Arch-Supremacy Member

Donít know how this works

Is this common in other countries ?
Old 25-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #1547
Master Member

Has anybody sign up for Geneco?
Got referral 1 a not?
Old 25-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #1548

anyone still have ohm promo code? can pm me? thanks a lot.
code sent, check your pm
Old 25-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #1549
Supremacy Member

Has anybody sign up for Geneco?
Got referral 1 a not?
no leh. Called them few days ago, they got no promotions yet.
Old 25-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #1550
Master Member

We also got no idea. It's up to ah gong to decide, like our GST. It may or may not be implemented. No one knows
From strait times. Sorry dunno how to embed.
But Seems like we should not be paying much right
Singapore Budget 2018: Carbon tax of $5 per tonne of greenhouse gas emissions to be levied

The first payment will be in 2020, based on emissions in 2019. The tax will be levied on each facility's total emissions.

For households, the impact of the carbon tax will be small, at "about 1 per cent of total electricity and gas expenses on average", Mr Heng said.

An additional U-Save rebate will be provided for three years to help HDB households.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-budget-2018-carbon-tax-of-5-per-tonne-of-greenhouse-gas-emissions-to-be-levied
Old 25-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #1551
Master Member

From strait times. Sorry dunno how to embed.
But Seems like we should not be paying much right
Singapore Budget 2018: Carbon tax of $5 per tonne of greenhouse gas emissions to be levied

The first payment will be in 2020, based on emissions in 2019. The tax will be levied on each facility's total emissions.

For households, the impact of the carbon tax will be small, at "about 1 per cent of total electricity and gas expenses on average", Mr Heng said.

An additional U-Save rebate will be provided for three years to help HDB households.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...s-to-be-levied

yea its just a matter of how large of the proportion the retailer is going to pass on to the consumer.

the purpose of the tax is two fold, one to reduce genco carbon emission intensity, and second is to make consumer use less electricity
Old 25-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #1552
Supremacy Member

yea its just a matter of how large of the proportion the retailer is going to pass on to the consumer.

the purpose of the tax is two fold, one to reduce genco carbon emission intensity, and second is to make consumer use less electricity
Actually don't understand the need to pass the costs to consumers. In consumers pov, it's like why pass to us when it's the power company is generating the power?

Anyway, I guess the carbon tax introduced to the prevent us from wasting electricity. Just like water tax. We have been taxed 35% for a long time.
Old 25-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #1553
Master Member

Actually don't understand the need to pass the costs to consumers. In consumers pov, it's like why pass to us when it's the power company is generating the power?

Anyway, I guess the carbon tax introduced to the prevent us from wasting electricity. Just like water tax. We have been taxed 35% for a long time.
That's the reason why I m holding back from signing up. Cos dunno how much more need to pay. Tho this plan suits me
Old 25-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #1554
Master Member

That's the reason why I m holding back from signing up. Cos dunno how much more need to pay. Tho this plan suits me
I think sticking with SP will be more costly though?
Old 25-03-2018, 08:46 PM   #1555
Master Member

Demand needs to be met by supply mah... If lesser demand then lesser need to generate.

When this happens the total amount of tax that the gencos need to pay will also be lower.

Of course the gencos need to adopt more practices to cut down emissions la.. Like better filters or scrubbers

Sent from Samsung ZGMF-X20A using GAGT
Old 25-03-2018, 08:47 PM   #1556
Master Member

I think sticking with SP will be more costly though?
Definitely, but I m true blue cheapo Singaporean. Waiting for roadshow for extra perks.
Just saw keppel electric in jurong point. Have $30 shopping vouchers. But I m still Keen on seneco
Old 25-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #1557
Master Member

Definitely, but I m true blue cheapo Singaporean. Waiting for roadshow for extra perks.
Just saw keppel electric in jurong point. Have $30 shopping vouchers. But I m still Keen on seneco
By the time you wait until next month, you would have lost out a month of savings already though

You need to be sure that the contract that you will be signing next month is worth more than a month of savings.

Old 25-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #1558
Supremacy Member

By the time you wait until next month, you would have lost out a month of savings already though

You need to be sure that the contract that you will be signing next month is worth more than a month of savings.

The longer you wait, the lesser savings. Because you already lost out the opportunity costs. Anyway, what's the use for shopping vouchers? I rather vouchers to offset electricity bill.

Because you see, electricity is something you will need. Shopping vouchers is something you want, you end up buying something you might not need. Wasted.
Old 25-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #1559
Arch-Supremacy Member

What's the govt motive to let retailer sell electricity?

Sent from Xiaomi MIX using GAGT
Old 25-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #1560

You can use promo code DBS0030 for $30 rebate off 1st bill when you sign up for Keppel Electric.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.