[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Kljb74

Reaction score
Hello All
I have gathered some info from this thread and wish to clarify some questions w rgd specifically to APO armed sgt for C and A (pls keep within this rank thank you):

-need to clock monthly total hours of 242h n 240h respectively, if did not hit how they calculate ur basic mthly pay? Is it use the number of hours clocked for tat mth x basic hr rate?

-can share how to calculate the basic hour rate? Eg. If basic mthly pay for apo arm sgt for c and a is 2700 n 3050 respectively, does it means basic hour rate = 2700/242h for c and 3050/240h for a?

-And also if take mc or leave for 1 day, does it means since is 12hr shift so they will deduct 12hr from your required total hours of 242h or 240h?

-is the ot calculated by using basic hour rate x 1.5 regardless of day; be it off day or after scheduled daily working hours?

-is the joining bonus same @$16k for both C and A? And how it is being payout? (there is a few different variation from this thread but i suppose there shd b only one std answer for C and one for A rite).

-any 13mth aws and performance/variable bonus (not joining bonus) for C and A? (some mention yes and some no).

-14 days mc for C and A, but leaves are 14days for C and 10days for A? True?

Pls correct me if any info abv is incorrect.
Any current apo/recruiter for both 2 coys can help me in abv questions... No offence but those guessing bro and sis pls refrain from replying as hearsay can b misleading... I wish to have a clearer pictures here for myself and those inspiring to join the mentioned rank... TIA.

Betrayedlove

Master Member
Reaction score
13 month bonus yes for C and A. 16k bonus is paid within 3 years.
Basic for C is $2700 + $200 allowance, A is $3050 + $300 or $350 allowance(I can't rmb).
If take mc won't deduct the hours for both coy.

Last edited:

Kljb74

Reaction score
Thank you for e info, much appreciated. Saw ur previous posts n me too looking at c & a but have nt gone for any interview yet.

-so wat allowance is tat called for c & a? Is it shift allowance? And any condition to meet b4 we get it?

-for e mc part mayb i shd rephrase, eg. For A total hr to clock per mth is 240hr on a 12hr shift, so 240/12= 20 wrk days, if we wrk only 19days + 1day mc, does it means tat we have hit 240hr n wil get e basic mthly pay of 3050. Or does it means no we still owe 12hr to hit 240hr thus we wil nt get 3050, and if so, how much wil we get? Is it using basic hr rate $12.70 (3050/240) x 228hrs (total hrs clocked for this case; 240hr-12hr <1day mc>) equals $2895.60 estimated.

Sorry to ask so many questions but i m serious in getting to know the benefits for c & a (i have read thru all the 98pages fr this thread) but could nt find a definite answer hence asking here b4 i decide whether to arrange for interview. If i have gather enuf info then i can help to ask watever doubts leftover n share w you mayb thru pm if u still wish to knw.

13 month bonus yes for C and A. 16k bonus is paid within 3 years.
Basic for C is $2700 + $200 allowance, A is $3050 + $300 or $350 allowance(I can't rmb).
If take mc won't deduct the hours for both coy.

Kljb74

Reaction score
Does it means tat the ot rate is higher for c? Or wat other pay package components contribute to e higher gross? Or is it just a general statement fr e bros here. If nt convenient to talk here pls let me knw i can pm u. Mayb we can help each other to finalise our choice haha.

Some bros shared with me the gross salary is higher in C than A.

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
I won't even recommend any degree holder to enter SPF or APO. Police Officers in SG are looked down upon by citizens. Citizens do not fear the Police. Long working hours, promotion are hard. Salary per hour is comparable to MacDonald.

SPF and APO are good careers.

First of all, given my circumstances, it would be different compared to those who have a family and kids to take care of, and with even age old parents in mind. For me, i'm married, but no kids, and we have no burden as in loans or whatsoever.

When we put on the uniform, we are looking to serve the society and the Nation at large, if we expect people to "look up" to us, or “fear us”, "short working hours", "easy promotion", then this is putting ourselves ahead of our purpose which is to serve true.

If we are in uniform, and always thinking and comparing ourselves to others with higher pay, we'll never ever be happy with our endeavor in Policing.
If high pay, short working hours, and etc, is what a person strive for, then he/she can go and e.g. join Insurance industry and perhaps quickly be able to drive a BMW.

To serve as Police has been my graduation purpose, and decades ago at that time, if not for circumstances I would have already served for so long.

