HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Should govt remove the 35 years old singles limit?

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #226

Yeah in msia housing is dirt cheap due to low demand n many many land..in fact those jhk come sg work live in hdb room rental they feel its a downgrade in terms of housing.. cos over there in msia ppl either live in condo or landed.. public housing in msia is for the super poor..

Even if they solely earn ringgit, they also can afford a bigger house than Sinkie. They earn ringgit and have big house, though not near city.

Singapore, the whole place is a city, cannot even move out of city unless migrate.

Last edited by surfmax; 13-07-2018 at 11:46 AM..
surfmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #227
Supremacy Member

It's all just managing the numbers. And that, we can leave it to the scholars to figure out. It's an experiment worth trying. And it actually can cost nothing to the Government if they allow singles to buy 2rm flats under 35 but without subsidise.
If government cannot profit, then the issue will not even be discussed, let alone experiment.

They don't want to build too much for singles. They rather have singles buy up the spare resale flats.
Old 13-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #228

Actually i might plan to buy a 5 room resale too as some is even cheaper than a 4 room bto LOL.. but 5 room is abit too big for a couple...

I am a single. Just bought a 5 room resale.

Shiok!! Donít buy BTO and be restricted to 2 rm
Old 13-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #229
Great Supremacy Member

Even if they solely earn ringgit, they also can afford a bigger house than Sinkie. They earn ringgit and have big house, though not near city.

Singapore, the whole place is a city, cannot even move out of city unless migrate.
Huh? Now you move your argument away from affordability to bigger living space?

The fact is still there are options in Singapore for bbfa to move out and have their own living space for ons and piak piak
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #230
Master Member

Funny. I wonder then how the thousands of young men and women who moved out each year manage their lives.
There are about a million Singaporean households.

There are about a quarter million fdw, so around 15-20% of households have maids.

More than a third of married women are not working.

46% of married men ownself declare ownself do less household chores than their wives in msf survey.

Additionally, if girls stay at home, their mums would take care of the majority of the household chores.
SGuy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #231
Great Supremacy Member

Actually i might plan to buy a 5 room resale too as some is even cheaper than a 4 room bto LOL.. but 5 room is abit too big for a couple...
I bought 1260+ sqft, itís so big until I am scare to sleep alone
Old 13-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #232
High Supremacy Member

Huh? Now you move your argument away from affordability to bigger living space?

The fact is still there are options in Singapore for bbfa to move out and have their own living space for ons and piak piak
No leh, still affordability leh. You read again.
They can afford it and afford bigger.
Old 13-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #233
Great Supremacy Member

No leh, still affordability leh. You read again.
They can afford it and afford bigger.
Young bbfa singaporean can also afford bigger and cheaper house at jb too leh if u want to argue about affording a bigger living space but away from city

Do you know how heavy the traffic is going into KL? My friends work at 9am but they drive out to work into KL at 730am FYI
Old 13-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #234
High Supremacy Member

Young bbfa singaporean can also afford bigger and cheaper house at jb too leh if u want to argue about affording a bigger living space but away from city

Do you know how heavy the traffic is going into KL? My friends work at 9am but they drive out to work into KL at 730am FYI
Huh? I'm talking about staying in your own country.
Why you ask Sinkies to go JB to buy house?

1hr 30mins to work is 30-45mins worse than average sinkies who go to work need 45mins and squeeze on mrt/bus while they(msians) drive.
Between, able to own a car+house but need 1.5hr to work vs no house+no car but need to squeeze on public transport for 45mins to go work, you can guess which is better.

Both situation sounds about the same jialat but one is able to own a house+car. The other can't.
Old 13-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #235
Supremacy Member

Yeah in msia housing is dirt cheap due to low demand n many many land..in fact those jhk come sg work live in hdb room rental they feel its a downgrade in terms of housing.. cos over there in msia ppl either live in condo or landed.. public housing in msia is for the super poor..
I was shocked when my m'sia employee said her kampong house is actually a 2 storey small landed house. And very cheap only.
straweffigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #236

Rent out one room to offset yr mthly installment...

Old 13-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #237

Nthing shocking la.. there landed is even cheaper than condo...

I was shocked when my m'sia employee said her kampong house is actually a 2 storey small landed house. And very cheap only.
Old 13-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #238
Great Supremacy Member

Rent out one room to offset yr mthly installment...
The 30% MSR policy make sure all hdb owners can comfortably manage their monthly installment

But I do let oversea friends to come my hse to dwell for free
Old 13-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #239

So hw much u spent on interior design?

The 30% MSR policy make sure all hdb owners can comfortably manage their monthly installment

But I do let oversea friends to come my hse to dwell for free
Old 13-07-2018, 12:26 PM   #240
Supremacy Member

After awhile you'll get used to it de lah. We adapt to such things given enough time. Then will complain not enough de.

I stayed in a 3500 sqft house by myself for awhile
straweffigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.