LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #5971
Supremacy Member

Nothing is fated in this world.
Then why is qian so accurate

~Dragonite~ likes this.
chekchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #5972

Can anyone tell me whr to find a Guan Yin medium in singapore? Really need one now tks.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Bobocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #5973

Hi Natch,

I'm a godchild of duayapek, realised I knew nothing about him. Recently am interested in knowing about dyp, what he does, what's his role now, etc.

Im a godchild of dyp because he was the one who given me life when my parents prayed for a girl everywhere. I understand that dyp is from hell.. so does that mean I owe hell? Will I be more unlucky in general because of that?

My family attended a religious event where we prayed together with a "living-god" from tibet. That day they gave out the buddhist string and helped all of us tie it on the wrist. All the person who got it, dropped it or was loose by end of first week. I am the only one that still has it since 5 years ago. I kept thinking, is it because I needed this protection that's why the string is fated to be with me to protect me?

Don't know if I am asking at the right place, but I have sleep paralysis very regularly ever since my brother (god-child of guanyin) moved out of our shared room. My mom just explained that is because couples, siblings all are indebted to one another. So while we are sharing a room, I am using his 'luck' which kept me from having night paralysis. I understand people believe there is a scientific reason for such, but coming from a religious family, I can't deny there might be spiritual cause to it. To quickly explain night paralysis (NP), there will be a vibrating feeling around your body before entering into NP. When I was stuck in my NP, I tried to chant the basic Amituofo. But the feeling got worse. So I am not sure if the spirit (if there is) is afraid or trying ask me to back off chanting?

The deities select as their godchildren people whom they see as being in need of extra TLC. Perhaps the person might be sickly, or prone to being disturbed by evil spirits. Godchild status is rarely lifelong, if ever. When the person improves to the point where they can fend for themselves, their godchild status comes to an end. But this does not imply total abandonment.
How does one know if we are their god-child or when we are released? I only knew I'm dyp god-child only because my parents told me.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
flyingeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 12:07 AM   #5974
Banned

My family attended a religious event where we prayed together with a "living-god" from tibet. That day they gave out the buddhist string and helped all of us tie it on the wrist. All the person who got it, dropped it or was loose by end of first week. I am the only one that still has it since 5 years ago. I kept thinking, is it because I needed this protection that's why the string is fated to be with me to protect me?
The impression I get is that those who dropped their strings or lost them were unworthy of their protection and therefore could not keep it.

You on the other hand appear to be the opposite.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 12:09 AM   #5975
Banned

Hi Natch, I'm a godchild of duayapek, realised I knew nothing about him. Recently am interested in knowing about dyp, what he does, what's his role now, etc.
Tua Ya Pek is a ghostly death god of Chinese folk religion. He is a spiritual policeman, who ultimately serves the Hell Judges but is outsourced by them to work for the City God, the local spiritual magistrate on this earth. He subdues evil spirits and collects the souls of the newly dead.

Originally a Song Dynasty police officer known as Xie Bi An, he died tragically in the line of duty (he hanged himself out of guilt after his friend and fellow policeman, Li Ya Pek, was killed in action) and was deified thereafter as a Hell deity as recognition for being a steadfast upholder of the law.

His pale face with protruding tongue reflects the manner in which he died; the magic fan he carries can draw the soul from the body if waved over a person.

Tua Ya Pek may be a ghost from Hell, but this does not mean he is a creature of ill omen, at least not where good or innocent people are concerned. You owe him nothing; he is an altruistic being who helps deserving people for nothing in return.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 12:10 AM   #5976
Banned

Don't know if I am asking at the right place, but I have sleep paralysis very regularly ever since my brother (god-child of guanyin) moved out of our shared room. My mom just explained that is because couples, siblings all are indebted to one another. So while we are sharing a room, I am using his 'luck' which kept me from having night paralysis. I understand people believe there is a scientific reason for such, but coming from a religious family, I can't deny there might be spiritual cause to it. To quickly explain night paralysis (NP), there will be a vibrating feeling around your body before entering into NP. When I was stuck in my NP, I tried to chant the basic Amituofo. But the feeling got worse. So I am not sure if the spirit (if there is) is afraid or trying ask me to back off chanting?
I wouldn't really put it down to debts or luck, rather to the fact that your brother's presence as Guan Yin's godson acts as a protective influence.

Presumably, Guan Yin's protection helps prevent such episodes, but read on.

Sleep paralysis and actual paranormal experiences can be differentiated by the fact that paranormal experiences have features that persist well after the initial event.

For instance, if you had an instance in which a ghost sat on you, preventing you from waking, then went on to see the ghost outside of the bedroom/sleep setting, I would put the incident down to paranormal activity.

If you did not go on to see or experience anything untoward after the initial sleep related episode, then I would put it down to sleep paralysis.

The trick to sleep paralysis is to not try to fight it when it happens.

Relax and close your eyes, breathing deeply and loosening all your muscles.

The urge to panic can be irresistible, but you must keep yourself in check and just go with the flow.

Before long, it will subside.

How does one know if we are their god-child or when we are released? I only knew I'm dyp god-child only because my parents told me.
Most commonly, the little boy or girl is taken to meet the deity for 'initiation' as a godchild.

Did your parents not do this?

A similar visit then takes place down the track to release the child from the deity's protection.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 12:53 AM   #5977

Can anyone tell me whr to find a Guan Yin medium in singapore? Really need one now tks.
How about going to her temple at Waterloo Street? They do not practise trance mediumship there, but I am sure a visit there will help you in your problem to a certain extent.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
TonyMercifulAttorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 12:56 AM   #5978

The impression I get is that those who dropped their strings or lost them were unworthy of their protection and therefore could not keep it.

