Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #136
Supremacy Member

u dont even know powergen basic want to advise ppl
Haha. I didn't advise. I'm just sharing the plans of what i find out today in the first post. You decide on your own which is best for you
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:16 PM   #137

Do ohm provide free meter change? Change TO AMI meter? What I know many retailers don't absorb it
not free… $40 and done thru SP and takes 30 days… i know because I requested… earn back from 2 referral liao haha
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #138
Supremacy Member

not free… $40 and done thru SP and takes 30 days… i know because I requested… earn back from 2 referral liao haha
Oh I see. Cause I think I might need to switch to the AMI meter to track my usage, see at which time I'm using the most electricity. Then I think geneco is offering it free for first meter.

I also checked in sun electric, they also provide some percentage of solar power (5-10%). They only provide certain percentage discount
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:21 PM   #139

Pls think carefully when choosing. There are some plans where the discounts are good, but on renewal, the discounts drop drastically. Akin to bank’s fixed deposits structure. For me, being so forgetful, I will go for a plan that offers a longer term.

Some have hidden charges, contract changing fee, like one time registration fee, security deposit, bill charges, late payment, etc.

For me, as the tariff would be fluctuating, I would most likely be going for a discounted rate plan. No right and wrong answer for this...You may want to see the past tariffs from SP.

Someone mentioned the big 3: Seraya, Senoko & Tuas.
Have taken a look at their pricing, and I think they varies for Discount plans... each maybhave their own merits

1) Geneco-Seraya
- 20% disc, but only have 12mth contracts

2) Senoko
- Free 3 months
- 10% off remaining months (36mth contract)
- linkpoints

3) Tuas
- flat 10% on 24mth contract
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #140
Supremacy Member

Pls think carefully when choosing. There are some plans where the discounts are good, but on renewal, the discounts drop drastically. Akin to bank’s fixed deposits structure. For me, being so forgetful, I will go for a plan that offers a longer term.

Some have hidden charges, contract changing fee, like one time registration fee, security deposit, bill charges, late payment, etc.

For me, as the tariff would be fluctuating, I would most likely be going for a discounted rate plan. No right and wrong answer for this...You may want to see the past tariffs from SP.

Someone mentioned the big 3: Seraya, Senoko & Tuas.
Have taken a look at their pricing, and I think they varies for Discount plans... each maybhave their own merits

1) Geneco-Seraya
- 20% disc, but only have 12mth contracts

2) Senoko
- Free 3 months
- 10% off remaining months (36mth contract)
- linkpoints

3) Tuas
- flat 10% on 24mth contract
True. We might not know what is going to happen on the 24th month.

Just like m1 fibre broadband, the $39/mth is based on 50.1% discount. On the 25th month if you don't recontract, it will revert back to normal price +50.1%
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #141
Supremacy Member

do we have power gen italia in the list
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #142

Just like m1 fibre broadband, the $39/mth is based on 50.1% discount. On the 25th month if you don't recontract, it will revert back to normal price +50.1%
I cannot remember which retailer exactly, but on renewal, it drops from a two-digit discount to a single 5% discount. That household will be in for a shock when tt happens
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #143

any change in the plan will be informed to you in written notice well in advance… worse case scenario is go back to SP, but maybe they chop carrot with heavy registration fees
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #144

I cannot remember which retailer exactly, but on renewal, it drops from a two-digit discount to a single 5% discount. That household will be in for a shock when tt happens
the first few in the list (alphabetically) are all like that
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #145

the first few in the list (alphabetically) are all like that
Sobs... all the more this makes me go with the one who promises longer contractual plans... i cannot even remember my own mobile phone plan start and end dates
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 10:08 PM   #146
Supremacy Member

My choices were narrowed down to 3 yesterday, Sunseap, Ohm and Keppel Electric. But picked Ohm in the end coz of the promo, and the fact that I hate Starhub (don't think they added much value to their partnership with Sunseap) and Keppel although cheap on paper is yet another govt linked co. Giving the smaller guy a chance, and even if I want sth eco friendly Ohm has an optional carbon credit offset. Ohm also bills via SP Group, so easier for my old folks.
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 10:17 PM   #147

I want to know are there any hidden costs to these deals. will we be made to pay for any xtra fees during the duration of the contract?
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 10:22 PM   #148
Supremacy Member

any change in the plan will be informed to you in written notice well in advance… worse case scenario is go back to SP, but maybe they chop carrot with heavy registration fees
Worst if not after 2 years, switch to another retailer from the current retailer. Hopefully 2 years later, there will be better promotions.
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 10:24 PM   #149
Supremacy Member

My choices were narrowed down to 3 yesterday, Sunseap, Ohm and Keppel Electric. But picked Ohm in the end coz of the promo, and the fact that I hate Starhub (don't think they added much value to their partnership with Sunseap) and Keppel although cheap on paper is yet another govt linked co. Giving the smaller guy a chance, and even if I want sth eco friendly Ohm has an optional carbon credit offset. Ohm also bills via SP Group, so easier for my old folks.
Oh yup. If billed under one bill is good. Sunseap and Seraya Geneco all have separate billing. So you will receive one physical bill about charges for water and another e-bill for your electricity. They don't have physical bills
Redbull1628 likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 10:28 PM   #150
Arch-Supremacy Member

looking to sign with huan that provides nuclear power
Redbull1628 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.