AMA : I am a Gogovan driver

suangern

Reaction score
able to use own car for redmart? 1 of the questions on the application form states if we own a commercial van, i dont see any option for own passenger car/motorbike.
you click "no" for own commercial van then go to next page?

i registered with my own motor, they ok, ask me saturday go down to their office, see how first.

bran36

Reaction score
you click "no" for own commercial van then go to next page?

i registered with my own motor, they ok, ask me saturday go down to their office, see how first.

is it? there was no such option for me even after choosing "no", simply ask me which dates i am available for an onboarding session.

could you update on the salary for using own vehicle to deliver for them after your onboarding session? PM if inconvenient to share. thanks!

kkboy1

Reaction score
is it? there was no such option for me even after choosing "no", simply ask me which dates i am available for an onboarding session.

could you update on the salary for using own vehicle to deliver for them after your onboarding session? PM if inconvenient to share. thanks!

We would like to know too so that we can compare with other deliveries company.

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i recently signed up for amazon flex last week as i wanted to make good use of my weekend to earn some extra money. After my account was approved i was offered a reserved slot on a sat morning , so i did 1 shift on sat from 9.30-11.30.
Firstly i had to drive to the warehouse at toh guan from my place at kovan, it took me around 25 mins to reach. When i reached there , i pressed i arrived on the app and waited another 15-20 mins in the car queue to go up to the 2nd floor to park. Then i went to the office ,checked in on the tablet and took my queue number and i waited outside for my number to be called. After another 10 mins or so, they called my number, by the time i took my trolley it was around 10am already.

When i saw my trolley i was totally shocked . There were 27 parcels to be delivered in total and there were 3 drink carton(i think they weighed about 5kg each), plus alcohol bottles , the scanning process took me another 5 mins and i had to push the cart to my car and sort out the packages by location. In total i saw that i had to deliver to 5 places. When i left the warehouse it was like 10.15am already.

The first location i had to deliver was to CCK for a total of 8 packages and 3 of them were the drink cartons. because i had no trolley , i had to park in the car park and carry the drink carton one by one up to the house before i rang the door bell(lesson learnt, have to bring a trolley for this job, else you will tire yourself out very fast). In total i had to make 5 trips up and down and it took me 25 mins. by the time i finished my first delivery i was sweating like crazy and it was almost 11am.

The rest of the delivery was easier (2-5 packages), but when i reached my 2nd last delivery it was already 11.50am , it was a delivery to a condo. When i reached the condo , i unloaded the stuff from the car and pressed on the intercom , but there was no response. I called the customer on the phone like 5 times and there was still no response. Finally i called the customer service and they told me if i could pass it to someone at the customer place if she wasnt home(but obviousy i couldnt ). So at that time it was already 12.15pm and the last customer called me asking me if i am delivering to her or not as i was supposed to deliver by 12pm and i was late. I told her i was on my way and i left the condo to my last destination. After i dropped off my last delivery. i went back to the undelivered location and called the customer like another 10 times, but still no reply. i saw my watch and it was almost 1pm.

I had 2 choice , one was to return the packages to the amazon warehouse at toh guan , the other was to leave it with the security guard . I called the customer service and asked if i could leave it with the security. They said as long as it is safe and if the security had the ability to inform the customer on her packages , i could. So i confirmed with the guard house if they can contact the owner on my behalf and left the packages with them and ended my session. By the time i reached home , it was already 1.40pm.

In total i spent more than 4 hours on the road, the whole time i was tired out and anxious just to earn that $44. Also when i drove back home i noticed that my fuel tank was 15%-20% empty(driving from kovan to toh guan, then from toh guan to yishun/CCK and then back to Kovan area). So all in all , including fuel cost , i probably earned about $30 for my 4 hours of work , which works out to be $7.5 an hour.

But i have to say it was a good experience overall. On the job i got to see and interact with many different people as well as to explore different parts of Singapore. Also i would say that i could have delivered faster if i had a trolley and if the customers were at home at their timeslots(this one cannot blame anyone). But money wise it was not that lucrative for the time and effort spent.

but i did speak to some of my friends who do amazon flex regularly , they di d say my situation was unique as normally they only need to deliver 15-20 parcels for the 2 hour slot. Also , most of the time the customers are always home and they are able to complete their delivery in 2 hours . Maybe i should give it one more try.

don't waste ur time...my friend used to work for amazon flex since they started. In the past,it's very good to work for them. one day can earn up to $220(5 block).
bcuz of this,many people turn to become full time contractors(quit their main). Since around like first half of 2017,they ki siao.