You on the other hand appear to be the opposite.
Hmm what if all the rest are more Buddhist devotee than I am? I'm just accompany my parents to go to the event.

Anyways what is sintua? And does Buddhism have anything to do with it or both are unrelevant subjects?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 12:59 AM   #5979

Most commonly, the little boy or girl is taken to meet the deity for 'initiation' as a godchild.

Did your parents not do this?

A similar visit then takes place down the track to release the child from the deity's protection.
I'm not sure if I had any initiation? It could be done when before my first memory as a child.

Does that means that if there is no visit to release child from deity's protection, we are forever protected as their god child?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #5980
Arch-Supremacy Member

I heard before that there is a medium in amk who trance Guan Yin. Dont know the actual address thou

How about going to her temple at Waterloo Street? They do not practise trance mediumship there, but I am sure a visit there will help you in your problem to a certain extent.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 01:05 AM   #5981

If the sons of a family have the ability to be a medium, but all of them does not use that ability, will anything bad happen to them? Will the 2nd generation sons have such ability as well?

1st gen sons are all devotee of Buddhism
2nd gen sons are more like Buddhism in name doesn't really follow or care anything about Buddhism.

What about 2nd gen Daughter who believes in Buddhism? Will she has the ability to be a medium as well?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 07:45 AM   #5982
Banned

If the sons of a family have the ability to be a medium, but all of them does not use that ability, will anything bad happen to them? Will the 2nd generation sons have such ability as well?

1st gen sons are all devotee of Buddhism
2nd gen sons are more like Buddhism in name doesn't really follow or care anything about Buddhism.

What about 2nd gen Daughter who believes in Buddhism? Will she has the ability to be a medium as well?
It doesn't work that way.

Mediumship is a form of penance, with mediums being selected on the basis that (1) they have sins or negative karma to erase and (2) they possess the physical and mental strength to withstand the rigors of trance.

You cannot volunteer to be a medium; if you don't need to pay penance for anything, you will not be selected, full stop.

One can decline their calling, but this means they have to pay for their sins in alternative ways that may be much more dangerous.

And you don't have to be a believer in order to be selected.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #5983
Banned

Hmm what if all the rest are more Buddhist devotee than I am? I'm just accompany my parents to go to the event.

Anyways what is sintua? And does Buddhism have anything to do with it or both are unrelevant subjects?
That doesn't mean anything. Just because you aren't as outwardly devoted as they are doesn't mean your heart is less pure or that you are less deserving.

'Sintua' is a phrase synonymous with Chinese folk religion, the original religion of the Chinese people that originated in ultra ancient times and is older than Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism. The term 'sintua' means 'shrine', a reference to the home or (in the Singaporean context) HDB based shrines that form the cornerstone of its worship. The main elements of Chinese folk religion are belief in a multitude of gods who used to be deified human beings, and the practice of trance mediumship.

Sintua does draw slightly from Buddhist lore, but interprets Buddhist lore in its own way.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #5984
Banned

Hi everyone! have been following this thread for a while and decided to post some questions..

1) Anyone know anything about the 36 天将? Can anyone tell me about 吕天将?

2) Recently had 2 dreams in a week, continuation one.

First dream of ji gong telling me during his 千秋 that i am to be a medium. Not sure of who.

Second one involves me having an unsuccessful trance of my then revealed 'boss' TYP. ji gong still present.

Then the followig day I went to hako at nex to look look, nothing in special. Suddenly i look somewhere and immediately eyes went to a pair of small statues of typ and dyp

Really not sure if i overthinking or is a message, anyone can help? Because what i heard is that medium can only take heavenly deity before calling hell deity. Also any signs i should look out for in real life?

3) Am a godchild of 2 tian jiangs and dyp. Does this mean i am more troublesome?

4)Can deities block your internet? Mother told me why i cannot find anything on tianjiangs is because tian jiang dw me to find?

thanks all!
1. The 36 Heavenly Generals fall under the command of Lord Xuan Wu. They include the Five Camp Commanders (Na Zha, Lei Gong, Er Lang, Marshal Zhao and Marshal Kang), Lord Guan and several others, including a few warrior goddesses. Unfortunately I do not know the individual names and stories of the less famous ones, including your General Lu. If anyone else is in the know, please do share.

Here is a mural from a temple in Penang that features them.

2. The order in which mediums take on a patron can vary. It does not necessarily go 'Heavenly deities first, Hell deities next'. First to come will be whichever deity the medium can channel more easily and readily, followed by the more difficult ones.

Dreams are often just that - dreams. I wouldn't think too much of them unless anything happens in real life that gives them greater significance. Thus far, nothing you have described gives me the impression that you are being contacted. Short of you explicitly being told by a medium, right to your face, that you have been selected, don't bother.

3. I'm not sure why you think being a godchild equals being troublesome. You become a godchild because you require assistance and TLC from the deities, not because you require disciplining for bad behaviour.

4. Lol. The reason why you cannot find any information is because hardly any information is available online. Sintua is very much an oral tradition, with most stories and particulars about the deities being transmitted via word of mouth.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #5985

Not sure if anyone has the same experience before. But it will be great if someone can interpret it.

I once dreamt of 3 "buddha looking" face flashes across me. Then suddenly an old monk stood infront of me and asked me to repeat some chant in a foreign language. After the chant, he asked me to use my thumb to place on his forehead and rub it down in a downward motion.

I woke up after that felt the dream is totally surreal and unnatural
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Otevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.