HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AEROSPACE INDUSTY

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #1

AEROSPACE INDUSTY

Hi fellow sinkies, is the aerospace industry very bad now? I have a friend that is taking less than 2k after working for around 2 years. Any comments?
devilretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

What qualification & position does your friend worked as?

Hi fellow sinkies, is the aerospace industry very bad now? I have a friend that is taking less than 2k after working for around 2 years. Any comments?
Old 06-05-2018, 07:10 AM   #3

Exclamation

I am in the aviation industry. Since Year 2016 and until now, the aviation industry is climbing extremely s-l-o-w-l-y. In fact, stagnant at many points! Generally, the aviation industry in Singapore, is not doing well! Sustainable.

If we were to look at T4, is over estimated building cost. Building T5 is already losing money and it is very hard to recover losses (for the next 10-20 years) even after being built! T5 101%是亏钱!Some geniuses projected high traffic in the next 10-30 years but all are paper talks and positive presumption.

In this industry, many companies want skilled/experienced people. After that, they will look at academic qualification. If you were to go through all aviation associated job listings, the jobs available are very limited ("ko-liian") and jobs for inexperienced people are even lesser ("jizn-jiar-ko-liian")!

Those available limited job definitely cannot be fulfilled by locals because such experiences are so hard to gain! The company has no choice, in order to hire FT, they have to advertise these jobs. When time is up, these companies will get in FT to fill in the positions.

The job for zero experience is pitiful! Most MNC or local companies will not bother to hire. They have money to get experienced people rather to train new staffs. Very often, these job are about <$1500.

In local aviation industry, most companies do not appreciate "skill retention". They will get somebody ready made and fill in immediately. Believe me or not, no experience applicants can forget it.

Last edited by trojanhorse; 06-05-2018 at 07:19 AM..
trojanhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.