HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #7591
Master Member

Consistently 2 Bedrooms for 12hrs a day, including weekends. The hall AC is used only for maybe 2-3 hrs a week when the niece and nephew are over. Bedrooms and hall on separate system 4s.

One special room used for storing humidity sensitive things is cooled 24x7. That one has its own system 1 and is specially insulated. Very low human traffic, and the setpoint is high at 28C.
The special room sounds like for antique books or antiques...lol
Old 29-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #7592
Supremacy Member

Consistently 2 Bedrooms for 12hrs a day, including weekends. The hall AC is used only for maybe 2-3 hrs a week when the niece and nephew are over. Bedrooms and hall on separate system 4s.

One special room used for storing humidity sensitive things is cooled 24x7. That one has its own system 1 and is specially insulated. Very low human traffic, and the setpoint is high at 28C.
Hmm. That really sounds like lots of electricity usage. If only we can have our own electricity generator.
Old 29-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #7593
Supremacy Member

The special room sounds like for antique books or antiques...lol
Maybe handbags lol.
The truth is something I prefer people not to see.
Very hard to keep niece out of that room.
Old 29-09-2018, 11:49 PM   #7594
Master Member

Maybe handbags lol.
Why my mind sudden think of coffin -_-"

But at least you can own a landed property and maintain it....truly inspiring...
Old 29-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #7595
Supremacy Member

fcs wouldn't switching to these OEM......
Don't be fools by theirs so-called discounts......

Hidden charges may undetectable!
fcs still staying with SP Power Grp!

Yes, have to pay original tariff!
Snub the chicken wing some more lah. Then complain when they take back whole chicken. Then I come clap for you.
Old 30-09-2018, 12:02 AM   #7596
Supremacy Member

Yes 3 mths trial applies to all Ohm plans but do note when you switch within 3 mths later - it's without termination penalty but prevailing price rates might have changed and what promos are unknown - its a gamble of sorts
I hope he doesnt think can sign up Ohm for 3 months and terminate on day 90 and get free 3 mths electricity lol

Ohm 3 mths trial means the contract doesn't kick in to lock you in until 3 mths are up after you first sign up/renew with them, so no penalty charges for early termination. What you use under the plan you signed you still need to pay.
Old 30-09-2018, 12:04 AM   #7597
High Supremacy Member

Maybe handbags lol.
U should install solar panels.. Be green abit..
Old 30-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #7598
Supremacy Member

Snub the chicken wing some more lah. Then complain when they take back whole chicken. Then I come clap for you.
Well. Those people have lots of money in investments, forex trading all these. Why would he be bothered by $0.2413/kwh? Give him $2.41/kwh, he wont mind too. 🤣
Old 30-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #7599
Master Member

Faced issue using Geneco referral code during roadshow or didn't get referral vouchers

Do let me know thru my pm if you or anyone else has input referral code but has not received the vouchers, i'm compiling a list to submit to Geneco.

But the reason why some didn't get - its likely the whole bunch of people here who shared their Geneco referral codes because rogue roadshow promoters didn't input the forum referral codes. I have since clarified with Geneco and posted their reply stating forum referral codes will be accepted as long as they are from validated Geneco accounts.

Repost of reply from Geneco:

Old 30-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #7600
Supremacy Member

Guide to best electricity deals in the open market

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...premiumarticle

Here is ST guide to OEM. Sorry it's premium article .🤣
Well we have non-premium here
Old 30-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #7601
Supremacy Member

Guide to best electricity deals in the open market

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...premiumarticle

Here is ST guide to OEM. Sorry it's premium article .🤣
Well we have non-premium here
They very funny lah, want ppl to switch but hide article behind pay wall haha
Old 30-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #7602

They very funny lah, want ppl to switch but hide article behind pay wall haha
OEM wants ppl switch, SPH wants business only. No conflict...

Anyway, nothing much in the article, if you read this thread, all covered (and more likely latest info too)
Old 30-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #7603
Supremacy Member

U should install solar panels.. Be green abit..
Looking at that, and will study this after TOP. Already specified that the roof be reinforced to take the weight, and is relatively accessible for regular maintenance.

Hopefully in the next 18 months, panel prices will come down more.
Old 30-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #7604
Supremacy Member

OEM wants ppl switch, SPH wants business only. No conflict...

Anyway, nothing much in the article, if you read this thread, all covered (and more likely latest info too)
But all the info is only available here in HWZ. Still the majority Singaporeans are still clueless, need ST to compile for them.

I confirm they will show the lowest lowest rate, not did not factor TLF or deposit and other mis fees.
Example Pacific Light, if you default 1 mth bill, your discount will revert to base discount. This is not covered in their marketing materials. Hence, ST might just say they are one of the lowest, but in fact, many hidden clauses.
Old 30-09-2018, 06:32 PM   #7605
Master Member

But all the info is only available here in HWZ. Still the majority Singaporeans are still clueless, need ST to compile for them.

I confirm they will show the lowest lowest rate, not did not factor TLF or deposit and other mis fees.
Example Pacific Light, if you default 1 mth bill, your discount will revert to base discount. This is not covered in their marketing materials. Hence, ST might just say they are one of the lowest, but in fact, many hidden clauses.
ST showcase based on plan price rate and promo without digging deeper...guess most people will trip over themselves over the Best Cash rebate promo
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.