They mass terminate,deduct your $ for nothing by saying that u don't deliver for them. Even u try to appeal,providing all evidence. U will still get an automated email stated their decision is firm.

i last time aso signed up and rarely do amazon. 1 hr $22,i kena makan $ by them and the next day, i tio terminated for nothing...Email just shoot me tat others ppl using my acc to work. ccb. kpkb them,they boh chup.

In fact many of them went to MOM but MOM cannot do anything. Some even went to find wat ministers de... No use also.

My friend not long ago kena terminated for nothing. Some more bo reason bo email at all. he didn't work for them few weeks then suddenly tio terminate.
He aso kena a lot of $ lost cause he last time use amazon flex to work full time....

U late arh,it's aso under your fault hor. got 1 malaysian FT female manager(many contractors quarrel with her) inside the warehouse can chut stunt deduct your $. throw u 9 10 11 places and want u to complete within the block time. cannot? go deduct your block times $.

If my friend not wrong,amazon AI aso penalize u. end of the days,tio terminated.:(

I already know a lot of victims working under amazon flex programme. tio kick tio makan $. Hear frm my friend,they always repeat mass termination-->mass hiring cycle.

Want to work.
Work at your own risk...:s22:

Last edited:

suangern

Reaction score
Fastfast and gogo, need to use our money to buy their "credit" then only can bid their jobs. Need go to their office(sin ming) for briefing.

Lala
need deposit $70 for car, van, lorry. $25 for motor. Also need to go their office (ubi) for briefing.

Last edited:

suangern

Reaction score

We would like to know too so that we can compare with other deliveries company.

i don't have own vehicle, so he skipped, and now only have south and west areas, not my areas, too far for me to come.

:s12:

bran36

Reaction score
don't waste ur time...my friend used to work for amazon flex since they started. In the past,it's very good to work for them. one day can earn up to $220(5 block).
bcuz of this,many people turn to become full time contractors(quit their main). Since around like first half of 2017,they ki siao.

They mass terminate,deduct your $ for nothing by saying that u don't deliver for them. Even u try to appeal,providing all evidence. U will still get an automated email stated their decision is firm.

i last time aso signed up and rarely do amazon. 1 hr $22,i kena makan $ by them and the next day, i tio terminated for nothing...Email just shoot me tat others ppl using my acc to work. ccb. kpkb them,they boh chup.

In fact many of them went to MOM but MOM cannot do anything. Some even went to find wat ministers de... No use also.

My friend not long ago kena terminated for nothing. Some more bo reason bo email at all. he didn't work for them few weeks then suddenly tio terminate.
He aso kena a lot of $ lost cause he last time use amazon flex to work full time....

U late arh,it's aso under your fault hor. got 1 malaysian FT female manager(many contractors quarrel with her) inside the warehouse can chut stunt deduct your $. throw u 9 10 11 places and want u to complete without the block time. cannot? go deduct your block times $.

If my friend not wrong,amazon AI aso penalize u. end of the days,tio terminated.:(

I already know a lot of victims working under amazon flex programme. tio kick tio makan $. Hear frm my friend,they always repeat mass termination-->mass hiring cycle.

Want to work.
Work at your own risk...:s22:

Wah serious bo? I doing amazon flex part time. 2-4hours daily. Waiting for PDVL. From my experiences, they will random check your NRIC to see if you are the registered driver on certain times, so far 3 months in, checked 2 times.

Yea, got 1 female knn, dam inflexible, I Kena once, a few cartons of water, microwave oven, those big stuffs, and 1 Long ladder, obviously my car can’t fit, still want to argue back, say no choice. Dam brainless, those big items should handover to van Drivers. A few male staffs also. They despatch the items dam slow, especially morning, you take 2h timeslot, in the and, after queuing and receiving the parcels, only left 1.5h to deliver.

Anyway, those deduct is they lose the parcels or what? Never contact support? The support hotline helpful, can see everything.

bran36

Reaction score
i don't have own vehicle, so he skipped, and now only have south and west areas, not my areas, too far for me to come.

:s12:

I see, thanks. I never went for the session too, their items by cartons one, I think use car not worth it. Must have van.

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah serious bo? I doing amazon flex part time. 2-4hours daily. Waiting for PDVL. From my experiences, they will random check your NRIC to see if you are the registered driver on certain times, so far 3 months in, checked 2 times.

