HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What were you doing on 11 Sep 2001?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2019, 05:10 AM   #46

must eat more pig liver/beef for nourishment
Appreciate ur concern. Too bad i hate the taste of liver...

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
chimpchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:24 AM   #47
Master Member

Having my first sex
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:07 AM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

Watching channel newsasia in the morning where they live reporting that NYC is in chaos. Everyone weeping and shouting omg. Bush made a statement. I was sitting down in poly. My first reaction was no big deal, none of my business and I thought TV serial. After the 2nd plane came crashing into the south tower. I was like wtf. A lot of people inside the building. One of the major event that I could not forget.

2nd major event was the sars 2002 Hong Kong spread to Singapore. That time was the most troublesome. Go everywhere ask got fever and take temperature in sch. Felt like an animal. The mrt building full of dettol smell. Go anywhere to a building pls declare got go overseas a not and take temperature before u can go in.

3rd major event is the banda aech major earthquake. That was terrible. Kill so much people till the land turn brown and kill people in penang and pucket. Some sway kia also die in Africa.

4th major event is mh360 missing. How on earth did a huge aeroplane just disappear in thin air.

Some important events like hijack of sq and commandos kill the terrorist, crash of silk air in Indonesia. Still remenber those.

Recent years major event is Joseph schooling won gold for Singapore in Olympic and he went and tattoo his arm with four circle. ^_^ that day I remenber I woke up 9am watch him swimming and I lost 50 bet with my frx
To me, first one is the sars

9/11 don't really make much of an impression since that time I didn't really watch much news, stuck with hw, cca and sleep
Hmm it's a Friday in US so prob sat in sg...

Although the after effects from terrorism in general... Sg also had changes - no more dustbins in mrt stations, schools also had security gates or guards etc...

Sars made a huge impression due to closing of schools and kinda home bound one week after I started dating. The daily temperature checks etc, news of people dying from sars...

Subsequently, there was also the Avian flu h5n1 outbreak in Asia and ebola outbreak in Africa.

Yea I rmb the 2004 tsunami. It came after my tutor passed away from car accident in nz while honeymooning. TV everyday just body count increasing...

2011 tohoku earthquake too... With the nuclear power plant failure reminding people of a potential chernobyl.

Mh370 incident does put a bit of worry on me while I'm taking an air asia flight... As I was feeling unease and trying to reassure myself air travel is relatively safe... The next few days or so... Mh17 occurred... =.=

Posted from PCWX using A mobile device.
eflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #49

i remember i pooped in my school toliet around 11am third cubicle
from the left
Old 11-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #50

Was at a market
stephenricebowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #51

I was at the gym
josiahtechone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

No leh...

I think it happened around 10pm

Singapore time.
10++ pm...
went to bed already that time...
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

10++ pm...
went to bed already that time...
Wah so early sleep

Arh?
Full_Cream_Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #54
Greater Supremacy Member

I was working
Old 11-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

I was in Australia queenland.

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
P R N D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #56
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah so early sleep

Arh?
haha... next day needed to wake up early mah
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #57
High Supremacy Member

Still at Pri 3. Dinner watch news keep seeing plane crash endless loop everywhere.

Sent from A Young Urban Professional With At Least 3 Companies Going After Him - Utility, Telco And Credit Cards using GAGT
PiPiChew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

Overseas studying. Term was about to start and was watching CNN live at a friendís place. Watched the 2nd plane hit the tower live as we were already watching the news after the first one hit the tower.

Our mouth literally pop opened. Soon after got call from parents summoning me back to sg during the holz cos was suppose to go traveling in other parts of US.
JivBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.