HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #691

There are actually a lot of locals and some of them are graduates but working as a Security Officer (SO).
Nah, majority graduates are NOT full time. Don't worry. Most work either EVENT or part time/ad hoc basis.

Why i know because i on an off security
Aquarius81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:50 AM   #692
Arch-Supremacy Member

For graduates, Event is only for those who have full time job and want to earn additional income by working weekend/holiday or take few days leave to work for package. Alternate those graduates are unemployed or/and prefer to work shorter hours.

Cause part timer (for site assignment) have ...

1) better time management to arrange for job interview.

2) possible same or higher wages (but without benefits) but lesser responsibility (like shift IC, trainer, etc) compare to full timer.

How I know? Cause I am now an 'unemployed (without a full time job)' graduate working as a part time security officer for event and site assignment (but in this industry for many years).

Nah, majority graduates are NOT full time. Don't worry. Most work either EVENT or part time/ad hoc basis.

Why i know because i on an off security
Old 08-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #693

C- 13th Month already built in according to HR
S- Still entitled to 13th Mth bonus as their main business is still aviation, not secruity.
So sats apo have 13mth bonus? I went for the interview but I rmb them telling me no or maybe I heard wrongly.
Luffyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #694

For graduates, Event is only for those who have full time job and want to earn additional income by working weekend/holiday or take few days leave to work for package. Alternate those graduates are unemployed or/and prefer to work shorter hours.

Cause part timer (for site assignment) have ...

1) better time management to arrange for job interview.

2) possible same or higher wages (but without benefits) but lesser responsibility (like shift IC, trainer, etc) compare to full timer.

How I know? Cause I am now an 'unemployed (without a full time job)' graduate working as a part time security officer for event and site assignment (but in this industry for many years).
I mention the word above MAJORITY. Not all.
Are you longer than me ? 20 years in this industry
Maybe i said maybe i guess RTT 2.0 ?

Last edited by Aquarius81; 08-01-2019 at 12:40 PM..
Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #695

Why would you want to consider working a ULU place? Unless your hobby is smelly of toxic gases/ love noise pollution ?
Not necessary. Bukom APO has high pay, relax job, good bonus plus not much red teaming. So free until go time for fishing.
Blowpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #696

Correction on some statements.

As P/Insp, your men gross salary are higher than you cause you do not have OT pay.

They work long can finally get their Signing Bonus but APF SO do not have Signing Bonus.

Your APOs play you out, you needs to attend to Clients' complains and answer to your Company Management. Not necessary true. No one wants to have a bad working relationship with management as Boss always have the upper hand in promotion, leave approval etc

You are almost working like 24/7 and still needs to stand in for SGTs if you cannot get a relief SGT for site assignment. In some aspect is true until u manage to pull a Sgt/Cpl in but such cases is rare.

Not easy job...
Men are frustrated as they always face lack of manpower hence lesser their relief & breaks hence make them very tired. Unfortunately, a small Insp cannot do much anyway contrary to what the men expect you to do. That'y u either just end up endure all this nonsense or move away after 1 year or so. Until a new beaming Insp come in take over all the **** then cycle start all over again.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #697
Arch-Supremacy Member

I mention the word above MAJORITY. Not all.

Noted.

Are you longer than me ? 20 years in this industry

You are longer than me. I only have 12 years of experience in this industry.

Maybe i said maybe i guess RTT 2.0 ?

What is RTT 2.0?
Old 08-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #698
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not necessary true. No one wants to have a bad working relationship with management as Boss always have the upper hand in promotion, leave approval etc

For example, your workstation cannot eat, bring in smartphone and etc but sure there will be joker who do that. Some even take pictures and sent to friends which will end up in the public media. How to answer to client and management when your APOs are all working adult?

In some aspect is true until u manage to pull a Sgt/Cpl in but such cases is rare.

Some site assignments needs SGT and that time not much NCO (CPLs & SGTs) unlike now so many direct SGT.

Men are frustrated as they always face lack of manpower hence lesser their relief & breaks hence make them very tired. Unfortunately, a small Insp cannot do much anyway contrary to what the men expect you to do. That'y u either just end up endure all this nonsense or move away after 1 year or so. Until a new beaming Insp come in take over all the **** then cycle start all over again.

True.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #699

Noted.

You are longer than me. I only have 12 years of experience in this industry.

What is RTT 2.0?

