HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ketogenic diets are, however, a well-established way to help control Type 2 diabetes

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #61
High Honorary Member

Hchfhv most satki.

High carb, high fat, high vegetables better

Sent from Sony F3216 using GAGT
CSNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #62
Banned

Maybe her diet helps in thickening skin.

Hey KPC, may I suggest your cult to invest in aesthetic medicine instead? It sure is a lucrative pot, more so then selling misguided info worldwide.
Wallow in shame in YOUR thick skin when the LC woe really gets acknowledged to be safe n not misguided info etc etc etc as it WILL in due course

It took MANY years to right the Great Cholesterol Myth
Same too will occur for the LC/LCHF/keto woe

Mummy1234 starting on the aesthetic medicine

(Altho' I STILL hv uncompleted pkgs at 2 of such aesthetic places - stopped going for now as didn't want to be pestered/badgered into signing up for more - told them will only buy IF lucky enough to tio Top TOTO as officially no income n retired ...)
kaypohchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #63
Banned

Hchfhv most satki.

High carb, high fat, high vegetables better

Sent from Sony F3216 using GAGT
HC with HF = very dangerous worst combination
Even lurkerdoc will say that
Old 09-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #64
Supremacy Member

I just reduce my carb consumption .
Only at night eat one bowl of rice 🍚, I just changed my diet last week already reduced 1kg Liao. I exercise 5 days a week

HC with HF = very dangerous worst combination
Even lurkerdoc will say that
YouHeypiCanLiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #65
Master Member

Those who claim to be doctors, why do you continue to cast pearls before swine?

Just let them attain kidney failure and die from shock since they will continue on this diet even under dialysis.
SGuy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #66
Banned

I just reduce my carb consumption .
Only at night eat one bowl of rice 🍚, I just changed my diet last week already reduced 1kg Liao. I exercise 5 days a week
By reducing your rice
You are consciously reducing your carbs
Ie doing Low(er) Carb

Of course
With exercise even better the fat burning !!!
Old 09-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

I NEVER claim to be on keto

All along since Sep 2016 I hv been doing Liberal LC with the 130g carbs daily limit most days

Kindly show me that 1kg carbs per day pls
Seems like I’ve misunderstood you. Sorry kpc
*Pickle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #68
Banned

Those who claim to be doctors, why do you continue to cast pearls before swine?

Just let them attain kidney failure and die from shock since they will continue on this diet even under dialysis.
I will post later a reported actual published case that I read in the early hours this morning where INSTEAD of worse renal outcomes a T2D patient on Low Carb managed to achieve even BETTER results in not having to end up with the expected Dialysis !!!!

I really hope there will be funding for an RCT here - as that will save so many T2Ds etc from dialysis !!!!

Need to be on laptop to post link etc ...

It should be good enough to shut the naysayers up but it is still NOT a study Sighzzzzz

Last edited by kaypohchee; 09-10-2018 at 08:13 PM..
Old 09-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #69
Banned

Seems like I’ve misunderstood you. Sorry kpc
That's alright - thanks !!!!
Old 10-10-2018, 02:26 AM   #70
Banned

got video from one of the more vocal keto docs!

[YOUTUBE]trBTZe4q45o[YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBTZe4q45o
"A very basic question to ask is Can Diabetics Eat a Ketogenic Diet? The answer is absolutely yes! If you want to reverse your Type 2 Diabetes you must eat the ketogenic way. Both the standard american diet and the diet recommended by the American Diabetes Association will make your diabetes WORSE.

This is one of the lectures I gave on the 2018 Keto101 Cruise. It is longer than my usual videos, but I think you will find some useful info here."

Oh yes Dr Ken Berry uses keto to treat T2D etc
but surely falls among the 'LCHF Charlatans' label that the Anti-LCHF Camp loves to pin on them
He has a series of shorter videos too

Just 2 of the recent interesting comments below [but NOT a "Study" as n=1 so not worth believing or looking into etc] :

majorB1147 Baxt
15 hours ago
I’m so glad I started Keto. I was a type 2 diabetic. However, after doing Keto for a few months, my doctor took me off of Metformin. She also took me off of my cholesterol medication and reduced my blood pressure medication to 5 mg a day. I was about 330 lbs when I started Keto and I’m 273 now. I went from a 48 inch waist to a 40 inch waist. Keto for life!!!

Keto N Koffee with Marjorie
19 hours ago
I cant imagine anyone with diabetes not already finding keto. I would be searching day and night if I thought I would have to go on insulin. I know people trust their docs advice but wow, thats scary. Great talk doc! xoxoMarjorie
Old 10-10-2018, 02:34 AM   #71
High Supremacy Member

actually is quite obvious why keto diets work

don't eat sugar, then less sugar ends up in blood, then diabetes will be better controlled lor

is so easy
Sugar does breed alot of virus , but we need sugar to produce energy too
Goodshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:46 AM   #72
High Supremacy Member

in b4 asians must eat rice if not die
MiG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:48 AM   #73
Banned

fark all the non-believers EDMWer. Last time i was Ketogenic diet and gymmed 3 times a week. Easily lose 2kg / week.

You don't believe the effectiveness of Ketogenic diet is your problem. Your loss that's all.
(Apologies : Need a little WOT for meaningful discussion & explanation ...)

This explains why bah - from Dr Ted Naiman

Hmmm below ALSO explains WHY my IF=Intermittent Fasting depletes the glycogen allowing me some leeway in eating some 'unhealthy junk food' too ! So KPC-HATERS stop taunting me on the way I do my Liberal LC which STILL works for me ... IF & OMAD are powerful tactics (even WITHOUT exercise !

