[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Sir_Knn

Reaction score
I received some PMs about life and jobscopes of a APO, I will share it below. I am a ex APO so here is my daily routine last year. I will wake up at 4.30am, eat breakfast, shower and prepare, leave house at 5.30am to catch the first bus. Report at 6.45am to draw arms, and fall in for inspection for turnout and bearing. I take transport from base to deployment site to work from 8am to 8pm. Sometimes night shift team come late cause of traffic jam so usually takeover timing is around 8.40pm. Then take transport back to base to return arms. Reach base at 9.40pm. Return arms and change leave base at 10pm. Take public transport home, reach home 11.15pm. After shower and eat, it's already 12am. My wife and kids are already asleep. I only have 4 and a half hours to sleep and need to wake up at 4.30am the next morning. And the cycle goes on for the next 6 days. I was literally burned out after working 6 months, eventually i resigned. No wonder the turnover rate for this job is super high. Which job in Singapore will have around 60 to 90 ppl resign every month?
Bro.. tot you just went training to C? good not? or you apply for SO now

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight Bro. Will rescind my application tomorrow morning. Dont wanna live this kind of life. If its a 5 day work week and can sleep at the base i think still tolerable. but the traveling time and 6 day work week is just too overboard. Dont make sense to go home if hours are so long, might as well camp at base like Army liddat. No wonder so few singaporeans wanna do this job. Then people still expect 100% alertness from the officers with this kind of long hour shifts.
wah lan eh u believe him.

that time he say he APO, then after that he post in EDMW, say his fren wan join APO, so asking for his fren as he dunno APO life.

he anyhow write one mens.

look at the previous post from last year backwards, some assignment can go back early, some late, some night shift, my marksman instructor tell us to get at least 6-7 hour of sleep, if really like this guy say can get at least 6-7 hour of sleep meh.

I'm APO at C, direct SGT, from NUS.

Last edited:

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Friend..this is what the serving officers in C are getting as basic..can you better advise otherwise since you already went for the interview?
That guy anyhow say one lah, he sabo that other guy go and rescind application, sibeh yao siew really.
otherwise i also won't kpkb.

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro any idea the 3mth inhouse training stay in or stay out? As now still ongoing covid pandemic.
Depends on ur company, me in C is stayout but can opt-in to stayin siol.
There are social distancing guidelines enforced strictly in the Academy too.

Kljb74

Reaction score
Depends on ur company, me in C is stayout but can opt-in to stayin siol.
There are social distancing guidelines enforced strictly in the Academy too.
Thanks bro... Will consider certis june intake. Btw dont mind i ask how is the 16k bonus paid cos like gt alot version in this forum and since u r just recruit can share? Aetos i knw sgt 6k only not 16k.

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro... Will consider certis june intake. Btw dont mind i ask how is the 16k bonus paid cos like gt alot version in this forum and since u r just recruit can share? Aetos i knw sgt 6k only not 16k.
Np bro, ur bonus will be paid in installments throughout your contract term. but check with your recruiter to double confirm.

Drifter1

Reaction score
Hi, i have inquired from Certis already regarding the bonus. 16k will be paid out in tranches over a 4 year period, of about 2k each time. The bond is only 1 year. so if u resign within 2 years, u will only get a partial payout of the bonus. For exact month and exact figure of each payout, i'd suggest you ask during the interview.
Basic salary is 2.6k/2.7k, with all your OT allowances/incentive, gross is about 3.7k.

In comparison, Company S actually pays higher as their basic is 3.3k, gross about 3.8k and bonus of 20k over a period of 3 years.

However, Company S has longer working hours as compared to Company C. So this justifies for the lower salary at C. Company C is 4 working days with 2 days off before cycle repeats, whilst company S is 5 working days per week for half the month, and 6 working days per week for the other half. This means that for Company C, you will be working 20 days per month while for Company S you will need to work 22 days.

In addition, the 12 hour shift for company S is excluding lunch hour, so total woking hour per shift is actually 13 hours. whereas for Company C, 12 hour shift is inclusive of the 1 hour lunch break. Correct me if i am wrong on this portion, but this is what i gathered from the interview.

So, if you are looking for more $ and willing to work longer hours, join company S. Wanna work lesser hours, join company C.

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of security as a career.

Kljb74

Reaction score
Hi, i have inquired from Certis already regarding the bonus. 16k will be paid out in tranches over a 4 year period, of about 2k each time. The bond is only 1 year. so if u resign within 2 years, u will only get a partial payout of the bonus. For exact month and exact figure of each payout, i'd suggest you ask during the interview.
Basic salary is 2.6k/2.7k, with all your OT allowances/incentive, gross is about 3.7k.

In comparison, Company S actually pays higher as their basic is 3.3k, gross about 3.8k and bonus of 20k over a period of 3 years.

However, Company S has longer working hours as compared to Company C. So this justifies for the lower salary at C. Company C is 4 working days with 2 days off before cycle repeats, whilst company S is 5 working days per week for half the month, and 6 working days per week for the other half. This means that for Company C, you will be working 20 days per month while for Company S you will need to work 22 days.

In addition, the 12 hour shift for company S is excluding lunch hour, so total woking hour per shift is actually 13 hours. whereas for Company C, 12 hour shift is inclusive of the 1 hour lunch break. Correct me if i am wrong on this portion, but this is what i gathered from the interview.

So, if you are looking for more $ and willing to work longer hours, join company S. Wanna work lesser hours, join company C.

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of security as a career.
Thanks bro for your sharing.

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
wah lan eh u believe him.

that time he say he APO, then after that he post in EDMW, say his fren wan join APO, so asking for his fren as he dunno APO life.

he anyhow write one mens.

look at the previous post from last year backwards, some assignment can go back early, some late, some night shift, my marksman instructor tell us to get at least 6-7 hour of sleep, if really like this guy say can get at least 6-7 hour of sleep meh.

I'm APO at C, direct SGT, from NUS.
NUS no go try be inspector? like that u SGT pay how much sia?

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
NUS no go try be inspector? like that u SGT pay how much sia?
is OK for me, i'm old pattern type people, no training prior experience, no progression jitao inspector i dun feel right.
(although i know SPF NUS is jitao INSP, but that's different, many years before i did applied and actually made it to DAC SPF final round, but due to personal things it didn't work out.)

so i prefer ground work first, then see how next time.

most important for me i proud of the Uniform, my work (do before in NS(SAF) so i know how is it), my Team.

Last edited:

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
is OK for me, i'm old pattern type people, no training prior experience, no progression jitao inspector i dun feel right.
(although i know SPF NUS is jitao INSP, but that's different, many years before i did applied and actually made it to DAC SPF final round, but due to personal things it didn't work out.)

so i prefer ground work first, then see how next time.

most important for me i proud of the Uniform, my work (do before in NS(SAF) so i know how is it), my Team.
Now I heard direct inspectors damn hard get in now for uniform grp. Maybe want scholars or better one.
Now cisco also follow new rank scheme liao? sgt1 2 3. or still old rank scheme

DalianLaoPlayKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Now I heard direct inspectors damn hard get in now for uniform grp. Maybe want scholars or better one.
Now cisco also follow new rank scheme liao? sgt1 2 3. or still old rank scheme

I think is old rank scheme, SGT then SSG. I didn't know SPF now new rank scheme got 3SGT, 2SGT, 1SGT siol.

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
Anyone here apply Aetos/Cisco/ Sats inspector before? easy to get in? cant seemed to find cisco apo inspector job opening.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.