HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #2296

Phew... previously I 笨笨 sign up for keppel after seeing that it's the lowest price and then realised about the loss adjust through this thread.

After much trouble i managed to get my application withdrawn.

So now back to square 1. Is ohm fixed still the best? My electric usage is very low. Less than 250kwh per month.

So I just want to get the lowest price will do.
Old 31-03-2018, 09:26 AM   #2297
Master Member

Phew... previously I 笨笨 sign up for keppel after seeing that it's the lowest price and then realised about the loss adjust through this thread.

So now back to square 1. Is ohm fixed still the best? My electric usage is very low. Less than 250kwh per month.

Using my earlier reply:
Yes Ohm offerings are one of the most attractive without hidden costs (other neccessary tax like carbon CO2 tax will be impose across the board from all providers if applicable) for usage below 550kWh. On top of that, they offer flexibility via the 1st 3 mths trial which they offer for all of their plans...the referral code is a win win $20 credit for both yourself and the person who uses the referral code.

Cheers
Old 31-03-2018, 09:27 AM   #2298
Master Member

ohm discount would suit you better. 6 months contract can switch again very soon if there's better deals after nation wide deals are up
Old 31-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #2299
Supremacy Member

Still is, even after the new SP tariff of 22.15c kicks in, as Ohm didn't seem to have changed their rates after that increase.

Beware of SembCorp also, as some of their plans have apparently comparable rates to Ohm over 2 years, BUT they also have the loss adjusted consumption as well.

PS: Ohm Fixed vs Discount not much diff actually, esp at low consumption levels. They both are actually the same when calculated at the 4 year average SP tariff of 21.73c/kWh.

Last edited by Qubicfactor; 31-03-2018 at 09:33 AM..
Old 31-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #2300
Supremacy Member

Wow. How are you able to withdraw the application? Is it because the contract yet to sign?
Old 31-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #2301

if you do not want to commit to long contracts, ohm discount should be good as ohm fixed is 17.15 for 6mths. 16.95 for 12mths

for ohm discount 22% off, a 6mth contract, current rates should be 17.27(current SP tariff 22.15) for Apr-Jun. Jul-Sep, it will depend on the SP tariff when its announce. A rough guess for using Ohm discount, your rates would most probably be btw 16.xx-18.xx
Old 31-03-2018, 09:35 AM   #2302

Wow. How are you able to withdraw the application? Is it because the contract yet to sign?
There is no contract to be signed wor. Once u sign up online, an email will be sent to u to confirm that your application had been received and will be sent over to SP to terminate your acct.

I called in before receiving that email to plead them to allow me to withdraw lor. And then called in to SP to get them to let me know once they received my application.

Last edited by Graditude; 31-03-2018 at 09:38 AM..
Old 31-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #2303

Anyone got Ohm promo code? can PM me? Thanks!
Old 31-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #2304

Ok thank you everyone for your advise. I am most likely going for ohm fixed since I prefer a standard figure every month.

Do u think I should wait for the road show then apply? Will have better deal?
Old 31-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #2305

sent, check your pm
Old 31-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #2306
Supremacy Member

There is no contract to be signed wor. Once u sign up online, an email will be sent to u to confirm that your application had been received and will be sent over to SP to terminate your acct.

I called in before receiving that email to plead them to allow me to withdraw lor. And then called in so SP to get them to let me know once they received my application.
Wow. That was fast. Glad that you know the fine prints that they charge for the loss transmission.

Currently for this quarter, it seems fixed ohm is cheaper than discount ohm. But the difference is very minimal. But take note, the fixed ohm is 12mth contract.
Old 31-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #2307
Master Member

Sent via pm
Old 31-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #2308

So I buy electricity from Ohm and SP Services answers all billing problem.. is that the way it will work? I will contact SP Services to confirm then.

Contact the retailers directly. Coming up with conspiracy theories of retailer staff hiding behind this forum won't help answer your queries.

HWZ also has a strict policy of not letting any company use the forums for official support unless they sponsor (pay money to HWZ for that right) which will get that user banned. Happened in the Internet and Bandwidth subforums before.

If you are asking about Ohm, they use SP to manage all those, so no difference from what you are experiencing now.
Old 31-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #2309

Ok thank you everyone for your advise. I am most likely going for ohm fixed since I prefer a standard figure every month.

the rates might not be different but maybe they will give out free gifts during roadshows, this cannot confirm

p.s I've sent u a referral code for ohm, use it & we both get $20 rebates
Old 31-03-2018, 09:42 AM   #2310
Master Member

Certain amount of uncertainty since roadshow promotions might be different from current offerings but it could also mean the removal of current promotions like the referral codes. Most promotions do not stack imo. No guaranteed answer at this point since i am not Ohm staff.

Cheers
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.