Ian Douglas
‏@iannbspdouglas
Feb 7
More
Replying to @tednaiman
What's best way to deplete? I think you are going to say exercise to failure but is fasting a second best way or perhaps a way to augment intense training depletion?

Tᕮᗪ ⚡️ ᑎᗩIᗰᗩᑎ
‏@tednaiman
Feb 7
More
fasting depletes liver glycogen but not muscle glycogen.…exercise depletes muscle glycogen but not liver glycogen — you really want *BOTH*!!!!!!!

Ian
‏@IanStockport
Feb 7
More
Replying to @tednaiman
But remember in Type2 it is the liver fat we care about the most and for that exercise is not needed (low carb works great on its own) and may not be a good option until the person feels ready to be more active

Jeroen Sluiter
‏@jeroen_sluiter
Feb 6
More
Replying to @tednaiman
Does fasting or IF emulate exercise induced glycogen depletion?

Nenet Susa
‏@nenetsrunning
Feb 7
More
It does if you don't eat glucose when re-feeding. 😜

Spoiler!

https://twitter.com/tednaiman/status/961136260420128770

Tᕮᗪ ⚡️ ᑎᗩIᗰᗩᑎ
@tednaiman
Following Following @tednaiman
More
GLYCOGEN DEPLETION INCREASES FAT OXIDATION
————————————————————————

• Deplete glycogen with exhaustive exercise…

• Don’t replace glycogen with dietary carbs…

• Watch fat oxidation go up!

Behold the power of DIET and EXERCISE. 👊🏽

11:15 PM - 6 Feb 2018

Shawnhunter
‏@Shawnhunt1008
Feb 7
More
Replying to @tednaiman
I think the best body I’ve ever had, abs ripped was just fast all day and eat one meal of whatever the hell I want SAD. The ZC people will say it’s all wrong but the fasting combined with the nighttime spike and low cals (due to 1 meal) had me looking & feeling great. Thoughts?

Tᕮᗪ ⚡️ ᑎᗩIᗰᗩᑎ
‏@tednaiman
Feb 7
More
It is a dirty secret but if you do a ton of exercise, only eat one meal a day, and even halfway prioritize protein, you can more or less eat whatever the **** you want.

For examples, see @BradPilon — or even more extreme, check out this guy
https://youtu.be/P3h2JSu33t0

Shawnhunter
‏@Shawnhunt1008
Feb 7
More
I don’t even think you need the exercise is what I’m saying I mean I exercised like twice a week at moderate intensity maybe 30-45 mins each. Also i would say in that one meal I’m usually eating on average about 1500-1800 cals maybe 75-100g worth of protein.
Spoiler!

KetoFitter
‏@FitterKeto
Feb 7
More
Replying to @tednaiman
Great post!! Sorry for this question which may be way too simpleminded and binary!! Would it seem to be the case that bodyfat is targeted for energy only when glycogen is fully depleted and in absence of dietary, recently ingested fat? Appreciate may not be a yes/no!!

Tᕮᗪ ⚡️ ᑎᗩIᗰᗩᑎ
‏@tednaiman
Feb 7
More
definitely yes

Sky King
‏@skyking171717
8h8 hours ago
More
Replying to @tednaiman
Behold the power of gluconeogenesis and EE after a HP, carb-free diet: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19640952
IMO... I think everyone can lose a lot of wt on such a diet alone and it's sufficient for most, unless they want to get under 10-12% body fat then they will also need to exercise.

Tᕮᗪ ⚡️ ᑎᗩIᗰᗩᑎ
‏@tednaiman
2h2 hours ago
More
Making all your glucose from scratch via gluconeogenesis — like a HIT session for your metabolism. 👊🏽 – at Starbucks

Old 10-10-2018, 04:41 AM   #74
Banned

Cut the crap KPC ..

ADA acknowledged that LC diet works in controlling the sugar for first 3 months, and effects taper significantly after for the next 2 years.

In fact ADA stated that Mediterranean diet's effect at controlling sugar appears the best among all other options.

Diets like DASH, mediterranean are way safer and sustainable for diabetics..

Why choose an inferior product fraught with dangers like keto?
See article on this in my Home Cooking thread
Author quotes all relevant parts of that Joint Statement refuting YOUR bias
It is Low Carb Mediterranean btw ...

Also mentioned Moderate Carb did not show benefit at all !!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2018, 05:48 AM   #75
Supremacy Member

I agree that T2D etc etc etc could also be reduced by OTHER alternative forms/ways of eating that basically n primarily eliminate or simply reduce the Bad CRAP refined processed FAKE Foods esp carbs like sugars starches grains n PUFA Veg Oils

But my unwavering firm POV is that the Low Carb Healthy (probably Lowish to Modersate Fat depending on your particular body needs n condition etc) Fat woe(=way of eating) IS simply THE most LOGICAL n HEALTHIEST woe - just apply some sheer logic n basic science !!!!

The ONLY macro that is Non-Essential to the human body is Carbs (since it can make its own carbs if really really needed from other macros)

AND Carbs in Excessive levels esp sugars or glucose CAN create/cause IR=Insulin Resistance or Inflammation the basic starting point for all the Metabolic Chronic Conditions such as obesity T2D HBP etc etc etc even some metabolic cancers Alzheimer's Parkinson's (+ brain-mental related conditions like Depression Psychotic Disorders rampant in esp Vegans too)

If you don't burn off excess carbs through exercise or an LC Low Carb woe you are simply heading for trouble - as simple as that !!!!

No rocket science required in understanding basic science n sheer logic !!!!!
Excellent write up

First time reading about the dangers of PUFAs. Next goal is to avoid PUFA oils which are most damaging
Darwinson is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.