HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #7546
Master Member

so electricity rate is increasing 2%+ over the next quarter.

Is it a good time to sign up Ohm now before they change their pricing? I just checked their website, they are still at 16.95c.
Yes. Dont wait. Send u pm liao

Posted from PCWX using ATU-L22
Old 29-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #7547
Supremacy Member

For instance by usage is 743kwh,

Until now, for new customers, I still cannot get in what cases will Ohm be better than Geneco? Because it is very obvious that Geneco is cheapest among all. Can anyone enlighten me?
Ohm has short contracts, 6mth, 12mth. Then they have 24mth. All plans comes with a 3-mtj trial. During the trial, you can switch plans or terminate and switch to other retailers.

Geneco on the other hand, is locked down 24mth.

I was previously on 6mth discount, even If I re-contract, I will also get the 3mth trial. Should there be better promo during Nov- Jan, I'm prepared to switch without ETC.

Geneco has separate billing, well, some may like it or not.

Ohm is a small company, managed by a small team, give them a chance to strive. Geneco is backed by Seraya energy which has power generation plant in Singapore.
ZeusLightningGod likes this.
Old 29-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #7548
Master Member

Ohm has short contracts, 6mth, 12mth. Then they have 24mth. All plans comes with a 3-mtj trial. During the trial, you can switch plans or terminate and switch to other retailers.

Geneco on the other hand, is locked down 24mth.

I was previously on 6mth discount, even If I re-contract, I will also get the 3mth trial. Should there be better promo during Nov- Jan, I'm prepared to switch without ETC.

Geneco has separate billing, well, some may like it or not.

Ohm is a small company, managed by a small team, give them a chance to strive. Geneco is backed by Seraya energy which has power generation plant in Singapore.
Geneco got big guy protection haha
Old 29-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #7549
Supremacy Member

Geneco got big guy protection haha
Yes, all the other retailers are big guys. Only ohm is a small guy
Old 29-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #7550
High Supremacy Member

Must see if u forsee Tariff to keep on increasing then now is the time to lock in to good rate. I believe those lock in earlier for better deal.
Old 29-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #7551

Yes. Don't wait liao. Maitu liao. Sign up with referral promo, get another $20 bill rebate. If you refer more people, you get more $20s
Actually what is the benefit to us if we get the promo code here, or use the promoter’s promo code? Any of the way, we also get $20 voucher.
Old 29-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #7552
Master Member

Yes, all the other retailers are big guys. Only ohm is a small guy
I wonder why retailer can offer cheaper rates but not SP Power? That is weird. Their rates so high. They not scared all the customers run away meh

Old 29-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #7553
Master Member

Actually what is the benefit to us if we get the promo code here, or use the promoter’s promo code? Any of the way, we also get $20 voucher.
See what kind of promoter's codes since the last round few months back surfaced a "reseller" code which rumoured to get $25 instead of $20. At that period, everyone asked for reseller code but eventually I managed to get an official reply from said OEM company stating reseller code will get consumers nothing.

If you are interested in reading up what happen - click to page 448 of this forum thread and look at post #6717.

Evidence of people being rejected by roadshow promoter from using referral code and roadshow promoter insisted on using his code yet it cannot work etc - click to page 465 of this forum thread and look at post #6963

Repost of official reply from Geneco:

Last edited by jeremysv; 29-09-2018 at 07:34 PM..
Old 29-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #7554
High Supremacy Member

I wonder why retailer can offer cheaper rates but not SP Power? That is weird. Their rates so high. They not scared all the customers run away meh

That's tells us they been overcharge us for very very very very long time.
Old 29-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #7555
Master Member

See what kind of promoter's codes since the last round few months back surfaced a "reseller" code which rumoured to get $25 instead of $20. At that period, everyone asked for reseller code but eventually I managed to get an official reply from said OEM company stating reseller code will get consumers nothing.
There we go again with the reseller code. There is no such thing

Old 29-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #7556
Supremacy Member

Ohm, they don't have promoter code. I think what you are referring is Geneco promoter code.

Ohm promo code benefits referrer and referee. If I refer you, you get $20, I get $20. Once you sign up, you get your own promo code, you refer others, you get another $20. So it will roll and roll. $20+$20+$20.....
Old 29-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #7557
Master Member

I see other countries they even got solar panel sell back to the electricity provider. Lawl

Old 29-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #7558
Master Member

Actually what is the benefit to us if we get the promo code here, or use the promoter*********s promo code? Any of the way, we also get $20 voucher.
I checked with the person b4. You get nothing if you use reseller code. They don't acknowledge.

Old 29-09-2018, 07:23 PM   #7559
Master Member

If really all the customers zao. Then SP power will do what sia. Eat grass ah?

Old 29-09-2018, 07:37 PM   #7560
Master Member

There we go again with the reseller code. There is no such thing

Yeah i am saying there is no such thing... so if whoever wants to read up history can do so and learn how misleading this promoter code is.

See underlined words in bold below:

See what kind of promoter's codes since the last round few months back surfaced a "reseller" code which rumoured to get $25 instead of $20. At that period, everyone asked for reseller code but eventually I managed to get an official reply from said OEM company stating reseller code will get consumers nothing. << Get $0 cents

If you are interested in reading up what happen - click to page 448 of this forum thread and look at post #6717.

Evidence of people being rejected by roadshow promoter from using referral code and roadshow promoter insisted on using his code yet it cannot work etc - click to page 465 of this forum thread and look at post #6963

Repost of official reply from Geneco:

Last edited by jeremysv; 29-09-2018 at 07:43 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.