Why Japanese prefer filtered coffee more than 3-合-1 instant coffeemix?

shizuka_b

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, jippun kopi is quite watery for me.

but anyways i always buy my morning kopi at famima and lawson, freshly brewed for 100 or 110 yen. mai hiam buay pai lah.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 in 1 is NOT coffee....
It's crap, lowest grade rubbish coffee

Japanese dun like strong coffee....they prefer mild/light coffee

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Real men drink kopi gu you

ilBmMG4.jpg

New Eden

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our coffee shop*********s beans are real shiat stuff, hard to drink kosong.

I have no problem with that leh :s13:

Of course i also appreciate good coffee bean. Now im grinding and brewing some brazilian coffee beans. Really is jin fragrant.

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here actually drunk coffee in Japan? It's so thin and weak, I tried their coffee in several places and they seem to prefer a very weak coffee taste.

ya, their coffee too mild; taste very diluted.

they like it mild, I didn't like it.

darkelf

Master Member
Reaction score
Well as expected Japanese are known for their top notch expectations of products and tastes.
No surprises there.
U can't learn that ethics especially from the chinese.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with that leh :s13:

Of course i also appreciate good coffee bean. Now im grinding and brewing some brazilian coffee beans. Really is jin fragrant.

i try at 5 oars before, it smells ok, but the taste like water leh. is it suppose to taste like tat?

Long black or Americano taste is so much stronger

dreadknight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those asking for strong coffee...
Is it the concentrated taste or the stronger caffeine effect...
Or just the taste of bitterness that is from keeping the coffee on constant heat...aka kopitiam kopi

In terms of japanese coffee, look at their freeze dried selection. It has various range of flavors that they tried to replicate, to cater to various people.

3-in1 coffee is more of time saver... But with how common vending machines are... It's more convenient to just buy canned/bottled coffee

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually when coffee is milder, it helps to bring out the tasting notes (floral/nutty/fruity/earthy).

We r mostly used to the robusta type of beans.

New Eden

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i try at 5 oars before, it smells ok, but the taste like water leh. is it suppose to taste like tat?

Long black or Americano taste is so much stronger

Because too much water and too little coffee?

Reaction score
Has anyone here actually drunk coffee in Japan? It's so thin and weak, I tried their coffee in several places and they seem to prefer a very weak coffee taste.

usually drink at Doutor, Tully's or Excelsior. coffee smell nice with subtle bitterness.

for can version, if u like gaogao kind can consider boss black

Icecreampop

Banned
Reaction score
The reason is because is filtered. Filtered coffee only have nutrients and no harmful chemicals. Remember they have nuclear reactor episode at Fukushima? End up all the agricultural products cannot eat because they are poisoned by the chemical waste in water. So that’s why filtration is very important. Even the Newater we drink in Singapore is filtered.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because too much water and too little coffee?

Maybe just use to it, normally i do esspresso at home de, wanted to try v60 taste like water price like flat white, i try 1 time give up liao.

I now at hm morning esspresso afternoon french press

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.