HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Civil Service 101] Mervyn kor kor teach chu how to enter Civil Service.

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2020, 10:46 PM   #1531

How long will it take to proceed from each MX tier in general?

e.g MX14 to MX13, MX13 to MX 12, etc
onepiecepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:56 PM   #1532
Banned

now many ppl want to get into civil service?

usually they offer you based on last package or what?
defnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:45 PM   #1533
Great Supremacy Member

Happy New Year!

Finally signed the 1.5 years contract with the GLC today. Will be contracted to work with HPB. True enough, the salary is below my expectations. Wonder how easy it is to go from one GLC to another in future.

Side story: Scored an interview with SPRING yesterday. Got acquainted with someone I met from a networking event who helped me to get the interview. In the afternoon they called to say I'm shortlisted for the job. Intially what they offered was lower than the GLC since it's a 6 months contract executive. When they finally got the approval to match the salary, I already accepted the GLC's offer. I feel bad to miss this opportunity and they're really keen to get me on board. Then again the contract is only 6 months, nobody can promise anything since SPRING is merging with IE a few month's down the road. Nothing is set in stone.

It really baffles me how quickly they called to shortlist me for the job on the same day. Usually public sector would take some time for the recruitment process. I've waited since November for the position at HPB.
congratulations on getting a job.
though it is a contract role, it might be a place to springboard you to more experienced roles in future.
Old 20-01-2021, 05:42 PM   #1534

For Private Uni Graduates, what can be expected from the remuneration package in Civil Service for say a 30 years old with 5 years of working experiences in Private

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
NeverTooLate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:46 AM   #1535

anyone working at MAS? can share the culture?

also if got 2 years of exp, what position should I apply? Associate or AD?
Normally, fresh grads who join MAS will be "re-designated" (we don't call it promotion) after 3 years. I had 2 year 6 months experience when I applied for AD role but when I joined, I had 2 year 11 months. But I also known people who although has 3 years of experience, only got Associate role but gets re-deisgnated to AD after 1 year. I don't recommend you to join within 3 years because you will need to organise events for the company in the Recreation Club (which is saikang). Because I'm 3 weeks short of 3 full years, I am stuck in this club for 2 years (the oldest person there, the rest are fresh grads/scholars).

Culture, they use very cheem words to write emails, fresh grads like to Hao Lian about their education in LSE or whatever. I don't really like the fresh grads, so I make friends with older auntie colleagues and can learn from them la.

Last edited by 9eptember18; 02-02-2021 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: typo
9eptember18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:57 AM   #1536

Anyone working in skillsfuture as analyst?
Hows the working environment there like?
ragegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:52 PM   #1537

Any sexperts know if CEP will be brought over from ministry to stat board? Or start afresh
Drawstring_Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:32 PM   #1538

How long will it take to proceed from each MX tier in general?

e.g MX14 to MX13, MX13 to MX 12, etc
Each tier gap is 5 years. Regardless of how well you perform.
frozened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:34 PM   #1539

Any sexperts know if CEP will be brought over from ministry to stat board? Or start afresh
Stat board follow differently. They are not bounded by CEP. But performance based, for example you jump from MHA to JTC. You dont bring over your CEP. But it might be used to determine your starting salary.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:35 PM   #1540

For Private Uni Graduates, what can be expected from the remuneration package in Civil Service for say a 30 years old with 5 years of working experiences in Private

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
Depends which ministry/board and which place you enter. Expected starting base $3000-$3500. Some parts of civil service do not consider your experience.
Old 21-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #1541

For private unis is it difficult to get a manager position in the public service? Went for a few interviews but not successful.
MrLampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2021, 02:13 PM   #1542

Has anyone attended any interviews under Trainee position?

Hi guysss, I recently applied for a position in HDB from careersfuture.com and got an invitation for a virtual interview. Would like to know if anyone has already went for an interview under a Trainee position, if yes how was it like?
Any help is appreciated, thanks
bbloh888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.