HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #271

U will need to find the DO in advance if u do nit wish to do ot. Also i heard that its much easier to take leave as your DO will find cover for u unlike Cisco.

What about SATS APO?I went to the interview and their working hrs is only, 8hrs. Anything exceeded is consider overtime but they have hybrid shift.
cz287cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #272

Depend on how fast the police work. Can take up to 3 weeks or more.

How long it takes to approved the PLRD License?
Old 21-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #273

Dun worry about the pace. Its manageable and its heaven

Thanks. When does your training start? Do let us know how it's like. I'm very keen to know what's the pace of life like.
matchless7 likes this.
Old 21-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #274

Dun worry about the pace. Its manageable and its heaven
I heard SATS also outsource their training to conduct at Cisco, if so then super relieved.
matchless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #275

Sats apo training is also done by cisco at certis academy. U may be lucky to meet Taiwanese mei mei.

I heard SATS also outsource their training to conduct at Cisco, if so then super relieved.
matchless7 likes this.
Old 21-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #276

Sats apo training is also done by cisco at certis academy. U may be lucky to meet Taiwanese mei mei.
Ooo....twmm who signed on cisco is it?
matchless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 12:18 AM   #277

Sats and cisco also have. I heard sats assignment are mostly on the east side, especially changi airport.

If u get airport assignment, u shouldnt worry too much as their job requirement is not as stringent as cisco.

Ooo....twmm who signed on cisco is it?
matchless7 likes this.
Old 24-02-2018, 03:52 AM   #278

Hi everyone, first time posting here. I'm really interested in getting a job as auxiliary police officer but not sure which co. to choose. Heard Aetos was better until someone here mentioned that the working hours are longer than Certis. Is it a must for us to work OT? Also, what about holiday compensation? Do we get to work less hours for that particular month? (let's say 12 hrs less for each holiday?)

I'm also thinking of signing on as Aetos Insp but I'm a female and only planning to work for about 1.5 years to earn enough for my uni fees (currently a dip holder). Right now I have Police Officer Basic Course Cert from SPF, will my chances of getting Insp be higher? Also will there be a bond to serve for Aetos Insp? I couldn't find it anywhere from their website.

Thanks in advance if anyone could answer me

Last edited by Bria1721; 24-02-2018 at 04:06 AM..
Bria1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #279
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi everyone, first time posting here. I'm really interested in getting a job as auxiliary police officer but not sure which co. to choose. Heard Aetos was better until someone here mentioned that the working hours are longer than Certis. Is it a must for us to work OT? Also, what about holiday compensation? Do we get to work less hours for that particular month? (let's say 12 hrs less for each holiday?)

I'm also thinking of signing on as Aetos Insp but I'm a female and only planning to work for about 1.5 years to earn enough for my uni fees (currently a dip holder). Right now I have Police Officer Basic Course Cert from SPF, will my chances of getting Insp be higher? Also will there be a bond to serve for Aetos Insp? I couldn't find it anywhere from their website.

can ask during interview
Old 24-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #280
Arch-Supremacy Member

Regardless if you are a PO or SO with SPF, you still needs to be train & assess in WSQ in order to become an APF PO or SO.

There are so many VSC PO, Ex-NSF PO & Ex-Regular PO from SPF, so you are nothing special to even consider for SO(APF) position in Ateos or other APF Organizations. The only way to increase your chance in Ateos is to have a Degree especially a good Hons Degree (1st class or 2nd upper class) since majorly of SO (APF) applicants are Degree holder. So if you want to have a better chance, join PO instead of SO in Ateos since you are only a Diploma holder. But if you want to join as PO, I will advice you to sign up with Cisco as direct SGT since Ateos do not have that.

I don't call it a bond but rather employment contract. If you fail to pass out from course as P/Insp, you needs to pay liquidated damages. If you fail to be promoted from P/Insp to Insp (1) after 1 year of service, you needs to pay liquidated damages.

Let just say you will encounter to be force to work OT & have bad schedule for shift work. As PO, you will get OT pay & get signing bonus. As SO, you will not get OT pay & no such thing as signing bonus.

Old 24-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #281

Depending on your unit. For cisco daily ot after your working hours is not a must. But ot on public holiday and on one of your off day is a must do.

When you are approached by your colleagues to cover them (on your off days) when they want to take annual leave, its up to u.

You will be paid if you are a po.

bedbuger likes this.
Old 25-02-2018, 01:48 PM   #282

I see, thanks everyone for your insight!
Bria1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 12:19 AM   #283

Its not a good career option. These companies are no different from other sme. Low pay and long working hours.

Their leave system only make it difficult to take leave and force u into longer working hours.

Talking how much they care for their employees, its all talk only since its not going to cost them anything. Giving u some free lunch during holiday period like damn big dua kee just to make u feel better.

I see, thanks everyone for your insight!
Old 27-02-2018, 12:34 AM   #284

so did u head down for the interview ?
Luffyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #285

Thx for the reply.
I went to AETOS for the interview juz now b4 11am and they do have direct intake for unarmed outriders. After the interview, I went straight to their authorized clinic to do a simple medical check up. Now at clementi polyclinic waiting to do chest X-ray.
As informed, security clearance takes up to 3-4weeks b4 i can know if i'm selected. No ippt & firearms training required. 8 weeks in-camp training, book out on friday & book in on sunday evening. Allowance less than half of the salary during training. Bond for 1 year after completion of training.
Hi may i know how much is the joining bonus for Aetos? and how how is the pay out structure? For Cisco joining bonus is 15k for poly diploma holders, paid out 5k/yr for 3 yrs of service. 1st 5k u'll receive after u complete training (abt 2mths) , 2nd 5k in e 2nd yr, n 3rd 5k in e 3rd yr of service. For non diploma holders joining bonus is 10k, 2k in 1st yr, 4k in 2nd yr, 4k in 3rd yr.

Was told by e recruitment officer in Cisco tt during e 2 mths of APO training, u're paid 1480/mth. After passing out, basic salary is 2575/mth for cpl and 2600/mth for sgt, xcluding OT, which is abt $20/hr. APO r required to put in working hrs 223hrs/mth.

Was told tt an avg APO draws a monthly gross of abt 3.4k-3.9k. Anyone can verify this figure? Cos its very close to what most working in typical jobs with a variable wage component r getting...which doesn't quite adds up, since their basic pay (usually below 2k) n OT rate is considerably lower, n put in similar total amt of OT hrs/mth?
LUCKYBUYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.