RTT previously was from HCTA. But its content is about less than 50% and this is what the Trainer told me. The other is CSSV module from HCTA.

I heard from the Trainer that infuture security officers might need to attend this course. ( Compulsory )

In short, we call it RTT Version 2.0

Last edited by Aquarius81; 08-01-2019 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-01-2019, 11:45 PM   #700
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually CSS-V already there during HCTA time and just that HCTA also cover part of CSS-V + RTT which is why untrue rumor claim that CSS-V is a new module like RTT that are replacing HCTA.

Due to HCTA is harder to pass & Government want all SO to know something about 'Terrorist' to impress the world, so they created RTT to replace HCTA.

From 1 Jan 2020, new bird SOs required to obtain RTT as 3rd basic licensing modules before they can get their SO licence. Old bird SOs like us can chose not to do RTT but only limited to work in warehouse and condo w.e.f. 1 Jan 2020.

If you have HCTA, you are consider RTT exempted. And PLRD strongly encouraged HCTA-trained SOs to view the SGSecure videos on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Automated External Defibrillators and Improvised First Aid Skills. However the true is RTT-trained SOs are not trained in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Automated External Defibrillators and Improvised First Aid Skills.

Haha, so base on your logic, it should call 'HCTA version 2.0' cause RTT is still at version 1.0.

RTT previously was from HCTA. But its content is about less than 50% and this is what the Trainer told me. The other is CSSV module from HCTA.

I heard from the Trainer that infuture security officers might need to attend this course. ( Compulsory )

In short, we call it RTT Version 2.0
Old 10-01-2019, 09:25 PM   #701

Actually CSS-V already there during HCTA time and just that HCTA also cover part of CSS-V + RTT which is why untrue rumor claim that CSS-V is a new module like RTT that are replacing HCTA.

Due to HCTA is harder to pass & Government want all SO to know something about 'Terrorist' to impress the world, so they created RTT to replace HCTA.

From 1 Jan 2020, new bird SOs required to obtain RTT as 3rd basic licensing modules before they can get their SO licence. Old bird SOs like us can chose not to do RTT but only limited to work in warehouse and condo w.e.f. 1 Jan 2020.

If you have HCTA, you are consider RTT exempted. And PLRD strongly encouraged HCTA-trained SOs to view the SGSecure videos on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Automated External Defibrillators and Improvised First Aid Skills. However the true is RTT-trained SOs are not trained in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Automated External Defibrillators and Improvised First Aid Skills.

Haha, so base on your logic, it should call 'HCTA version 2.0' cause RTT is still at version 1.0.
What you said above HCTA , i already know.

As for RTT 2.0,

Many newbies don't even heard of HCTA. So majority of us just use the RTT word which is now very common and HOT...LOL

Btw, i just came across this.

WOW ! Never heard of this module

Perform Security Duties at Protected Areas and Protected Places

This module only avaliable at T.Poly SII . Other academy never heard have this module.

Last edited by Aquarius81; 10-01-2019 at 09:32 PM..
Old 10-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #702
Arch-Supremacy Member

What you said above HCTA , i already know.

As for RTT 2.0,

Many newbies don't even heard of HCTA. So majority of us just use the RTT word which is now very common and HOT...

Lol, icic...

, i just came across this.

WOW ! Never heard of this module

Perform Security Duties at Protected Areas and Protected Places

This module only avaliable at T.Poly SII . Other academy never heard have this module.

This course has been in the industry for a long time but mostly for APOs. So training schools will be Aetos & etc.

Did not attend this course before but I read up my guidelines for my site assignment and it show part of this : https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Acts-Supp/41-...cDate=20171031
Old 11-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #703

Did not attend this course before but I read up my guidelines for my site assignment and it show part of this : https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Acts-Supp/41-...cDate=20171031

Never take up this course during my APO time..lol
Old 13-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #704

Sats APO previously advertise that that minimum requirement is diploma but recent ads indicated N level. What's the salary difference and sign on bonus between this 2?
Luffyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #705

Sats APO previously advertise that that minimum requirement is diploma but recent ads indicated N level. What's the salary difference and sign on bonus between this 2?
Is the direct entry rank
Dip & Above= Sgt
Higher & Nitec= Cpl
N & O level= PC

Is not wise to put any monetary figure here.. better u check with the recruiter directly.

Last edited by Blowpipe; 13-01-2019 at 09:55 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.