree, but I didn’t lose muscle like what grandpa experienced. Peace
Old 09-10-2018, 06:30 PM   #52

1 small step at a time bah - coming from ADA !!!
Don't expect to move mountains there ..

I can say that your short-sighted thinking :
1. LC is not inferior
2. "Dangers" as such only due to User Error etc as the LC principles are ONLY logical n sound !!!!!
KPC likes to quote small lines from ADA and yet refuse to accept ADA conclusions and recomendations, like many of the other studies (PURE??) .... typical cherrypicking behaviour.

haha KPC is saying that one day if you get into life threatening complications of keto diet such as ketoacidosis, it is your own fault and not the diet itself.

Sound logic indeed...

Reminds me of the carnivore keto poster boy Shawn Baker becoming a diabetic after taking LC carnivore diet, giving all crap and pathetic excuses.

Nice one, KPC
Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #53
Supremacy Member

Eat keto diet will become ah siao like kpc?
maniamcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #54
Banned

You know that someone is beyond cure she she defends her diet and say nothing when someone calls her mum stupid
why bother to defend someone's lies n twisted perceptions concerning my mom etc

E.g. Both that troll YL n now Holier than Thou gkhchay too keep maligning me over my mom

As if I want to keep on wasting precious time n energy trying to change a Closed Evil Twisted Mind that Cannot n Won't be changed meh ?
Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #55

The 1st step to prolonging my life is not to see WOT

나연 정연 모모 사나 지효 미나 다현 채영 쯔위
YES or YES | BDZ

TVB Dramas | List of Dramas | PL 2018/19 Fixtures | F1 2018 | S.H.E Fanclub
\_(ツ)_/
Ottoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:33 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

You’re not even on keto kpc, stop cheating yourself. 1kg carbs per day is not low carbs
binbinpon likes this.
*Pickle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #57
Banned

I just wanna say
The reason why I stick to LC diet is because it’s almost impossible for me to get fat again
I feel energetic, very focused. My personal experience.
It’s hard to gain muscle I agree, but I didn’t lose muscle like what grandpa experienced. Peace
Great !!!!

But these stubborn close minds will choose to believe ONLY "studies" although already pointed out many of these are just pure BS (except for maybe PURE)

Even if you have 2 Million N=1 anecdotes all of these are made up n useless to these narrow minds
Old 09-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #58
Greater Supremacy Member

cavemen what's their lifespan? 40? 50?

... (⊙_⊙) ... ... (⚆_⚆) ... ... (。◕‿‿◕。) ... ... (ಠ_ಠ) ... ... (ಥ_ಥ) ...

mocax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #59

She can tank so many fract points but still haven't banned yet proves that her diet indeed works in some way.
Maybe her diet helps in thickening skin.

Hey KPC, may I suggest your cult to invest in aesthetic medicine instead? It sure is a lucrative pot, more so then selling misguided info worldwide.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #60
Banned

You’re not even on keto kpc, stop cheating yourself. 1kg carbs per day is not low carbs
I NEVER claim to be on keto

All along since Sep 2016 I hv been doing Liberal LC with the 130g carbs daily limit most days

Kindly show me that 1kg carbs per day pls
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.