HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

For Singles to mingle - Part 21

Like Tree2279Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #6886
High Supremacy Member

I'm too used to being here already, hard to get out of comfort zone, but who wouldn't want to be in countries with proper work life balance 30+ a week.

Working longer hours does not makes one more efficient anyway. It's just a bad work culture of Asia..
Lol... Aiya... Watever ppl wan to say also like tat... U work till u die ppl laugh at u being stupid... U dun work ppl say lazy... Anything also can say...

Sent from moon using GAGT
Old 02-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #6887
High Supremacy Member

Never say I'm efficient, I'm in a system that's not efficient in the first place. Btw it's a sweeping statement too, but it's a fact for majority of the job in Asia, there's of course outlier with company that's actually different / good in Asia.

My friend for example was lucky to be in such company. His boss don't question reporting time and time to knock off work, it's flexible for his company, can even disappear after half a day as long as completed work, and when require to work extra they"ll willing to go the extra mile due to that flexibility.

When his boss drove people for long lunch they worry more about lunch take too long (thus need stay back complete work), instead of most others, nua as much as possible during lunch time so that actual "working hours" are shorter.

Just a humble opinion, feel free to have a different opinion as me. I just simply find Asia has developed an unhealthy work culture generically speaking.
I seen company squeeze engineer time till they work aft dinner into the nite n weekends so they save another manpower which they supposed to hire... The money for e extra manpower goes to their bonus... Not e one who work overtime but e manager who make e engineer work...

Old 02-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #6888
High Supremacy Member

hellllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo
Old 02-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #6889
High Supremacy Member

I seen company squeeze engineer time till they work aft dinner into the nite n weekends so they save another manpower which they supposed to hire... The money for e extra manpower goes to their bonus... Not e one who work overtime but e manager who make e engineer work...

That's why work culture here generically not good lor. I'm sure those engineers who OT also not working their 100% one. Turnover rate also will high.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #6890
Great Supremacy Member

Never say I'm efficient, I'm in a system that's not efficient in the first place. Btw it's a sweeping statement too, but it's a fact for majority of the job in Asia, there's of course outlier with company that's actually different / good in Asia.

My friend for example was lucky to be in such company. His boss don't question reporting time and time to knock off work, it's flexible for his company, can even disappear after half a day as long as completed work, and when require to work extra they"ll willing to go the extra mile due to that flexibility.

When his boss drove people for long lunch they worry more about lunch take too long (thus need stay back complete work), instead of most others, nua as much as possible during lunch time so that actual "working hours" are shorter.

Just a humble opinion, feel free to have a different opinion as me. I just simply find Asia has developed an unhealthy work culture generically speaking.

We are still nowhere as bad as Japan and Korea that's for sure....

Though looking at many younger workers and interns these days, sorry to say, have to use theory x to manage more than y...
Old 02-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #6891
High Supremacy Member

We are still nowhere as bad as Japan and Korea that's for sure....

Though looking at many younger workers and interns these days, sorry to say, have to use theory x to manage more than y...
They also asians

Theory x and theory y is what? Can elaborate
Old 02-08-2018, 12:56 PM   #6892
Great Supremacy Member

They also asians

Theory x and theory y is what? Can elaborate

X is more pessimistic view of workers lo.... thinking they are more driven by self gain/money, put in min effort to get things done, will not OT (when needed of course) unless forced....

Y is opposite lo.... trust employees to do the right and needful things.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #6893
High Supremacy Member

X is more pessimistic view of workers lo.... thinking they are more driven by self gain/money, put in min effort to get things done, will not OT (when needed of course) unless forced....

Y is opposite lo.... trust employees to do the right and needful things.
I see I see
Old 02-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #6894
Great Supremacy Member

Neither does shorter hours = better efficiency.

Humans are adaptable... and once some adapted to the shorter hours, the novelty wears off and repeat cycle... plus frankly.... none of us who can post this much during office hours can be accused of being efficient....
Efficient at eating snake

Last edited by Vegitto; 02-08-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Old 02-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #6895
Great Supremacy Member

hellllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo
Hello zehzeh
Old 02-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #6896
Great Supremacy Member

Snake or snack?

Efficient at eating snake
Old 02-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #6897
Great Supremacy Member

Snake or snack?
Both also can
Old 02-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #6898
High Supremacy Member

That's why work culture here generically not good lor. I'm sure those engineers who OT also not working their 100% one. Turnover rate also will high.
Ya lor jin high... But management still survive those engineers take liao exp n go now jin happy keep traveling... Those nv leave de still slogging at nite... Lol...

Last edited by ellen77; 02-08-2018 at 02:19 PM..
Old 02-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #6899
High Supremacy Member

hello meow!

Hello zehzeh
Old 02-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #6900
High Supremacy Member

Reporting in ~
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.