HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

National Steps Challenge™ Season 4 is here! Collect FREE heart-rate monitoring fitness tracker!

Like Tree855Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #6856

sometime I wonder pangsai can increase heartbeat anot...

Sent from EDMW.Life using GAGT
Raises blood pressure, but no noticeable change to heartrate
Old 16-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #6857

No need.....new one!
many thanks!
Old 16-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #6858
High Supremacy Member

actually is the moderate & vigorous level on the tracker dependent on a person's age or is the same for everyone?
coz i think some senior citizen have difficulty reaching these 2 level?
By right should be dependent on a person age
Old 16-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #6859
High Supremacy Member

so points and distance cover will only start to count from day one of season 4 onwards ?
Yup that right, can only start to earn HP when the new season start on 27 oct
Old 16-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #6860

By right should be dependent on a person age
The tracker should be configured to set trigger moderate level alert according to the user's age bracket. Now it defaults to standard 120bpm. The difference is about 12bpm between the age groups so maybe hpb deems it negligible so they won't bother.
Old 16-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #6861
Master Member

There are many ways.. i tried putting the tracker on baby leg and it will work cause their heart rate is faster..

so only running will do?

cant possibly walk at a pace that elevates the heartbeat above 100.

or is there a better way?
Old 16-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #6862
Arch-Supremacy Member

There are many ways.. i tried putting the tracker on baby leg and it will work cause their heart rate is faster..
shave ur dog and let it wear better
Old 16-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #6863

iirc, the previous years, need to bring old watch to exchange for the new watch.

Is it the same for this year or dont have to bring old watch to exchange this year?

TIA
Don't need one to one exchange.
Old 16-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #6864
Master Member

Later the dog bite the tracker.. haha..

shave ur dog and let it wear better
Old 16-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #6865
Supremacy Member

Leg also can?

Tbh dunno how the elderly can complete the hr thing one easily. Really have to brisk walk for the figure to go 110-120+ constantly.
Old 16-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #6866

First timer, how to register and make collection at singpost?

Any links to register? thanks
Old 16-10-2018, 08:21 PM   #6867

I am monitoring my heartbeat for the past week since collecting it. I may just give up on this tracker as I hardly hit the minimum for my age. Despite being engaged in sports, seems like the tempo of my game hardly raised anything despite perspiring and wet through.

I wonder how effective it is. Have been watching the tracker when I play games and then... so disappointing... most time, It falls below the M level, sometimes below 90. then came the surprise. after my game while walking around, the tracker registered 132......

Even then, its only for mere seconds... or 1 minute.... how to sustain?

Wonder what happen or something affects the measuring. ... if this continues, I think I would just stop wearing the tracker.... also... it really get into my way when I work on my laptop.
Old 16-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #6868

First timer, how to register and make collection at singpost?

Any links to register? thanks
New participants must go roadshow.
https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/37/NSC#roadshow

• New participants who show up at SingPost before 29 Oct 2018 will be turned away even with a valid booking confirmation.
Appointment booking for new participants will be available from 29 Oct 2018 onwards.
https://cprmsadfs.hpb.gov.sg/HPBOnli...program=nsc4sp
Old 16-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #6869

I am monitoring my heartbeat for the past week since collecting it. I may just give up on this tracker as I hardly hit the minimum for my age. Despite being engaged in sports, seems like the tempo of my game hardly raised anything despite perspiring and wet through.

I wonder how effective it is. Have been watching the tracker when I play games and then... so disappointing... most time, It falls below the M level, sometimes below 90. then came the surprise. after my game while walking around, the tracker registered 132......

Wonder what happen or something affects the measuring. ... if this continues, I think I would just stop wearing the tracker.... also... it really get into my way when I work on my laptop.
Are you using Tempo 2 or Careeach HR?

I am still using last season’s Tempo HR because I dun have time to go roadshows to collect the season 4 tracker yet. And even with the Tempo HR, i sometimes get the same problem as you do. My tracker also tend to record higher heart rate after I stop moving. It appears i need to run hard, stop, get moderate/vigorous heart rate recorded before i repeat the whole cycle again
Old 16-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #6870

Everyone is still waiting for hpb to update the app for the heart rate sync. I expect the app will compute the correct mvpa based on age. (220 – Your Age = Maximum Heart Rate, 64% x Maximum Heart Rate = MVPA). The tracker's mvpa alert seems to register moderate level at default bpm of 120+ which may not apply to more elderly folks.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.