HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[GPGT] OMG! Aetos Auxiliary Police entry salary HIGHER THAN our state police SPF!

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2020, 05:12 PM   #1171
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks all Bros here for your valuable advices and opinions
I've decided to join C as APO even though A gross salary for similar post
Will be going for medical this week for coming Sep intake
6 weeks of training will be held at C Bukit Timah, will be staying out daily due to the current covid case
Lil_d3viLz likes this.
Old 16-08-2020, 08:39 PM   #1172

Thanks all Bros here for your valuable advices and opinions
I've decided to join C as APO even though A gross salary for similar post
Will be going for medical this week for coming Sep intake
6 weeks of training will be held at C Bukit Timah, will be staying out daily due to the current covid case
Are you going in a direct-entry sergeant bro?

I just cleared my medical and their internal hiring criteria but my training intake is in October. My in-camp training is 10 weeks.
Russruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #1173

Lol. Like that Russ2 from Sgt, waiting to be SO-Insp = 16 years to do so.
Given his educational level, there are other better careers to sink 16 years into.
Most people in this career, I would say they don't have high level of education, no university degree, else who will accept long hours and low rate per hour? Long hours and tough work I can think of is like Accting. But at least accounting can easily net you at least $300~600 annual increment.

It sounds like long hours and boring work. With a good degree, can opt for SPF-Inspector directly instead of joining as SGT here. SPF-Insp provides at least more than $1000 monthly than A or C Sgt. Russ2 should fight for a starting Insp instead.
Wow bro, 16 years is a very very long time haha. I did requested for direct-entry to Inspector at C but wasn't accepted. Though I had Ph.D, a Masters degree, an Honours degree and a local polytechnic diploma
Old 16-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #1174

Yes. Diploma entry sgt 1. Degree sgt 2.

Thanks bro. Sgt 2a is the most senior grade for sgt?
cz287cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 09:29 PM   #1175

Yes. Diploma entry sgt 1. Degree sgt 2.

Oh so for me with my qualifications (PhD, Masters degree, Honours degree & local diploma), I will go in as SGT 2 or SGT 2a after my 10 weeks in-camp training?
Old 17-08-2020, 12:02 AM   #1176

Sorry, may I know who give the info like Sgt 1, Sgt 2, 2A etc? Are you refering to HomeTeam rank structure or APO?
Blowpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 04:09 AM   #1177
Master Member

Wow bro, 16 years is a very very long time haha. I did requested for direct-entry to Inspector at C but wasn't accepted. Though I had Ph.D, a Masters degree, an Honours degree and a local polytechnic diploma
Have you tried A company? Or even direct inspector @ spf? Feels like you getting shorter end of the straw. Those years of education, might as well throw away, start at this career 10 years+ ago. Hope you get recognised can promoted fast.
Old 17-08-2020, 08:14 AM   #1178

Then try find other more aspiring career outside maybe in some MNCs/GLC/Stat boards etc. If you not interested in the job, dun waste your time inside else our life will be misery.

Do note is an armed job require full concentration & commitment during your 12-13 hour shift.
Old 17-08-2020, 09:55 AM   #1179

Sorry, may I know who give the info like Sgt 1, Sgt 2, 2A etc? Are you refering to HomeTeam rank structure or APO?
Hi bro, it is bro cz287cj who gave this info earlier to me. I was earlier asking about the APO rank structure and he gave this info.

Sgt 1, sgt 2, sgt 2a. 3 grade

Old 17-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #1180

Have you tried A company? Or even direct inspector @ spf? Feels like you getting shorter end of the straw. Those years of education, might as well throw away, start at this career 10 years+ ago. Hope you get recognised can promoted fast.
I tried company A too but they haven't got back to me. SPF direct-entry to inspector requires commissioned officers in NS or PES A/B. Unfortunately I was PES C in my NS hence I couldn't qualify for SPF direct-entry even with my qualifications.
Old 17-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #1181

Then try find other more aspiring career outside maybe in some MNCs/GLC/Stat boards etc. If you not interested in the job, dun waste your time inside else our life will be misery.

Do note is an armed job require full concentration & commitment during your 12-13 hour shift.
Hi bro, I am interested in the job. I feel this is my calling as I always wanted to be a police officer and give back to the community. I have worked in MNCs and start-ups and GLC, but I feel with the current Covid-19 and also job fatigue having worked in these companies (MNCs and start-ups and GLC), I want a switch and a change and APO seems a good switch and change for me
Old 17-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #1182

Maybe u shld wait for Company A to get back to you coz I understand their SO do not require commissioned officer background unlike C.

Simply is easier to become a SO in company A than C.

Last edited by Blowpipe; 17-08-2020 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Remarks
Old 17-08-2020, 01:31 PM   #1183

Bro,
u r right, just clarified with my recruiter. as posted earlier. below is correct no Sgt1, Sgt 2 (only applicable to HomeTeam Officers).

JO: PC>LCP>CPLC>Sgt>SS>SSS>SI
bedbuger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 04:46 PM   #1184

Maybe u shld wait for Company A to get back to you coz I understand their SO do not require commissioned officer background unlike C.

Simply is easier to become a SO in company A than C.
Bro, you enquired before at A?
Old 17-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #1185

Bro,
u r right, just clarified with my recruiter. as posted earlier. below is correct no Sgt1, Sgt 2 (only applicable to HomeTeam Officers).

JO: PC>LCP>CPLC>Sgt>SS>SSS>SI
Thanks bro. Btw what's SSS?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.