HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #751
Supremacy Member

They also want to snatch customer that's why tricky and hidden cost won't mention during road shows
A few days ago the roadshow at Lakeside MRT, I went towards them to grab a brochure and quickly left. They do not have a chance to pitch to me. Their brochure nothing much, just usual materials on how good they are, cos they are Keppel. No info about $ or plans.
Old 22-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #752
Supremacy Member

hmm, is that fee only chargeable from keppel?
the transmission loss fees for residential should not be much, for a little bit of amount, i was informed they will end up accumulate to a certain amount before charge in the bill. say maybe 6 months to a year. cos too insignificant to post in every month's bill..

*shrugS*
That's even worse imho. Let you feel good for 6 mths to a year then hit you one shot.

So far they seem to be the only one, unless got others I didn't bother to read the factsheet coz their rates are unattractive anyway. Even Geneco actually mentions they won't be charging this in their factsheet.
Old 22-03-2018, 04:31 PM   #753
Supremacy Member

the transmission loss fees for residential should not be much, for a little bit of amount, i was informed they will end up accumulate to a certain amount before charge in the bill. say maybe 6 months to a year. cos too insignificant to post in every month's bill..

*shrugS*
let's say 8kwh loss per mth, which costs $1.70. That's $40.80 for 2 years, it will be a significant amount. That is why decide carefully
Old 22-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #754
Supremacy Member

let's say 8kwh loss per mth, which costs $1.70. That's $40.80 for 2 years, it will be a significant amount. That is why decide carefully
and somemore that assumes 200kwh a month leh.

my house type average is around 2.5x that

my house is like almost 5x that.
Old 22-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #755
Supremacy Member

*shrugS*
They won't keep because they need to pay SP the third party charges every month through Giro. Third party charges are usage rated.

How this works is all the third party charges are first paid by the retailer, then is charged into their customer bill or rates

Sent from Samsung ZGMF-X20A using GAGT
Old 22-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #756
Supremacy Member

and somemore that assumes 200kwh a month leh.

my house type average is around 2.5x that

my house is like almost 5x that.
For your place... Assuming 1000kwh,you will need to pay for 1040kwh.. Around 9 dollars more

Old 22-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #757
Supremacy Member

They won't keep because they need to pay SP the third party charges every month through Giro. Third party charges are usage rated.

How this works is all the third party charges are first paid by the retailer, then is charged into their customer bill or rates

They can also choose to pay it first to the 3rd party, accumulate it for a few months before billing the customer one shot. There is nothing to stop them from doing so. Third party's POV is that it still gets paid as usual every month.
Old 22-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #758

SP Service will send email if you got update with them.

Not related, but is there anyway to get the household current electric usage online?

House recent hard copy electric bill throw away already
Old 22-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #759
Supremacy Member

For your place... Assuming 1000kwh,you will need to pay for 1040kwh.. Around 9 dollars more

yes and that 9 dollars more a month eats into that $40 discount that I am expecting. 9 out of 40 is not a small sum leh, easily makes a 20% off become just 16%

I am not against passing on transmission loss costs to the customer, I am against deceptive marketing.

SP tariff already absorbs transmission loss, so marketing their plan as 21% off SP tariff is plain deceptive if they took transmission loss costs out.

Last edited by Qubicfactor; 22-03-2018 at 04:50 PM..
Old 22-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #760

Note that Keppel has a hidden 3-4% charge for Transmission Loss, so won't be that attractive.

Common consensus here seems to be Ohm or Geneco
Many thanks to TS and the various contributors for this thread. Was veering towards Keppel fixed 16.5 + "big-name GLC" initially. Shudders! Would have been trapped for 24 months if not for this thread.

But managed to get in 1st 100 for Ohm. Again, for those who have not sign up, better to wait for the weekends and see what other freebies the retailers can throw at you. Sign up value should be "$40+-"

My humble opinion is better to go for discount % rather than fixed, because if SP wants to squeeze out the smaller retailers, they will lower the regulated tariffs as first easy squeeze out strategy. i.e. current 21.56 rates might be the highest rate prior to OEM.
Old 22-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #761
Supremacy Member

Anyone knows the correct reading of our meter? I just started tracking my physical reading this morning to see if my night usage really high. To make decisions whether to take up different tiered plan or fixed plan.

Are the red dials symbolise point .0kwh? Anything on the red dial is decimal, below 1kwh, correct me if I'm not wrong?
Old 22-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #762

Anyone knows the correct reading of our meter? I just started tracking my physical reading this morning to see if my night usage really high. To make decisions whether to take up different tiered plan or fixed plan.

Are the red dials symbolise point .0kwh? Anything on the red dial is decimal, below 1kwh, correct me if I'm not wrong?
consider all in, for more accurate
Old 22-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #763

Any ideas once we switched can we still use the GST rebate provided from the gahmen?
Old 22-03-2018, 04:53 PM   #764
Supremacy Member

consider all in, for more accurate
So far, since 8am, used less than 4kwh, on aircon x1 (mode: dry mode <- suppose to save power). 3hrs of AC since. Shall see night usage to decide
Old 22-03-2018, 04:53 PM   #765

Yes, thats correct, the red digit is = 0.1 kWH
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.