[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

RexxarLoh

Reaction score
Hi I saw on jobstreet, certis cisco is currently hiring APO, and there is a join bonus of $16k. The salary range is $2,700 to $3,640. Can I check if with degree, which will be considered for direct entry as SGT, roughly how much would the salary be?

I am a female and I am interested in APO.
But can I ask what is the difference between SPF- police and APO?

Why would you interested in APO? As a degree holder, if possible go into SPF. Better pay and maybe better working hours.

The salary range looks good but you need to work longer hours than other jobs on paper. Although many other jobs in Sg nowadays also work longer hours than stated on paper. But for APO, it is confirmed that you need to work that long hours.

Around 2 years ago I was considering it too. During that time i heard company A was better than C. If you want lesser working hours and can accept lesser pay, go company S.

However I am not sure how is the situation now.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why would you interested in APO? As a degree holder, if possible go into SPF. Better pay and maybe better working hours.

The salary range looks good but you need to work longer hours than other jobs on paper. Although many other jobs in Sg nowadays also work longer hours than stated on paper. But for APO, it is confirmed that you need to work that long hours.

Around 2 years ago I was considering it too. During that time i heard company A was better than C. If you want lesser working hours and can accept lesser pay, go company S.

However I am not sure how is the situation now.

I won't even recommend any degree holder to enter SPF or APO. Police Officers in SG are looked down upon by citizens. Citizens do not fear the Police. Long working hours, promotion are hard. Salary per hour is comparable to MacDonald.

Why not go work in the area of field that you studied on? Salary wise where got $3600? SGT is just $2,700. No one interested in OT unless chiong to buy house/weddingring/car. Sure u can chiong OT a few months to get to $3,200 but u will be completely drained out for that month. Most that entered aren't highly educated so no choice.

Anyway does C and A have Corporate Plan benefit for mobile phones? Some company got 30% to 60% off.

Last edited:

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A scheduled me to go update the CPS system.
Does it mean that after this, I will be confirmed for the upcoming course?

Aquarius81

Master Member
Reaction score
I won't even recommend any degree holder to enter SPF or APO. Police Officers in SG are looked down upon by citizens. Citizens do not fear the Police. Long working hours, promotion are hard. Salary per hour is comparable to MacDonald.

Emm partially you are wrong. A or C company both are equally slow in promotion. If really compare only these 2, then A win. ;)

But if compare S, S win hands down. Unless you cannot make it IPPT /Shooooting test. :(

If during my time which is 20 over years ago, the promotion is slow like a snail be it A or C. You hardly see any Sergeant rank. :eek:

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emm partially you are wrong. A or C company both are equally slow in promotion. If really compare only these 2, then A win. ;)

But if compare S, S win hands down. Unless you cannot make it IPPT /Shooooting test. :(

If during my time which is 20 over years ago, the promotion is slow like a snail be it A or C. You hardly see any Sergeant rank. :eek:

Not saying which is good. But overall all sucks, even SPF. Unless u can go in as inspector directly. Bloody police officers still need time to return and draw arms before duty. Start earlier and end later. Key is how much is your pay per hour? From checkin to checkout.

Not to say U must look decent. A ton of grooming standard to adhere to.

To me, the management need to understand the junior executives. Not just in these few security companies. Working long hours, but low pay.

If nonstop punishment or scolding, no benefits, increment, promotion, who will stay for long. That's why the bloody staff turnover rate is so high. Bonus in enticing the recruits could have been used to keep the workers.

C offers 20k bonus previously spread across 4.5 years. Now left 16k like Aetos, maybe they recruit alot newbies. I would say maybe 15% or even 10% can last till end of 4.5 years.

Aquarius81

Master Member
Reaction score
Not saying which is good. But overall all sucks, even SPF. Unless u can go in as inspector directly. Bloody police officers still need time to return and draw arms before duty. Start earlier and end later. Key is how much is your pay per hour? From checkin to checkout.

Not to say U must look decent. A ton of grooming standard to adhere to.

To me, the management need to understand the junior executives. Not just in these few security companies. Working long hours, but low pay.

If nonstop punishment or scolding, no benefits, increment, promotion, who will stay for long. That's why the bloody staff turnover rate is so high. Bonus in enticing the recruits could have been used to keep the workers.

C offers 20k bonus previously spread across 4.5 years. Now left 16k like Aetos, maybe they recruit alot newbies. I would say maybe 15% or even 10% can last till end of 4.5 years.

It ALL depends individual. Doesn't mean ALL 3 company suits that particular person.

But IF that person with DEGREE and especially with Honors, it is wise to stick to SPF. Promotion opportunity is there. And also got chance to explore different types of work/department.

Afterall it boils down to each person preference. Some prefer challenging work example like: Investigation related job scope. While some prefer more outdoor or even static duty. So upto 1 needs lah.

No company/government is perfect :s8:

And finally think of LONG TERM, rather mindset setting @ only 3 to 5 years :D

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It ALL depends individual. Doesn't mean ALL 3 company suits that particular person.

But IF that person with DEGREE and especially with Honors, it is wise to stick to SPF. Promotion opportunity is there. And also got chance to explore different types of work/department.

Afterall it boils down to each person preference. Some prefer challenging work example like: Investigation related job scope. While some prefer more outdoor or even static duty. So upto 1 needs lah.

No company/government is perfect :s8:

Since when A pays more? I thought the 3 companies A C S are about the same?

And finally think of LONG TERM, rather mindset setting @ only 3 to 5 years :D

If I had degree / honours, I would prefer to join SPF as an Inspector, compared to APOs because of more money. But to be honest, I wouldn't join either because of the crazy long hours. Jobs like accounting have crazy long hours but at least they are promoted every 1~2 years, increment of >$500 annually.

Most people just want more money.

Long Term wise I don't think most can take long hours daily, so at most 2~4 years. If didn't get more salary or promotion after years of loyal service, probably the company doesn't value the individual as much.

I heard that a SGT from A jumps to Inspector rank in SPF. No degree and stuff. Just experienced. Possible?

Ppengpeng

Reaction score
Only C can choose.

Thank you. But still thinking which to choose (A/C), would be appreciate if there’s anyone who can share more about these two, cos I read through all the previous comments, I know that A have a good pay, but tiring of the OT, and B quite flexible, can choose deployment; close to East side, but the pay lesser than A.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.