Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Open Electricity Market (OEM)

Like Tree581Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #931

2 years is very long

I want to cry,
End up, no vouchers, kena hidden lost transmission adjustment costs so discount is effectively lesser and kena tied for 2 years.

Really is pui chao nua....
Old 23-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #932
Supremacy Member

Hi Qubicfactor,

Ok got it... so if I choose to renew same plan, it will be at the prevailing rate (can be lower or higher).

Random question to all -

Assume I choose to switch provider (from Ohm to Geneco) after 6 mths and the dates are not aligned.

Ohm contract ends 1 Sep 2018 while Geneco contract starts 3 Sep 2018. Does it mean I am not having power for 3 days?

P.S. Of cause, it will be ideal if I get the Ohm to terminate at 1 Sep 2018 at 2359hrs while Geneco starts on 2 Sep 2018 at 0000hrs but I don't know if this is possible.

Cheers,

Jeremy
No lah, just tell geneco when you gonna switch over, they will arrange. Make sure you apply with them a month before your contract with Ohm expires. There won't be a gap with no power, but if you let it lapse it will auto renew which is not what you want if you intend to switch.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #933
Supremacy Member

Hi Qubicfactor,

Ok got it... so if I choose to renew same plan, it will be at the prevailing rate (can be lower or higher).

Random question to all -

Assume I choose to switch provider (from Ohm to Geneco) after 6 mths and the dates are not aligned.

Ohm contract ends 1 Sep 2018 while Geneco contract starts 3 Sep 2018. Does it mean I am not having power for 3 days?

P.S. Of cause, it will be ideal if I get the Ohm to terminate at 1 Sep 2018 at 2359hrs while Geneco starts on 2 Sep 2018 at 0000hrs but I don't know if this is possible.

Cheers,

Jeremy
You can arrange with current retailer to keep you for a few more days if date not aligned with new retailer. The plan they will put you temporarily may not be the plan you were on

Sent from Samsung ZGMF-X20A using GAGT
Old 23-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #934

Ohm work with SP Services so you won't receive separately billing.

Don't need to reapply GIRO

Is Ohm the only retailer where I don’t need to make new, separate billing arrangement?
The remaining retailers all will bill me separately from my non-electricity utilities bill?
Old 23-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #935
Supremacy Member

The usual scam:

1. Privatise.
2. At first offer good value and lower prices.
3. Gradually push up price, comes out with many reasons like cost increasing, etc, while at the same time offer "big discounts". Up price 30% and give you chicken wing (20%) discount.
4. Increase price further, say it's "market forces".
Even if true, you would be even more stupid to snub the chicken wing and let them take whole chicken just like that.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #936

1) Fixed Ohm (6 months = 17.15 cents/kWh , 12 months = 16.95 cents/kWh)
2) Ohm Discount (6 months = 16.82 cents/kWh)

I choose "Fixed Ohm" for 12 months

Why will anyone choose Simply Ohm over Fixed Ohm?
Old 23-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #937

Longer contract gives better rates and i don't need to monitor it like every 6 months.

Hi Smile^_^,

Thanks for your sharing. I'm curious why you didn't take the 6 mths option? Does the price up shoot up after contract ends?

And partly why I am confused in the difference between Fixed Ohm and Ohm discount besides the price.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 23-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #938
Supremacy Member

Saw this in the T&C of Ohm’s price plan:

7) The electricity retailer may require you to pay one or more of the prevailing market-related charges. You may refer to http://www.openelectricitymarket.sg for more information on market-related charges.

So...the rates that Ohm publish, is subjected to these “++” 啊? & these 3rd party charges are undeterministic?
That one i keep explaining liao. Only applies to Market Ohm plan where you pay them $10 service fee and everything else you tank. All other 3 plans are all inclusive means you pay exactly the rate advertised and no more.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #939

Hi jeremysv,

You still would have the power as the power is from the same Grid

Hi Qubicfactor,

Random question to all -

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 23-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #940
Supremacy Member

I must have been reading a different site from you...haha, where do you see this clause?

So the rates Ohm publish up-front, is for the shortest contract I suppose/hope?
You can try toggling the contract terms for fixed Ohm and you would see the rate difference.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #941
Master Member

Even if true, you would be even more stupid to snub the chicken wing and let them take whole chicken just like that.

Relaxlasister. Not saying shouldn't makan the chicken wing. Just an opinion only.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:32 PM   #942
High Supremacy Member

Geneco I read the fine print.. Need to pay $40 for the Aim meter.. Thinking of getting the off peak 50% off plan
Old 23-03-2018, 01:36 PM   #943

Wholesales Electricity Provider: OHM Plans ; Need Promo/Referral code can PM me

Promo extended , while stock last till today 2359 (23 March 2018)

Old 23-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #944
Master Member

Thumbs up

Hi all,

Does Ohm required a deposit? No charges incurred for the 1st 3 mths trial is indeed attractive

P.S. Do share your Ohm discount referral code if you have to me.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Old 23-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #945
Supremacy Member

Relaxlasister. Not saying shouldn't makan the chicken wing. Just an opinion only.
Well, read that as "one would be..." No intention to tekan anyone, just my opinion.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.