HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

official Thai occult/barang discussion thread

Like Tree2627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

official Thai occult/barang discussion thread

Was asked by someone to start a thread on thai ocult stuff.. thread created to give some basic info on thai barangs. For a start I shall start of with the current most popular spiritual amulet from thailand..

An Introduction on Guman Thong (Child Spirit) of Thailand

Guman Thong is a Thai miniature amulet created resembling a lovely young child. Most people today, keep them to bring in fortunes and protections from the enemies. Legendary Thai general Khun Paen created the first Guman Thong about 500 years ago in the Ayuthaya era. He was being taught on the exotic art and was raised up by the high monk Acharn Kong.*According to legend, he performs a ritual using various exotic materials and the carcass of his dead son and forms the first Guman Thong. He reared and treated the Guman Thong as a son. In return, the Guman Thong is said to assist him in winning many battles against the Burmese invasion.A tradition Guman Thong is made from a dead baby from the womb of a dead woman. In the past, high monk searched for such cases in the cemeteries where an unborn child was dead with the mother.

The monks then dug out the body of the mother and cuts open the abdominal to retrieve the dead baby. He had to rush to the nearest Bosth (Sacred Chanting Hall) with the dead baby to perform the ritual and baked the dead baby into a Guman Thong.*However, the task to deliver the dead baby for the ritual is not a simple matter; a mere gravedigger without the expertise in Thai esoteric art could be killed in the process. In Thai tradition, a mother who died with her baby in the womb may become a ferocious ghost when provoked.*They call this aggressive ghost as the ‘Phi Tai Tong Klom’. The Phi Tai Tong klom will give chase to, and kill the offender to retrieve her baby back. Even the master of occult had to be very careful in fending off from such ghost while delivering the dead baby to a Bosth. A Bosth hall is said to be so sacred with the statues of Buddha in place, that demons and ghosts of the highest-level are not about to break in. Once the dead baby had being delivered into a Bosth, the master can proceed to perform the ritual.Creating a Guman Thong in the present day is less thrilling, high monks created the miniature child figurines from raw materials e.g. wood, bronze, plastics or gold. The Guman Thong is then bought to “live” by special mantras. Some guru monks who created sacred Guman Thongs are such as Luang Poo Boon of Wat Klang Bang Kaew, Luang Poh Cham of Wat Takong and Luang Poh Tae KongThong of Wat SamNgam, etc. The most well known and most popular pieces are of Luang Poh Tae KongThong.

Anybody who owns a Guman Thong should acknowledge some important practices;Food offerings presented at least once a day to the Guman Thong is a must.Toy offering must also be presented occasionally as Guman Thong is a young child (spirit), and he behaves just like a normal human child.Owner of Guman Thong should treat and love it as his/her son. For the 1st personal pronoun you call yourself "father" or "mother"; for the 2nd personal pronoun you call him "my son”; and for the 3rd personal pronoun you just call his name Guman Thong.It is recommended that Guman Thong should not be worship or own by a household with children because Guman Thong may envy your children whom you pay all love to.Owning and worshipping Guman Thong needs deliberate practices but if you can do it completely as recommended, he will be a good great fortune bringer.

Original Source:Guman Thong Amulet Kumantong Thailand.

Nice video on KMT.

http://video.xin.msn.com/?mkt=en-sg&vid=6984d919-2c93-4147-85a0-32933148c024&from=sharepermalink-email
McGraw, retlif, Brogrammer and 1 others like this.

Last edited by kakashi84; 14-11-2013 at 11:55 AM..
kakashi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

What's the price to pay for handling the barangs?
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Depends on what is ur purpose for praying to barangs and how u treat them. If u treat them with respect and dedicate merits to them often. All will be smooth and gd luck..

Bottom line. If u cant commit or u are scared abt spirits dont keep such stuff. Its not a toy u can just suka suka rent and throw one side.

Share my experience from my friend from keeping kmt. One night when he came back from work. He went to the toilet and his gf went to check on the kmt. He heard his gf scream and dash out to see what happened. One of his kmt had 'teleport' from one side of the altar to another side.. the house only have the 2 of them. And the place where the kmt teleport to have one small box of kfc chicken offerings. Freaky isnt it? I an guarentee its not csb as he is also those skeptical kind of person.
Charlie_Zhan likes this.

Last edited by kakashi84; 14-11-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Old 14-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #4

Guman Thong has many variations. This is one of the more 'fierce' ones.

Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

This one imho is bullshiit. Is just a zombie baby inscribed with yants. Done by a sg master. Most probably an empty shell.

Go googlw zombie babies can see liao
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
Greater Supremacy Member

Why must bite human hand sia!
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
strangerjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #7

Really ah? Interesting. So where do you get your barangs from? Any recommendations in Singapore?
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

the story of how the general have the baby spirit i heard is very different from the TS wor...

my version as told by a thai guy..

General kong paint, don know how to spell don laugh hor , has a beautiful wife.

He was rumored to be very handsome and good in gambling. he loves to bet on cock(chicken) fights. and he has a faithful Cock that won him many fights as a pet

on a certain fateful trip after a battle, he returned to find out that his wife was pregnant. Been a very jealous man, he suspected the baby was not his and want a divource
g
The wife to prove her innocent, committed suicide. After investigation with the neighbors and slaves(workers) he realized that the wife has never left the house therefore been unfaithful was not possible.... a monk has also approached him and told him that a baby spirit asked the monk y his father don love him and kill him on sight.

remorseful, the general dug out the fetus and made into the so call kumontong as we know with the instruction of the monk.

from there after, his luck has been super good in betting and never fail in battles.

now which version is correct?
Charlie_Zhan likes this.

Last edited by tom_kkh; 14-11-2013 at 12:30 PM..
tom_kkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Best get from thai dealers. Cheaper but need to wait. In sg. Can get from pearl centre or golden mile. Best to avoid fu lu shou. Damn expensive.

When im free, next up will be talking abt...

Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Best get from thai dealers. Cheaper but need to wait. In sg. Can get from pearl centre or golden mile. Best to avoid fu lu shou. Damn expensive.

When im free, next up will be talking abt...

is this real or made?
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

the story of how the general have the baby spirit i heard is very different from the TS wor...

my version as told by a thai guy..

General kong paint, don know how to spell don laugh hor , has a beautiful wife.

He was rumored to be very handsome and good in gambling. he loves to bet on cock(chicken) fights. and he has a faithful Cock that won him many fights as a pet

on a certain fateful trip, he returned to find out that his wife was pregnant. Been a very jealous man, he suspected the baby was not his and want a divource
g
The wife to prove her innocent, committed suicide. After investigation with the neighbors and slaves(workers) he realized that the wife has never left the house therefore been unfaithful was not possible.... a monk has also approached him and told him that a baby spirit asked the monk y his father don love him and kill him on sight.

remorseful, the general dug out the fetus and made into the so call kumontong as we know with the instruction of the monk.

from there after, his luck has been super good in betting and never fail in battles.

now which version is correct?
Some Similarities. Khun phean is the first person who make kumanthong out of his dead son fetus. Actually if u can find the thai movie, legend of khun phean. You will have a better insight of how kmt came about.
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #12
Master Member

if i want to get more and more pay what should i get?
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

if i want to get more and more pay what should i get?
job hop, faster than increment
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

is this real or made?
Cant tell bro. Many fakes in the market and ppl who make lok kok will be arrested by the thai police if discovered. Real lok kok cost thousands. And on a whole different level compared to kmt
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #15

wow. how much is a KMT? how much is the live one?!
Charlie_Zhan likes this.
tinklybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.