Yea, got 1 female knn, dam inflexible, I Kena once, a few cartons of water, microwave oven, those big stuffs, and 1 Long ladder, obviously my car can’t fit, still want to argue back, say no choice. Dam brainless, those big items should handover to van Drivers. A few male staffs also. They despatch the items dam slow, especially morning, you take 2h timeslot, in the and, after queuing and receiving the parcels, only left 1.5h to deliver.

Anyway, those deduct is they lose the parcels or what? Never contact support? The support hotline helpful, can see everything.

Yes... her name simi call mei li right? Jiu hu ft. One of the cbk in amazon. Yes they will random check as most of the contracts acc gt terminated so they will use other ppl acc to work or some used it to chao keng for extra $... which is why will kena ID check.
It’s not about losing parcel. It’s their kns AI or some unreasonable manager cancels it.
Support in US side also useless,even u call them,their support some will forget,lazy or don’t note it down for u and it will cause your acc to get terminate.. The numbers of termination in amazon is seriously gaolat.
They always say... do correctly or wrongly will still get yourself terminate in amazon. Try to chat those lao jiao contractors,they will tell u a lot of others lao jiao tio terminate 1.

Last edited:

bran36

Reaction score
Yes... her name simi call mei li right? Jiu hu ft. One of the cbk in amazon. Yes they will random check as most of the contracts acc gt terminated so they will use other ppl acc to work or some used it to chao keng for extra $... which is why will kena ID check.
It’s not about losing parcel. It’s their kns AI or some unreasonable manager cancels it.
Support in US side also useless,even u call them,their support some will forget,lazy or don’t note it down for u and it will cause your acc to gt get terminate.. The numbers of termination in amazon is seriously gaolat.
They always say... do correctly or wrongly will still get yourself terminate in amazon. Try to chat those lao jiao contractors,they will tell u a lot of others lao jiao tio terminate 1.

Dam, that’s screwed up. I forget the lady’s name, the staffs there keep changing one, always got new staffs, now a lot of teenagers. Those young one still ok, can discuss. Those older ones, I supposed full timers, knnB, like you owe them one. Think they too dumb or don’t even have a driving license, don’t understand anything. Sometimes dulan, don’t want do, want to just leave the parcels there and Zhao also paiseh, because it will get pushed to the next driver.

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dam, that’s screwed up. I forget the lady’s name, the staffs there keep changing one, always got new staffs, now a lot of teenagers. Those young one still ok, can discuss. Those older ones, I supposed full timers, knnB, like you owe them one. Think they too dumb or don’t even have a driving license, don’t understand anything. Sometimes dulan, don’t want do, want to just leave the parcels there and Zhao also paiseh, because it will get pushed to the next driver.

bcuz lacking of training mah...
actually amazon flex pay well but dun u think it's funny to see new faces almost every days... haha... even inside those packers always leave. last time a week can almost earn up to 1.2k+ if u got 2 acc and always sit kopitiam relax 1...
the problem is that inside too many f up people(contractors,warehouse managers,dispatcher etc) coming in. do routing aso ft and give u impossible task for u to accomplish. the whole market ji tao spoilt by those rotten eggs. then those ang moh tat transfer here to handle the program always headache 1. in fact sg perform the worse when one of their top ang moh chit chats with my friends and they burn a lot of $ here liao..
Inside totally too rotten liao,got a lot of them kena those unfair justice want to sue liao but then too bad,we are not like US.
gt 1 fierce contractor even call up police last time because kena makan $ and tio terminated boh dai boh ji.
i think one day, sh!t will blow up in the media or they themselves quit sg.:(

Last edited:

bran36

Reaction score
bcuz lacking of training mah...
actually amazon flex pay well but dun u think it's funny to see new faces almost every days... haha... even inside those packers always leave. last time a week can almost earn up to 1.2k+ if u got 2 acc and always sit kopitiam relax 1...
the problem is that inside too many f up people(contractors,warehouse managers,dispatcher etc) coming in. do routing aso ft and give u impossible task for u to accomplish. the whole market ji tao spoilt by those rotten eggs. then those ang moh tat transfer here to handle the program always headache 1. in fact sg perform the worse when one of their top ang moh chit chats with my friends and they burn a lot of $ here liao..
Inside totally too rotten liao,got a lot of them kena those unfair justice want to sue liao but then too bad,we are not like US.
gt 1 fierce contractor time even call up police last time because kena makan $ and tio terminate boh dai boh ji.
i think one day, sh!t will blow up in the media or they themselves quit sg.:(

Agreed, maybe the T&C a lot of fine prints, that’s why they dare play these stunts. Seems like some really do full time, wonder how they keep getting the slots. For me, I don’t think worth it for full time, no fixed route, then after 1 block end, need return to the warehouse. Imagine you at Punggol then go back Toh Guan, minus petrol really don’t earn, unless hybrid cars.

