[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

cz287cj

Reaction score
?!.....wah lau..:eek:

by right must pass ippt, but those fail one go by left? training wise, the training schedule is damn **** up.

discipline is lax. recruiting, any tom, dick and harry they also take. that's y u see so many issues with cisco apo. i heard aetos has strict discipline during their training period compared to cisco.

for those not sure may try apoe. after your 1 year bond complete and if u wish to stay on can convert to apo.

ngyuanxin

Reaction score
i was wondering how long would the clearance period take. I am an ex-APO from another auxiliary police, and I am joining AETOS. But I am waiting for their management to call me to go for training and etc. I was hoping for an advice on this since I know that if even I dont get a call now doesnt mean I am not qualified. They would inform irregardless whether you have been taken or not. Anyone can advice me?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just call them since nothing is stopping you. For clearance, I waited for many months before they get back to me (while I also call them back to check) then you also needs to wait for enough people to join APO to form a class for course intake.

So if you are con-currently looking for other jobs, most likely you get other job rather then APO.

i was wondering how long would the clearance period take. I am an ex-APO from another auxiliary police, and I am joining AETOS. But I am waiting for their management to call me to go for training and etc. I was hoping for an advice on this since I know that if even I dont get a call now doesnt mean I am not qualified. They would inform irregardless whether you have been taken or not. Anyone can advice me?

Tokieda

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you decline job after clearing medical and clearance, need to pay them back the medical fees?

TheSilentBang

Master Member
Reaction score
1 thing turn off abt these apo is the confinement training. Although is 1 time only but fk that sh!t, not gonna do that for months

cz287cj

Reaction score
1 thing turn off abt these apo is the confinement training. Although is 1 time only but fk that sh!t, not gonna do that for months

not sure about aetos but cisco never check who is suppose to stay in as too many are on training and not all have received their clearance during their training period.

those without clearance need not stay in. so once u receive your clearance, u have to stay but some also never stay.

those under qualified category (ex spf, nsf police) also need not stay in and their training duration are slightly shorter.

cz287cj

Reaction score

junior officers took about 1 month plus. i do heard that some completed their training but in the end couldn't get their clearance. end up wasting their 2 months of training.

TheresHope

Reaction score
Hope any current or ex AETOS or CISCO personnel can clarify this issue.

Based on this post (See Link below) from an Ex-AETOS officer, the highest he ever got paid was $3.2k including CPF and he claimed that he accumulated about 320 hours per month.

Link: Ex Aetos security officer works 320 hours a month and injures himself

Is he giving accurate information regarding the salary?

I understand APOs work long hours but to get only $3.2K per month does not sound right. From I heard, if an APO chiong hard, his/her gross is $4-$5K per month but I might be wrong, if I am wrong, please enlighten me.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to work as HR & one of an old staff quit his APO job & return to join us. I cannot remember the amount of OT & the actual gross salary but it should be around $3.5K to $3.8K.

From HR point of view, the only possible reason for APO to earn only $3.2K per month while his peers can earn $4 to $5K is because of his basic salary is low.

To add on, I don't believe APO is earning near to $5K & the most is near to $4K+ for most junior APO (Estimated CPL & below).

SGT & above are supervisor & it depend on site deployment cause most site do not needs supervisor & only assignments like airport, customs & etc required supervisors.

No point for organizations to lose money when client pay for 'man' level but you deploy 'supervisor' level for assignment.

Hope any current or ex AETOS or CISCO personnel can clarify this issue.

Based on this post (See Link below) from an Ex-AETOS officer, the highest he ever got paid was $3.2k including CPF and he claimed that he accumulated about 320 hours per month.

Link: Ex Aetos security officer works 320 hours a month and injures himself

Is he giving accurate information regarding the salary?

I understand APOs work long hours but to get only $3.2K per month does not sound right. From I heard, if an APO chiong hard, his/her gross is $4-$5K per month but I might be wrong, if I am wrong, please enlighten me.

TheresHope

Reaction score
I used to work as HR & one of an old staff quit his APO job & return to join us. I cannot remember the amount of OT & the actual gross salary but it should be around $3.5K to $3.8K.

From HR point of view, the only possible reason for APO to earn only $3.2K per month while his peers can earn $4 to $5K is because of his basic salary is low.

