HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ketogenic diets are, however, a well-established way to help control Type 2 diabetes

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #91

https://peterattiamd.com/ketosis-adv...-state-part-i/

i only respect Dr Peter Attia M.D

the rest are pseudoscientists
Interesting. I've had my reservations considering his work with Virtahealth and NuSi but it seems like his view especially in more recent posts is actually rather moderate, even "mainstream" one might say.

I read the transcript of his recent podcast with Dave Feldman where he essentially took apart Feldman's model and called out the rabidly-pro sections of the low carb community for their confirmation bias.

Have to give credit where credit is due.
Lurkerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #92
Supremacy Member

I doubt anyone notice your absence or miss your presence in this forum, to warrant such a detailing of your day's event here.

KPC : Errmm .... got expired merged parody thread on my absence earlier after my 2nd Ban hor
ALSO both testerjp and that Vegan Lying Troll YL are "fixated" on me too starting several threads on me .....

Anyway, do continue to contribute meaningful and quality findings (less the WOT) on ketogenic diets in this thread.

I believe most of us aren't really interested in your daily activities. Keep the juicy details to your own blog for your admirers and keen followers. Very much appreciated.

Posted from PCWX using My Intellectual Brain
I included such details n context to rebut peterpater

ALSO to offer likely genetic explanation for my needing to have the Last Word .... Clinging on to my Beliefs stubbornly n faithfully in the absence of any evidence to the contrary etc ....

(But surely the amount n pace both in quantity n quality Slowed Down considerably bah without me to argue or fight there ...Hahahaha)

Last edited by kaypohchee; 11-10-2018 at 10:46 PM..
kaypohchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #93

https://peterattiamd.com/ketosis-adv...-state-part-i/

i only respect Dr Peter Attia M.D

the rest are pseudoscientists
This is an example of a good quality post from LC camp.

KPC Learn from others , instead of putting blatant misinfo in the net.
binbinpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #94
High Supremacy Member

They still died early.

Sent from my Landed property using GAGT
They died early due to disease and parasites. Caveman don't brush teeth. Don't shower with soap and water. Don't have shampoo. We started to live longer not because there are medical advances but also advances in hygiene.

Point to note is from photos. Photographs of native Americans have poorer teeth. Hair don't look good etc.

If you don't keep your teeth clean, lose teeth. Cannot eat. Starve. Die. Just ask a koala.

They didn't die from a bad diet. We are dying from bad diet.
genie47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #95
High Supremacy Member

Another thing to note, infant mortality in stone age times is very high. This will also effectively pull down the life expectancy. Last time high SES or not you pump full tank because that kid that was conceived has a high chance dying right after birth. It remained like this until just after the Industrial Revolution.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:43 PM   #96
Master Member

I don't know ..But just follow Japanese or Hong Kong diet and lifestyle if want to live long

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7335321.html

Or is the point to be healthy and die young? Too many of this cancer feed on sugar / carbs and all the eat this good or bad.

Research must have enough sample size .. I haven't seen that yet. That after studying millions of people, more than 90% managed to reduce whatever it is supposed to do.

Bottom line - everything in moderation. The worse thing you can do is not enough life and still die of cancer or what ever illness or accident.
mp4005 help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #97
Supremacy Member

This is an example of a good quality post from LC camp.

KPC Learn from others , instead of putting blatant misinfo in the net.
Of course you Anti-LCHF or Haters etc will ALWAYS hve that prejudice there and call anything as Blatant Misinfo & such lor

Just hv PATIENCE
For MORE LC RCTs/Studies to Reverse all those misconceptions & prejudice

eg HOW can anyone DISS or NOT be convinced by the results/data from Virtahealth or award-winning UK GP Dr David Unwin @lowcarbGP ????

But I'm ALREADY convinced that LC/LCHF is only good/beneficial & that fact is NOT any "Blatant Misinfo" too !!!!

I see so much more rubbish from the Non-LC Camp instead
eg the Vegan Propaganda & the "Mediterranean ??" Diet Hype ....
the Saturated Fat is unhealthy/harmful Myth etc .....

For you binbinpon esp from Journal of Clinical Epidemiology - (2018) -
https://www.jclinepi.com/article/S08...17)31375-6/pdf

Controversy and debate: memory-based methods paper 1: the fatal flaws
of food frequency questionnaires and other memory-based dietary
assessment methods

What is new?

- Current confusion over ‘what to eat’ and controversies
on the putative health effects of dietary
sugar, fat, salt, and cholesterol are
not driven by legitimates
differences in scientific inference from
valid data, but were engendered by five-decades
of deeply flawed, demonstrably misleading, and
largely pseudoscientific epidemiologic reports
based on memory-based (self-reported) dietary
assessment methods

- The use of memory-based methods is founded
upon two logical fallacies: a ‘category error’ and
reification (i.e., the fallacy of misplaced
concreteness).

- Memory-based methods do not measure dietary
intake; these methods collect reported memories
of perceptions of dietary intake. These data are
irrelevant to the physiologic effects of consumed
foods and beverages and diet-disease relations.

- Statistical analyses of impermissibly transformed
(i.e., reified) perceptions of dietary intake led to a
fictional dietary discourse with significant public
health consequences.

-Memory-based methods are pseudo-scientific and
should not be used to inform public policy or
establish the Dietary Guidelines for Americans

Last edited by kaypohchee; 11-10-2018 at 11:07 PM..
Old 11-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #98
Supremacy Member

They still died early.

Sent from my Landed property using GAGT
I don't think they died of metabolic related disease..
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 PM   #99
Supremacy Member

I don't know ..But just follow Japanese or Hong Kong diet and lifestyle if want to live long

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7335321.html

Or is the point to be healthy and die young? Too many of this cancer feed on sugar / carbs and all the eat this good or bad.