Anyway, thanks for your inputs, happy CNY to you and your family!

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed, maybe the T&C a lot of fine prints, that’s why they dare play these stunts. Seems like some really do full time, wonder how they keep getting the slots. For me, I don’t think worth it for full time, no fixed route, then after 1 block end, need return to the warehouse. Imagine you at Punggol then go back Toh Guan, minus petrol really don’t earn, unless hybrid cars.

Anyway, thanks for your inputs, happy CNY to you and your family!

Yeah happy CNY to u and your family too...

They use hack...
they do full times aso no use. the more u do,the fastest u get terminated by amazon 1.

my friend tat got terminated not long ago,kena the reason for being absent on his block times.
My friend ji tao throw screenshot and evidence at them yet they still can said his evidence was invalid(usual ** email template). he ji tao cc jeff bezos and threatened to exposed them online. The next day,their email stated that they will investigated the whole matters.
Any of our labour laws is really a joke... so many ppl kena play out yet nothing can be done to fix them.
Some even ring up cpib liao but aso no use like this.
Even in other countries also face the same problem.
If can arh,really hope alibaba trash them gao gao...
:(

Last edited:

bran36

Reaction score
Yeah happy CNY to u and your family too...

They use hack...
they do full times aso no use. the more u do,the fastest u get terminated by amazon 1.

my friend tat got terminated not long ago,kena the reason for being absent on his block times.
My friend ji tao throw screenshot and evidence at them yet they still can said his evidence was invalid(usual ** email template). he ji tao cc jeff bezos and threatened to exposed them online. The next day,their email stated that they will investigated the whole matters.
Any our labour laws is really a joke... so many ppl kena play out yet nothing can be done to fix them.
Some even ring up cpib liao but aso no use like this.
Even in other countries also face the same problem.
If can arh,really hope alibaba trash them gao gao...
:(

Lol. No wonder can keep getting the slots. You know la, we peasants nia, imagine this happen to someone powerful, then you’ll see. I don’t want elaborate, you know I know.

Anyway shag la, I still gotta stick to this, until PDVL comes, then do Grab part time since Uni starts in August. I tried ninjavan, others sub to me, knn do like dog, need meet timing or what if not keep penalty penalty. Do 1 day I quit. Any lobang use own car like amazon flex? Own time own target, what do then do one.

Thoma5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. No wonder can keep getting the slots. You know la, we peasants nia, imagine this happen to someone powerful, then you’ll see. I don’t want elaborate, you know I know.

Anyway shag la, I still gotta stick to this, until PDVL comes, then do Grab part time since Uni starts in August. I tried ninjavan, others sub to me, knn do like dog, need meet timing or what if not keep penalty penalty. Do 1 day I quit. Any lobang use own car like amazon flex? Own time own target, what do then do one.

Cause do full time with 2 acc. U can earn up to 6k plus per month but must chiong every days... Last time very relax. Titi sit kopitiam relax. Now very hard liao.
Ninjiavan,simi co,i also got ppl do for me before. Those parcel delivery is a waste of time. Redmart is the worse out there. Sibei pysically straining jobs but if u can hoot in as main con with right connections arh... one month earn up to 70 to 100k plus. But as we know,they all bleed very gaolat in sg... so nowadays very hard to earn also.

Current player that still pay the best is still amazon flex but must play smart loh...

Last edited:

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last month I did a few qourier, this month hasn't paid

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

MorningOwl

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, not so sure how Gogovan works. This Sunday 8pm I need transportation service from point A to point B. Need to move a few clothing racks about 1.2m in length and 1.7m in height. Definitely need a 10ft lorry. Do I have to book an appointment thru the app now or I just book a service on Sunday 7pm(one hour in advance)?

suangern

Reaction score
Hi guys, not so sure how Gogovan works. This Sunday 8pm I need transportation service from point A to point B. Need to move a few clothing racks about 1.2m in length and 1.7m in height. Definitely need a 10ft lorry. Do I have to book an appointment thru the app now or I just book a service on Sunday 7pm(one hour in advance)?

can always book in advance, 1-2 days, don't wait last minute cannot find driver :s22:

all these apps bookings more or less the same one...

last month I did a few qourier, this month hasn't paid

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

me too, haven't received payment for last month.:s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.