To add on, I don't believe APO is earning near to $5K & the most is near to $4K+ for most junior APO (Estimated CPL & below).

SGT & above are supervisor & it depend on site deployment cause most site do not needs supervisor & only assignments like airport, customs & etc required supervisors.

No point for organizations to lose money when client pay for 'man' level but you deploy 'supervisor' level for assignment.

Thank You for your clarification.

Just curious, i got 2 questions:-

1) any idea what does AETOS Insp(APF) do? You can PM me if its sensitive.

2) and is it possible to get a promotion to INSP if I join AETOS APO as SGT first?

I'm eligible to go direct as INSP but I prefer to go the "long" route. I know its sound kind of dumb but I like to earn the respect from the people on the ground first.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The requirement for AETOS Insp(APF) is only a Polytechnic Diploma but you are competing the position with Degree holder. I will advice you to directly sign up for Insp(APF) rather then JO if that is what you want for a career.

I heard that Cisco have Direct SGT but I don't think AETOS have it. Traditional, all APO (JO) start from PC rank unlike SPF which can directly start from CPL or SGT. So you better check it out.

There are people who are promoted to AETOS Insp(APF) from a JO rank. Majorly of them are old when they get the promotion but once in a blue moon, youngsters maybe chosen to be promoted to Insp(APF) as part of their wayang career advertisement.

As Insp(APF), you may plan and implement security coverage & manage in mobile control room or even be an assistant / team leader to lead your APO on the ground for patrolling for public event. For other assignments, your job is to manage & schedule your APO shift roster. You will write report & account to higher management or client. Anything APO cannot make decision on the ground, you do it!

So please don't tell me the bull.sh.it thing about "earn the respect from the people on the ground first" cause there is no such thing.

Thank You for your clarification.

Just curious, i got 2 questions:-

1) any idea what does AETOS Insp(APF) do? You can PM me if its sensitive.

2) and is it possible to get a promotion to INSP if I join AETOS APO as SGT first?

I'm eligible to go direct as INSP but I prefer to go the "long" route. I know its sound kind of dumb but I like to earn the respect from the people on the ground first.

TheresHope

Reaction score
The requirement for AETOS Insp(APF) is only a Polytechnic Diploma but you are competing the position with Degree holder. I will advice you to directly sign up for Insp(APF) rather then JO if that is what you want for a career.

I heard that Cisco have Direct SGT but I don't think AETOS have it. Traditional, all APO (JO) start from PC rank unlike SPF which can directly start from CPL or SGT. So you better check it out.

There are people who are promoted to AETOS Insp(APF) from a JO rank. Majorly of them are old when they get the promotion but once in a blue moon, youngsters maybe chosen to be promoted to Insp(APF) as part of their wayang career advertisement.

As Insp(APF), you may plan and implement security coverage & manage in mobile control room or even be an assistant / team leader to lead your APO on the ground for patrolling for public event. For other assignments, your job is to manage & schedule your APO shift roster. You will write report & account to higher management or client. Anything APO cannot make decision on the ground, you do it!

So please don't tell me the bull.sh.it thing about "earn the respect from the people on the ground first" cause there is no such thing.

Thanks for your insight!

You've been a great help.

Yes, CISCO has a direct SGT intake for Diploma and above.

I'm contemplating between CISCO and AETOS.

Most of the acquaintances I know currently work in CISCO as APO, none from AETOS. I don't have any "insight" regarding AETOS.

Hopefully, anyone here (if any) who had switched from CISCO to AETOS can share their experiences.

cz287cj

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight!

You've been a great help.

Yes, CISCO has a direct SGT intake for Diploma and above.

I'm contemplating between CISCO and AETOS.

Most of the acquaintances I know currently work in CISCO as APO, none from AETOS. I don't have any "insight" regarding AETOS.

Hopefully, anyone here (if any) who had switched from CISCO to AETOS can share their experiences.

if u ae joining as a junior officer, i heard cisco is more interested in recruiting APOE for now. Their recruitment for APO will start sometime next year.

Dun get smoke by those recruiter saying your work days is 2 day 2 night 2 off. Basically it depend on the division u are posted to. most of them work on 5 or 6 days with 1 day off.

and depending on your DY. some of them will not entertain your request to change shift if u are assigned a permanent shift which u do not like.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.