HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #826

will it mean... what our meter say will not tally as what they going to charge us... as will charge us higher than our meter !!!
Old 22-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #827
Supremacy Member

will it mean... what our meter say will not tally as what they going to charge us... as will charge us higher than our meter !!!
Yes for Keppel. It's like they charge according to the meter on their side rather than the meter on our side. The difference is due to energy loss along the way, and Keppel makes you pay for it.

Other retailers no need to worry as they will charge according to the meter on our side.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:15 PM   #828

Yes for Keppel. It's like they charge according to the meter on their side rather than the meter on our side. The difference is due to energy loss along the way, and Keppel makes you pay for it.

Other retailers no need to worry as they will charge according to the meter on our side.
we get the AIM... will be more accurate and easy for them to track...
if analog one.... either we send them or they have to come check....
Old 22-03-2018, 10:26 PM   #829
Supremacy Member

we get the AIM... will be more accurate and easy for them to track...
if analog one.... either we send them or they have to come check....
Moreover the old meter, they measure once every 2mths. Which is pretty inaccurate. As the take average of past 2 months or something.

Who knows that particular month you use lesser electricity but yet charged higher. ?
Old 22-03-2018, 10:32 PM   #830
Supremacy Member

Moreover the old meter, they measure once every 2mths. Which is pretty inaccurate. As the take average of past 2 months or something.

Who knows that particular month you use lesser electricity but yet charged higher. ?
Actually not to worry, coz if month A you use 600kwh and month B they estimate you use 620kwh but actually is 550kwh, month C you use 600kwh when they go read end of month C they will notice the meter only jump by 1150kwh instead of 1220kwh and they will refund you the 70kwh.You can see this in your bill for the months they actually go read meter and it's not the same as the estimate.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #831
Supremacy Member

Actually not to worry, coz if month A you use 600kwh and month B they estimate you use 620kwh but actually is 550kwh, month C you use 600kwh when they go read end of month C they will notice the meter only jump by 1150kwh instead of 1220kwh and they will refund you the 70kwh.You can see this in your bill for the months they actually go read meter and it's not the same as the estimate.
I see. So actually it's like you pay abit more initially and they pro-rate back in coming months?

Hence I think AIM meter could come handy, more accurate readings.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:49 PM   #832
Supremacy Member

I see. So actually it's like you pay abit more initially and they pro-rate back in coming months?

Hence I think AIM meter could come handy, more accurate readings.
Something like that. Reverse can also happen when you use more than estimated and they charge you the difference. AIM meters are only absolutely required for peak/off peak plans and maybe most wholesale plans as they need to know how much you use within certain time frames, but if you are on normal plans like fixed or discount, you can still go get one if you OCD about not wanting to be prorated. Other benefit is that you can also log in to SP site and see the readings for yourself, which is good to know your consumption pattern.

Last edited by Qubicfactor; 22-03-2018 at 10:57 PM..
Old 22-03-2018, 10:56 PM   #833
Supremacy Member

if you dont install the AMI(Advanced Metering Infrastructure) meter, SP will profile your household as an average of your surrounding households.

This method is called SRLP(Static Residential Load Profile). So while you still get some savings from 2 tiered price plans, it wont save you as much as having an AMI meter so your retailer can accurately bill you
Old 22-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #834

I signed up for OHM.

Anybody want referral code PM me.
Old 22-03-2018, 11:07 PM   #835

actually i want AMI... so to monitor peak/off peak... so maybe 6 months later i can switch to peak/off peak plan
Old 22-03-2018, 11:14 PM   #836
Master Member

Sorry not sure if people answered this before;

how do they know peak and off peak? Using smart digital power meter?

And if got different rates, will people install power wall? Not to run heavy load... But maybe to use the tv/charge phones and run pc or even cook rice

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT
Old 22-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #837

And if got different rates, will people install power wall? Not to run heavy load... But maybe to use the tv/charge phones and run pc or even cook rice

using smart digital power meter AMI, you can see how many you use from what time to what time, from there you can grange.

for power wall... still safety issue....
Old 22-03-2018, 11:22 PM   #838
Supremacy Member

Bear in mind that you will not get back 100% of what you put into the powerwall due to inefficiency
Old 22-03-2018, 11:24 PM   #839

Bear in mind that you will not get back 100% of what you put into the powerwall due to inefficiency
if you use government subsidy for corporate ICV or PIC funding...
yes you can get back... home base office? but the risk.... radiation donno got or not.... other neg. thing....
Old 22-03-2018, 11:32 PM   #840

Thank for sharing.

For anyone who's interested.

Loss adjusted usage is basically factoring transmission loss factor, which takes into account the electricity loss in transition

Meaning when 100 kWh is sent, not 100 kWh is received by the other party. In this case the receiving party has received maybe 98 (example figures don't quote me).

By applying the transmission loss factor, the receiving party technically pays the full price for the 100kWh.

Note that the transmission factor is different based on the load type. For residential I think it's 1.037xxx
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.