Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #2281
Supremacy Member

why is it that after 22% off $0.2215, ohm price is only $0.1682

I think this one there is a bug in their code. Note the odd 24% on the right.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:30 AM   #2282

if so, those who signup must take note. if not, when bill come, they thought they kena cheated
Old 31-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #2283
Master Member

Want to know more about Ohm and find out if they are new company or what? they have list for only 5 employees..

https://www.linkedin.com/company/ohm-energy-sg/
Yes since this is something new for Singapore to open up the electricity monopoly in order to introduce competitive pricing for consumers.

Another reason is the model used - new entrants are leveraging on SP power grid existing physical infra and bulk buy discount from the few main power stations in Singapore in order to provide lower costs electricity compared to consumer who cannot buy at that massive amount. That's why the company size is kept lean.

From SP perspective, they are earning from power "vendors" instead of consumers for the power purchase, grid usage, outsource of manpower, etc. Its still a win win for SP.

Cheers
Old 31-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #2284
Supremacy Member

Not sure if it is a bug, never see this before during registration. Or is this the overall savings yearly? Could you try clicking the include GST?

Last edited by Jurong640; 31-03-2018 at 08:39 AM..
Old 31-03-2018, 08:40 AM   #2285
Master Member

See promoter at Jurong, they did not inform anything about charges of loss transmission. How much Keppel charge?
Have yet to sign up... hope to find best to suit my need with promo code?

"An additional fee ($/kWh) for the CO2 Offset Add-On will apply and will be added to your Ohm Price Plan." What is this mean?
We have compared with all the different providers and confirmed on these "hidden" costs are not being imposed by Ohm.

Transmission loss is est at 4%

For household usage below 550kWh, Ohm is suitable with attractive rates (no hidden costs on top of across all providers fees like carbon CO2 tax), flexibility with 1st 3 mths trial embedded into their 6, 12 and 24 mths plans. To top it off, you will get $20 credit using the referral code and get your own referral code once signup registration completes.

Cheers

Last edited by jeremysv; 31-03-2018 at 08:58 AM..
Old 31-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #2286

16.82 is based on the old 21.56 tariff. Feedback to them lo and maybe they will give u credit
Old 31-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #2287
Supremacy Member

Not sure if it is a bug, never see this before during registration. Or is this the overall savings yearly? Could you try clicking the include GST?
Probably is indeed a bug. I noticed it yesterday actually. They updated the new tariff rates but the calculation doesn't seem to be derived from the tariff, which is probably the cause of the error.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #2288
Supremacy Member

16.82 is based on the old 21.56 tariff. Feedback to them lo and maybe they will give u credit
Feedback already.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #2289
Master Member

I doubt their website is polling the power tariff and auto updates. Its manual thus its how fast their website admin updates or its dependent on their policy for when to update of website prices
Old 31-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #2290
Supremacy Member

I doubt their website is polling the power tariff and auto updates. Its manual thus its how fast their website admin updates or its dependent on their policy for when to update of website prices
Yup. I believe their admin updates manually. But that said there should be a calculation somewhere (prob javascript) that calculates based on the new values their admin keys in, which isn't done correctly.
Old 31-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #2291
Supremacy Member

Saw a bus today pasted with "Open Electricity Market" advert, driving around Jurong. The advertisement with the ironing. The full competition will start tomorrow 1 April when Singapore transit to full electricity competition. There are still various roadshows at Jurong Point this weekend. Ohm is doing a poll asking what users want during sign up, most of those polled want rebates off bill.
Old 31-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #2292

Quite sure there are staff of retailers here trying to answer as many questions that the consumers will have. I hope they can identify themselves and don't hide behind user names. All I wanted to know is how will be their after service like. What if there is a wrong billings or supply problem, how will these retailers help us to resolve the problem especially after the contracts has been signed and there is no way to change the retailer unless one is willing to pay the penalty.
Old 31-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #2293
Master Member

Quite sure there are staff of retailers here trying to answer as many questions that the consumers will have. I hope they can identify themselves and don't hide behind user names. All I wanted to know is how will be their after service like. What if there is a wrong billings or supply problem, how will these retailers help us to resolve the problem especially after the contracts has been signed and there is no way to change the retailer unless one is willing to pay the penalty.
I'm not Ohm staff but will share my findings which are relevant to your queries.

The smart meter imo eliminates the probability of the error in billing since its taking live accurate data.

For your current SP bill, you will need to submit your meter reading 1 day before the start of new provider.

Am sure all of the different power entrants in OEM today might face some teething issues but ultimately its a start for competitive pricing in order for consumers to enjoy lower costs.

That's where flexibility is a key advantage - not being locked in for a long period should consumer be unhappy for whatever reason.

Most of the time its the human elements - if hotline customer service officer is rude, some will attribute to the company as no good instead of that particular staff.

Cheers

Last edited by jeremysv; 31-03-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Old 31-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #2294
Supremacy Member

How why when What. We all still don't know. No one has switched over yet. Jurong residents are the first guinea pigs. We don't know what will happen afterwards as there is no case study. Don't worry so much first. If you really got super concerns, visit their roadshows 21 - 22 Apr at Westgate. I doubt all questions would be answered.

Anyway we are all consumers in this thread. We are just sharing our experience. No staff is here to answer your questions. Thanks

Last edited by Jurong640; 31-03-2018 at 09:21 AM..
Old 31-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #2295
Supremacy Member

Contact the retailers directly. Coming up with conspiracy theories of retailer staff hiding behind this forum won't help answer your queries.

HWZ also has a strict policy of not letting any company use the forums for official support unless they sponsor (pay money to HWZ for that right) which will get that user banned. Happened in the Internet and Bandwidth subforums before.

If you are asking about Ohm, they use SP to manage all those, so no difference from what you are experiencing now.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.