Research must have enough sample size .. I haven't seen that yet. That after studying millions of people, more than 90% managed to reduce whatever it is supposed to do.

Bottom line - everything in moderation. The worse thing you can do is not enough life and still die of cancer or what ever illness or accident.
Singapore is quite on the top fo longevity. Glad our hawker fare are keeping us living longer.. Tomorrow, char kuay teow again..
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #100
Supremacy Member

They died early due to disease and parasites. Caveman don't brush teeth. Don't shower with soap and water. Don't have shampoo. We started to live longer not because there are medical advances but also advances in hygiene.

Point to note is from photos. Photographs of native Americans have poorer teeth. Hair don't look good etc.

If you don't keep your teeth clean, lose teeth. Cannot eat. Starve. Die. Just ask a koala.

They didn't die from a bad diet. We are dying from bad diet.
Yes some truth in that [applying lateral thinking etc]

As tonight read a tweet with the link to this
https://www.newswise.com/articles/view/701612/?sc=mwhn

Periodontal disease bacteria may kick-start Alzheimer’s

UIC researchers study effects of oral bacteria on brain health in mice

Carey Haug
‏@haug_carey
1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @DrEades @FatEmperor
Dr Dale Bredesen discusses this link in The End of Alzheimer’s. He recommends eliminating sweets and starches as well as excellent oral hygiene.

Last edited by kaypohchee; 11-10-2018 at 10:55 PM..
Old 11-10-2018, 11:04 PM   #101
High Supremacy Member

Yes some truth in that [applying lateral thinking etc]

As tonight read a tweet with the link to this
https://www.newswise.com/articles/view/701612/?sc=mwhn

Periodontal disease bacteria may kick-start Alzheimerís

UIC researchers study effects of oral bacteria on brain health in mice

Carey Haug
‏@haug_carey
1h1 hour ago
More
Replying to @DrEades @FatEmperor
Dr Dale Bredesen discusses this link in The End of Alzheimerís. He recommends eliminating sweets and starches as well as excellent oral hygiene.
No that doesnít mean every damn bacteria in your body is bad. Here is a good reason why you donít shower twice or more a day even if it is hot. Shower as in soap off the bugs. You need the bugs. They are our friends. Our microflora. Our microbiome. There are some theories that propose they are the ones controlling us. We are their zombies!

Stephen J Gould is correct to say we are not living the age of humans. Or there was the age of dinosaurs. It has always been the age of bacteria since life began on this planet.

On another note the bacteria wage a war since the beginning of life on this plant against their arch enemies, the phages. Fascinating in itself with this evolutionary arms race that is happening under our...no even in our noses.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #102
Arch-Supremacy Member

Glanced thr this thread briefly.

Actually what surprised me most is kpc mum is 80+, has slight dementia but she is still out buying lunch for kpc??
.笨 小 孩. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:55 PM   #103
Supremacy Member

Glanced thr this thread briefly.

Actually what surprised me most is kpc mum is 80+, has slight dementia but she is still out buying lunch for kpc??
Mom is only 79+

Mom has her own set stubborn 'routines'
She goes to the market every morning (barring rain etc) afterwhich she will go NUA (watch the world pass by) at the HC=Hawker Centre and have her lunch and when she feels ready to leave she'll THEN get my lunch (if she doesn't 'forget' which she has done a few times too) tarpaued back

She does NOT want me accompanying her to the market nor the HC as SHE wants to be the one in control [over what to buy at both the market and the HC] as I tend to get more pricier meat etc ....
She WANTS to do it THIS way .... so be it lor as not worth arguing over this

Even the Memory Clinic doc 'backed off' at fierce fiery mom
When mom loudly n flatly REFUSED the doc's advice for Physiotherapy & Social Interaction Classes like Cooking/Singing etc to improve her knee joint pain etc & dementia - even with me encouraging her on there etc ....
You CAN'T force mom into doing something she doesn't want to

That gkhchay talks sheer nonsense with his "Just Get It Done"
The only way would be to Knock Mom Out First then Tie Her Up and Bundle her off to the Physiotherapy or Class etc
NOT at all feasible or makes sense isn't it ?

Last edited by kaypohchee; 12-10-2018 at 12:25 AM..
Old 12-10-2018, 12:02 AM   #104

So KPC are you saying PURE study is deceit (like your deceitful assertion of ARIC study) because it uses memory based methods such as questionnaires?

Good .... so Pure's finding of saturated fat's non association with total mortality is also false ... all the LCHF camp talking about saturated fat being healthy are equally deceitful.

End of discussion.

Tks KPC. As usual, you are posting things without critical thinking. Are you driving people away from LC? .... lol

I have always acknowledged recall bias in questionnaire methods but that alone does not make a study totally flawed, rather it is a limitation. Large scale studies uses questionaires because of logistic issues. Imagine the resources needed to conduct a trial for 100,000 people. Instead of writing these posts with little purpose, you should write to your LC cult leaders to invest more resources in creating large scale research with good evidence, than doing double standard criticisms of mainstream medicine.

Last edited by binbinpon; 12-10-2018 at 12:40 AM..
binbinpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #105

I included such details n context to rebut peterpater

ALSO to offer likely genetic explanation for my needing to have the Last Word .... Clinging on to my Beliefs stubbornly n faithfully in the absence of any evidence to the contrary etc ....

(But surely the amount n pace both in quantity n quality Slowed Down considerably bah without me to argue or fight there ...Hahahaha)
You are rebutting nothing because there is nothing to rebutt. Itís is not an opinion of mine, it is a factual observation. You are defend a fad diet vehemently, but when someone calls your mother stupid, you did not raise an issue or say a single word. Come on now!
peterpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.