Now at this age, I'm looking forward to giving back to society after taking from it for so long.

Just finished my medical about 2 weeks + ago, and waiting for the next step in the process which i'm quite positive on as been receiving internal C circulation material like the Lion Dance and Staff Awards.

Looking forward to my training. :)

p.s. Dun mind me saying so much, as if i don't write these then cannot sleep.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol. That basically sums it up. Enuff said. Enjoy.
I only go for $, easier/comfy job, able to perform, passion.
You mentioned that you will give up $5k per month with 200 hours for APO with $3k per month with 260 hours. Good luck, I bet 95% would disagree.
You Certis recruiter ah? Lol.

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
I heard from friend even if u got local degree cert with good gpa. but yr o level english is D7. A or C will reject yr application for inspector. really?lol

cz287cj

Reaction score
1 month 260 hours and you are still expected to pass IPPT and shooting.

Lol. That basically sums it up. Enuff said. Enjoy.
I only go for $, easier/comfy job, able to perform, passion.
You mentioned that you will give up $5k per month with 200 hours for APO with $3k per month with 260 hours. Good luck, I bet 95% would disagree.
You Certis recruiter ah? Lol.

HomeDaddy

Suspended
Reaction score

First of all, given my circumstances, it would be different compared to those who have a family and kids to take care of, and with even age old parents in mind. For me, i'm married, but no kids, and we have no burden as in loans or whatsoever.

When we put on the uniform, we are looking to serve the society and the Nation at large, if we expect people to "look up" to us, or “fear us”, "short working hours", "easy promotion", then this is putting ourselves ahead of our purpose which is to serve true.

If we are in uniform, and always thinking and comparing ourselves to others with higher pay, we'll never ever be happy with our endeavor in Policing.
If high pay, short working hours, and etc, is what a person strive for, then he/she can go and e.g. join Insurance industry and perhaps quickly be able to drive a BMW.

To serve as Police has been my graduation purpose, and decades ago at that time, if not for circumstances I would have already served for so long.

Now at this age, I'm looking forward to giving back to society after taking from it for so long.

Just finished my medical about 2 weeks + ago, and waiting for the next step in the process which i'm quite positive on as been receiving internal C circulation material like the Lion Dance and Staff Awards.

Looking forward to my training. :)

p.s. Dun mind me saying so much, as if i don't write these then cannot sleep.
Much as I applauded your desire to serve the nation, we need to be clear that unlike ICA or SPF, both Certis and Aetos are for profit security companies.

They are answerable to shareholders. not the government nor citizens.

There is really nothing noble about this and the risks are not unlike other security jobs out there... The only difference is that these two companies can carry firearms which monopoly earns them a lot of money.

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Much as I applauded your desire to serve the nation, we need to be clear that unlike ICA or SPF, both Certis and Aetos are for profit security companies.

They are answerable to shareholders. not the government nor citizens.

There is really nothing noble about this and the risks are not unlike other security jobs out there... The only difference is that these two companies can carry firearms which monopoly earns them a lot of money.

But when you are in uniform whether SPF or Certis or Aetos and patrolling and something happen, you're not protecting the shareholders, they're not on the scene, citizens from society are on the scene, property belonging to Singaporeans are on the scene.

Answerable all these, do not make a difference to Police officers. If I think this way as in "answerable this, profit that", might as well go office work.

cz287cj

Reaction score
It depend on your job assignment. You do not abandon duty post even when something happen (unless instructed by state authorities or direct superior). The most u can do is call the SPF. Your main job responsibility still goes to your client.

If they dun make money, how are they going to employ APO for the job?

But when you are in uniform whether SPF or Certis or Aetos and patrolling and something happen, you're not protecting the shareholders, they're not on the scene, citizens from society are on the scene, property belonging to Singaporeans are on the scene.

Answerable all these, do not make a difference to Police officers. If I think this way as in "answerable this, profit that", might as well go office work.

Last edited:

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
It depend on your job assignment. You do not abandon duty post even when something happen (unless instructed by state authorities or direct superior). The most u can do is call the SPF. Your main job responsibility still goes to your client.

If they dun make money, how are they going to employ APO for the job?

Ya lah this one i already know.

Make money is not my concern when executing duties.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Makes me want to recruit you as a recruiter. Recruit 500 students for me. $ doesn't matter for you right? I'll pay u twice what an APO can get.
I'll personally coach them to be future champions, excel academically and to have the correct values. Training our youngsters to be better is also nation building.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.